Grade 'Forbidden Fruit'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 17, 2008.

?

How would you grade Forbidden Fruit?

1. A+

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. A

28 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. A-

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

:guffaw::guffaw::lol: *is dead from laughing* :p

The story line was decent, and I have to admit, it's kind of a nice change of pace from the girls having psycho stalkers to Mac having a psycho stalker. :D

I'm interested also to see if Mac gets wicked p***ed once he realizes Stella didn't listen to him... Hmm... ;)

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

At this point we don't know if Stella is misleading Angell for her own purposes or not. Mac told Stella to "stand down" on this case but we have no idea (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible) if Stella informed Angell that she's investigating against Mac's orders. If she didn't that means Angell didn't make the choice to help her go rogue and if something happens to Angell it will be on Stella's head. If Angell was completely informed and chose to go rougue with Stella than that's a completely different story. At this point we don't know, but to be honest I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if Stella did mislead Angell.

3. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I gave this episode an A,it was a good one despite some eyebrow raising moments.

Stella`s storyline is boring and annoying.
    Yes,I get that she wants the killings to stop but I would like to know what is so important about those coins that someone from the greek consulate wants them of the streets.
    I would love to know that cause then I might be more understanding about the whole storyline.
    And Stella should stop thinking that she is a supervisor and can overrule Mac or can do things without Mac,cause she isn`t.
    She used to be one of my favorite characters but at the moment I feel that there is too much arrogance or rather personal vendetta in her.
    I also don`t see the charm in the Stella/Angell pairing.
    Yes,Angell can make her own desicion but Stella should know better then to pull someone else into her vendetta.
    If something happens to Angell,Stella will be forever blaming herself and probally get blamed aswell.

Well,I would think that making fake coins is illegal and while Mac was in the wrong for going after a criminal alone.
    Stella used a criminal for her own purpose and even went as far to offer him something in return.
    I would think that that might be more wrong then Mac going in without back up.
    Added with that she went against Mac`s order,I would say that she was wrong on more the one account.

I`m curious as to what to see what Ella has in store with Mac,cause while I can see why she would get attached to Mac,I also feel that there are only bad things to come and that Ella is the one who gets off worse.(okay that was an open door:lol:)

The D/L scene was actually cute and gave a sweet vibe off.
    Wether they really love each other or not remains to be seen but it is obvious that they atleast care enough for each other to accept the things to come.

Other then,I loved Sid`s reaction when he cut open the girl and all that drap came out.
    It was almost if in his mind he flashed back to that radioactivity case.

And the usual scenes of Adam and Danny,are funny as hell

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I doubt Stella would put in jeopardy Angell's life or anyone's life for the matter. She is a loner by Nature because she was raised so alone. So i wouldn't be surprise if Angell had to convince her to participate. Angell is not stupid. She knows Stella is with Mac all the time. If he is not there she must know it is because Stella didn't receive his aproval
    Yes, she seems to be a little obssesive but after the trauma which put in jeopardy her own life months ago i doubt she would be completely "clean" from the fear and terror i could see in her eyes back in the embassy

Besides she is not more obssesive than Danny after Ruben's death (which could cost more than just one life). Considering how passionate and obssesive both of them are, the whole situation is perfectly understable.

The coin is so important in terms (that what i believe. Just my personal opinion of course) of International Antiques Dealers. For obssesive colectionists those coins are the Sacred Grial. Even Dinousaurs bones are sold in the international market. But of course we won't know until this storyline is completely unfold

And i disagree, the whole Greek coin storyline is very enterteining. Stella has to face her Nemesis but at least she is not victim of some abusive boyfriend. I remember the Cost of Living and the last scene was amazing. Nothing we get use to watch very often nowadays in CSI NY

Of course i prefer this over a baby drama soap opera which threaten to overload everyone's patience ;)

Debbie :D

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I thought overall a really good episode.

Good points:

Angell undercover - she was v.cool. Will be interesting to see if she ends up in any danger because of this and how that will affect Stella.

