Eric and Calleigh #32 - Seven Years In The Making.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Eric & Calleigh #32 Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 14, 2009.
  1. Girls like Flowers

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Ready to Settle Down

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Moving Towards Each Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's been brewing for a long time

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Seven years in the making

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  6. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. As Foretold by Nostradamus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Seriously, a huge grin broke out on my face when I read that spoiler delkolover posted.

Calleigh joking about marriage just doesn't happen. She would never joke about anything like that.. So this is a pretty big deal.

I agree with you, Audrey2419, I don't think Calleigh would joke about something like that unless there already was something going on between her and Eric. Especially since she knows how deeply he feels for her.

I'm excited now.:)

2. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I don't know... I'm guessing it's a joke. A flirty joke, but still a joke. There's a difference between joking about marriage and joking about a green card marriage. Hell, my roommate -- who does not believe AT ALL in the institution of marriage -- once very nearly married one of her friends so he could stay in the states. I'd love for it to mean more, but honestly, even with Calleigh being... Calleigh... I don't think there's a point form now to season 1 where she could joke about a green card marriage to keep Eric in the states, and it would ring as out of character to me.

However, all these spoilers give me major warm fuzzies!

3. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Ooh, exciting tidbit, I really hope they keep that in. I can see Calleigh saying that outwardly to Eric in a joking manner but perhaps they'll show her true expression as she briefly turns away from him after that line, where only the viewers see a more serious emotion on her face ....just like someone said earlier, similar to the scene about "finding the right girl"? She can be so emotionally repressed, I feel bad for Eric sometimes LOL! It's like, "Come on Calleigh, throw me a emotional bone here!" But he knows not to push her. Wait, I thought I read somewhere Eric decides to give her a nudge (as a result of his whole "who's my Daddy?" thing??) and indicates to her that he wants to take their friendship to another level? Maybe I was just dreaming, nevermind, I think I got that wrong!

Do you think they'll even give us a first kiss before the season ends or right at the end? If so, I wonder if it would be a romantic, tender "aaww", kind of kiss, or, a passionate, suck your face off kinda of kiss? We already got the soft peck on Eric's cheek but that's different. I would like to see both but if it came down to it, I'll go for the latter b/c, let's face it, after so many years of developing their friendship and UST, they have to let go all that pent up energy in one big bang!:)

4. mandystevens

mandystevens Hit and Run

wwooowww i can't wait for 7x16!

& YOU GUYS already saw the new stills for the 7x13?? Is Eric and Calleigh in all of them. hahahha
    And can i just say how cute Cal is with the tie and all. aawww just adorable. And she and eric always match. LOL he's grey suite and her grey blaizer. They belong together, come on. hahahha :lol:

5. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Wow... Thanks, Delkolover! You've just made my day. This really looks interesting. I can't wait to see it. I bet they're gonna have eye sex during that conversation.

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

delkolover, you are my hero. You just made a bad day at work a little brighter. :thumbsup:

The whole marriage joke thing is awesome. I had mentioned something about her marrying him in an effort to keep him here, see there is a method to my madness....:lol: Now if we could only get a kiss in there

7. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  8. potato

potato Dead on Arrival

Happy new year everyone!

Wow! :eek: That sounds like a great E/C moment! :) It's said that they're joking with each other but a joking marriage proposal coming from Calleigh is such a teaser to the E/C fans of awesome things that will happen for this ship. :adore: I would loooove to see how that moment plays out. :D

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright, so we all know that Eric can see himself settling down with her, but what does this "marriage proposal" from Calleigh mean. There is always some truth in what people say, even if they are joking. It would be funny if Eric would tell her well what would you do if I said yes. :lol: so does that mean that she is ready and willing to let him in. hmmm....Feb is so far away :scream:

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Now,see that's what I meant... a flirty joke. Not a cavalier one. I would never think Calleigh would be so insensitive as to give a cavalier joke about marriage, given what she knows about Eric's feelings for her. And I also said in a previous post that I think, or hope, that by the end of 714, they are a couple (so it would be logical that she would pick him up when he gets out of the detainment center) and a flirty joke about marrying him so he could stay in the country wouldn't come off wrong. At any rate, if Calleigh were to have mentioned marrying him in a serious way, it would be extremely out of character for Eric to come back with a joking retort that maybe he found someone on the inside.

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Of course it's a joke, but Calleigh we all know would never make a joke like that. So, my guess is that their relationship will change by the time she makes a comment like that. Right now, a joke about marriage would be too awkward, because she knows his feelings and he knows that she knows but they've never discussed it. But, if they were together it would be a totally different story. There's only one thing I know for sure. I can't wait to see it.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

That is what I am thinking.....

Something, either physical or verbal, happens at some point in 714 which bring their "relationship" to a whole other level. I mean Cal is joking but is the context of the joke that has me :eek: about the whole thing. Like everyone has said, given that she knows how Eric feels, she wouldn't make a passing joke about something as serious as marriage and/or considering the situation Eric just got out of!

I think what really shocked me about it was how out of character is seemed for Cal....she jokes yes, but to joke about something as personal as that seemed, to me, like her character was more relaxed around Eric and there has got to be a reason for that.;)

Seriously though, February is way toooooo far away!! :lol:

EDIT:
    I posted spoilers for ep 717 in the spoiler thread....unfortunately, I didn't see anything, other than them working the case together, concering E/C....but always remember I DON'T SEE EVERYTHING. ;)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You are right about that... some of our good E/C moments haven't been in the spoilers.

Is this the episode titled Divorce Party? If so, it could result in some good scenes where Calleigh divulges even more of her childhood to Eric, with her parents divorce and all.

Although the first half of this season has been relatively dry when it comes to E/C, I'm hoping the latter half is much better... and considering that 714 and 716 are to be milestones for E/C, I'm betting the latter half WILL be much better.

When exactly is 716 supposed to air?

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

As of right now 716 is supposed to air on 2/16....that is a tentative date given by MTV in an interview with Diddy. I don't think we will truly know if that is the real air date until CBS puts out its press release on the ep.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hey guys :)!! I finally have internet service again so yay! Just in time to read about the spoiler for 7.16 so I'm really excited! These are my thoughts about that...

I agree about Cal joking about trivial stuff and them flirting and all. However, I think this joke will carry a lot more weight than any other comment, joke, or flirty moment they have shared. Not only because it refers to marriage but because it's like now it's not only Eric saying these kind of comments (when I find the right girl, transfer to the night shift, I don't know what I would've done if something would've happened to you...) now it's Calleigh. So I see it as Cal stepping into the game cause something happened that made her comfortable and sure enough to do so. As for Eric's remark, maybe he was joking about the inmates in the detention center :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.