Eric and Calleigh #32 - Seven Years In The Making.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Eric & Calleigh #32 Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 14, 2009.
  1. Girls like Flowers

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Ready to Settle Down

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Moving Towards Each Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's been brewing for a long time

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Seven years in the making

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  6. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. As Foretold by Nostradamus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Why else would there be so much exposure?... To bring up the ratings a lot and just tease us all.. because TPTB are mean. So really, this 'something' that might possibly be happening could really be nothing..

But I don't believe that.:) Sort of.

I'm just really going to hate if they aren't together by the end of the season and we are left with some sort of horrible cliffhanger about Eric and Calleigh. I hate cliffhangers.

2. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

You know I was thinking about exactly the same thing. Are they playing with us again or there will be something in those upcoming episodes finally. I mean we hoped that "Wrecking crew" might be so great episode for Calleigh and Eric. But no such luck and what a disappoitment.:(
    I'm still really trying to believe that something will happen between them in those episodes, cause another cliffhanger would be just cruel. And we deserve to get something after so long waiting. It's almost half the season and we practically didn't get anything yet. One flirty comment about that girls love flowers, come on where are those baby steps and what about testing the waters (cause someone said they will do that)?:confused:
    If we won't get something before the end of this season I'll be very mad.:evil:

3. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

Well, also, don't forget that scene where Calleigh read Eric's file (wanting to settle down with her!!). I personally think that was really good.
    I'm pretty sure we'll get something in the upcoming episodes. Yes, it's getting frustrating having to wait, but like I've said before, I would prefer that the writers take their time(although they are dragging it a little too long now) and get E/C together rather than get E/C togeher so fast that they don't know what to do next but break them up. I would really hate to see these past seasons gone to waste.

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I'm flattered by the confidence you have in me! :D

As for spoilers, well, whatever I post in the spoiler thread, unless I post E/C stuff here, is really all I see! Of course I can't (per site rules) give you guys every little bit dialogue but I do give you the jist of what is going on. So if I didn't post it, chances are I either didn't see it or it was added on later.

As for E/C....there is no way that TPTB are teasing us. Well they are with the "getting there" part but we are actually going to get there!! That I have no doubt. I mean c'mon even if they are hyping it up for ratings, it is still physically going to happen....that would be bad business sense to hype something that won't eventually actually happen. Plus, I don't think they would do that to us. E/C is going to happen...I feel it in my bones! As always, we just have to be patient. As redundant that sounds and as hard as it is to do; we have to do it. If we abandon them now, all those other shipper fans will smell the blood in the water and attack!! No that they don't already! ;)

I am hopin the next day or so we will have new spoilers....but one never knows with these things!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  5. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I agree with you on EC happening for real... I'd still like it better if those baby steps were more of a small child steps... The thing that bothers me is that we had this wonderful revelation on Eric's part (not that we didn't know how he felt already, but it was still nice to hear it and to see Calleigh reading it) and Calleigh's reaction was minimal... I'm very closed person myself, but if someone said something like that about me, I certainly wouldn't act like nothing happened. I mean, there's this guy who said that he wanted to settle down with her. It's not an 'I have a crush on you' kind of thing, it's an 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to have family with you, You're the love of my life' kind of thing. But then again, maybe that's the reason she's not doing anything about it. Maybe it's like one of those things that have you paralyzed and you want to do something, anything, but you just can't. And you need some kind of scare in order to do what you want. We know she's gonna get that scare, so let's just hope that it will make her do what she has to do.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

What Marija says has some bearing. Perhaps knowing what she knows about the sheer depth of how Eric feels about her scares her, and we know how she is. I think it will take what happens in episode 14 for her to finally say "f**k it" to her fears and just go with her heart. That whole I-almost-died-I-need-to-live-my-life-and-do-what-makes-me-happy thing.

And in my opinion, or rather I should say my hope, is that at the end of this episode they begin to become a couple, taking it slow, and so by episode 16 naturally she is the one that would pick him up after he gets out of jail, and brings him his favorite snack (I believe that was part of the spoilers too)

7. delkolover

She is a closed off person but I personally think she was sooo shocked she didn't know what to do. And her being quiet about it was her trying to process what the hell she just read. Something like that....regardless of how you feel about other person just based on its content, shocks you into silence! It is something that literally rendered her speechless.

Exactly, well said, my hope too and Amen!!

All in that order! :lol:

8. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I agree with you. I have no doubt that Calleigh was freaked out by what she had just read about Eric's feelings. She isn't great in expressing her feelings out loud, so I expect she was so quiet because she was trying to process it all.

I have no doubt that once she goes through a few things she'll be ready to open up and let Eric know that she reciprocates.

;)

9. delkolover

Ok so, the spoilers for ep 716 were updated and b/c of the holidays I missed it!! I went there looking today for new spoilers and saw it now...My bad!! There is something interesting in one of them though.....and yes it concerns E/C ;)

Eric exits the detainment center after being cleared and Cal is waiting across the street for him....when he approaches her she jokes to him that if things didn't work out the way they did she was going to ask him to marry her so he could stay in the states! Eric jokingly replies that maybe he met someone on the inside already.

That is all I saw and I don't know in what context it is all in....so do with that information as you wish!! :lol:

10. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Whoa! Holy S*#T! This is going to be amazing!!

If this plays out the way it's written then this episode is going to be some kind of start-up to Eric and Cal's relationship. Now my question is: Is she really joking or was she being serious when she says this to Eric? Only time will tell.

11. delkolover

After reading it, especially the "way" in which it seemed to be said by her....it seemed a little out of character for her ya know? I mean she would NEVER joke about marriage unless....unless they have either discussed "them" or they are actually a "them" by the time this ep airs ;) Hmmmm....it is interesting at the very least.

12. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

Wow! I laughed when I saw this because I was joking earlier to my sister about Calleigh marrying Eric so he could stay in the US... love it. Anyways, I agree with you, delkolover, Calleigh doesn't go around making jokes like that, and this is after episode 14, so I believe we are heading in the right direction. Personally, I think she should have married him anyways!:lol:

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I bet she says it jokingly, with a laugh... but inside, she really means it. If they finally do become a couple in 7.14, I cannot imagine her saying anything about marriage 2 episodes later and be serious about it. So... I think she'll say it with a laugh or a smile, and unbeknownst to Eric, she really means it. Eric does come back with a joking retort about perhaps already finding someone inside the detainment center, so it would seem he takes what she says as a joke too. Considering the look on Calleigh's face at the "finding the right girl" comment from him in My Nanny, I wonder what the look on her face will be after he says maybe he already found someone on the inside. I hope its something of the same face she made then.

14. delkolover

True but it didn't read like that....it is sooo hard to describe since I can't quote. She may have been joking but for Cal to joke about something like marriage, says something, IMO. I mean they flirt and joke all the time but to joke about something as serious as that, is so NOT our normal Cal. Does that make sense?

15. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I agree completely. Calleigh is so protective of herself and her feelings that there is no way she would EVER joke about marriage unless she and Eric are a couple or at the very least in serious discussion about becoming a couple.

Calleigh and Eric have spent the last seven years together, and have joked and flirted about a lot of things, BUT in all that time marriage was not something they ever joked about.

Also, since Calleigh has read Eric's file and knows how he feels about settling down with her there is no way in hell that she would make a joke like this unless there was something already going on between them. She wouldn't risk hurting Eric any more than she already did with Jake.

Just my opinion...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.