Adam - nice they brought in the bit about his dad, hopefully there will be more on that story. Loved the scene with him and Danny.

D/L - surprisingly cute, although a bit weird that it happened at work. It gives the impression that they don't spend that much time together outside or work and are certainly not living together (which I know Adam implied aswell, but his comment didn't make awhole lot of sense to me, whether D/L are together or not there will still be 2 incomes supporting the child)

Ella storyline - interested to see where this goes just hope they don't drag it out too long. As someone already said too many ongoing storys at the moment.

Not good:

I am no fan of the demonstrations! Just say what you have to say and stop treating people like they are children. I'm sure Mac will understand if you just tell him straight.

The motive - very week in my opinion, if their contract was legally binding did she really need to kill her in such a clumsy way? or at all?

6. jolein

jolein Pathologist

That is comparing apples with granberries.
    Danny in this case wasn`t obssed,he was grieving because a child in his care died for no reason other then that he got shot because some girl couldn`t aim.
    In the end he put himself at risk when he went after Rikki,not someone else.
    Danny almost always puts himself at risk instead of someone else.

Stella`s obsession is wrong and she knows it.
    She doesn`t trust her own team in finding the evidence for catching the greek guy and in distrusting her own team she puts someone elses life in danger,in this case Angell`s life.

7. PerfectAnomaly

Stella and Mac are not conjoined twins. They don't work the same cases all of the time so Angell would have no reason to question if Mac gave his approval of the investigation just because Mac isn't there. They're detectives which means they investigate crimes. That's what Stella and Angell are doing and there is no reason at all for Angell to question if Stella has Mac's approval. To Angell they're just doing their jobs and so far there's nothing to indicate if she is aware Stella has gone rogue or not.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Danny was obssesive with his own feelings of guilt. Which it was wrong because he wasn't responsible for Ruben's death. But he also jeopardized Rikki and Ruben's killer when he decided to go on his own instead of calling Don inmediately he realized Rikki stole his gun

Now, if Angell or Danny (According to spoilers from 5.15) decide to help her is not Stella's fault. They are adults.
    If a friend told me "Jump without a parachute from The empire State" I wouldn't be so naïve to believe i would reach the ground in one piece:lol:)

Debbie ;)

ps: PA i was talking about Mac with a whole SWAT, CSI, The Foreign Legion or whatever team dedicated to special missions (even Navy Seals could work too). I mean: two simple women. One of them went undercovered without any equipment.
    Heck! i'm absent minded sometimes but even i could notice Stella didn't have Mac's aproval :D

9. PerfectAnomaly

But again, if they don't know that Mac told Stella to leave the investigation alone it IS Stella's fault. Right now we don't know if Danny and Angell are aware Mac told Stella to back off. Even if you're an adult, you can't make an informed decision if someone fails to give you all of the facts.

ETA: It's easy to know Stella didn't have Mac's approval when we saw the scene where he told Stella to stand down. Angell wasn't privy to that conversation and she's not psychic so she'd have no way of knowing. Also they weren't there to arrest anyone so there was no need for a whole SWAT team or whatever. This was the beginning stages of the undercover plan to flush out the killer, not the swoop in and bust everyone stage. Angell and Stella wouldn't need any "special equipment" (other than the fake coin) for what they did in the episode

10. jolein

jolein Pathologist

He was grieving the death of a child,not obssed with his guilt.
    Yes,he did feel guilty because of the child was in his care.
    What was wrong was that he went alone with the guilt.
    How did he jeopardize Rikki when he went after her(and the guy wasn`t ruben`s killer,he was the guy who robbed the store) to stop her from making a mistake.
    Yes,it was wrong from him not to call anyone but it was the choice he made because he felt guilt and he didn`t want Rikki to be in jail.
    Rikki made the choice to grab his gun,to seek revenge,that was her decision and maybe she would have shot the guy but in no way is that Danny`s fault.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

It's something we will have to wait and see. I would have said Stella didn't tell Mac about her attacker's identity because the last scene from The cost of living was the stare between Stella and her Nemesis but i was wrong.

So before saying she is evil, or any horrible word you could read in other forums (I have been checking yesterday) we would have to wait and see :)

BTW I like how you are entitled to your opinion. I made a comment inside the Smacked Family Thread as well. You are far from being a SMACked shipper but you always write good reason to keep your opinions, even tough i do love my SMACked world :)

Debbie :)

ps: Jolein. You are right. It wasn't Ruben's killer. But again i do think he was obssesive feeling guilty. Of couse he was grieving but i have met many people who grieve their love ones every day (I was in my training as a Nurse so i spent a long time in the ICU and ER so you can bet i have seen that) and they don't allow themselves to do what Danny did: he almost let Rikki killed that guy! The way he talked about Ruben's death in Happily Never After (to Angell i think) showed he was obssesive with the guilt and pain

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Cops do that all the time. Confidential informants get paid to snitch on their fellow cons. Small fish get offered deals in order to catch bigger fish. Every cop that goes undercover has forged documents with their fake id's. If the operation is authorized, then using fake coins/notes/etc is allowed - Remember S1 CSI LV when treasurey agents were using fake notes to see if there was corruption in the CSI lab.

Mac, Mac, Mac. How can somebody so smart be such an idiot.
    1. going to confront the girl without backup - if she'll fake evidence, she clearly has no problem with lying to the police, and making false charges against Mac.
    2. rushing over to her apartment. If she'd been really serious about suicide then Mac would have been too late. He should have asked for the nearest patrol car to check on her.
    3. bringing her to hospital instead of calling EMT's. Funny how the episode started with somebody taking matters into their own hands instead of calling the proper authorities and then ended the same way.
    As soon as I saw the nice neat little lines on her wrist, I figured she was playing Mac. How 'convenient' that she picked a method that would give him enough time to show up - and don't get me started on the selfishness of phoning somebody to tell them you're killing yourself. Mac is too nice for his own good sometimes and it's going to bite him on the ass.

13. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Aha,thanks for the info on that.:)
    I had forgotten that LV episode,actually
    So,then the case becomes wether or not Stella is in the position to give the okay for an undercover operation.
    If she isn`t then she is in the wrong and if she is then the situation becomes different.

Eta:
    No,he didn`t let Rikki kill the guy cause he went after her as soon as he found out that Rikki took his gun,which as I said before was her choice and not his.
    The fact that he talked to Angell about Ruben,shows that he actually wasn`t obssed with grieve but that he was trying to deal with the grieve.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I just rewatched the episode and realized that I was being kind of bitter and unfair. So I need to clear up a few things:

1) In no way would it be Stella's fault if something happened to Angell. What I meant to say is that if Angell got in trouble for this if Stella didn't tell her that Mac gave a direct order, it would be Stella's fault for that, because in that scenario the only people that know Mac's opinion on the subject are Stella and Mac.
    2) I know Angell is an adult, I corrected that in Number One.
    3) Stella is awesome. I hope no one thought that I didn't believe that.

So, I realize that some of the stuff I put may have been unfair to the characters, and I apologize for that.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Ovejaras, i wasn't talking about you. I read comments on other places (tv.com for example). This is not the first time there and it's not the first time in another forum as well where Melina is bashed as well Stella is

Unfortunately there were scenes in the middle we couldn't watch as the one Stella telling Angell about Mac's direct order. So some people could assume she didn't inform Angell. I don't think that's the case here.. Yes, she is obssesive after this guy but she would never put in danger Angell's life.
    At least writers had decided to remake Season 1 that episode where Danny dissobeyed Mac's direct order and Aiden helped him despite of at the beginning she didn't know
    we will have to wait to know (as far i understand the next one to help Stella is Danny ;)

Jolein--> i do think he was obssesive feeling guilty for something he wasn't responsible for. I'm not saying he was evil and mean because he wasn't. Just obssesive

Debbie :)