Mac/Stella #14 - Cause you can't fight the inevitable!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Stepherweps, Nov 28, 2008.

?

Mac/Stella #14 -

Poll closed Nov 30, 2008.
  1. 'Cause no one can love Mac like Stella.

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. They knows what love is because of eachother.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No one can stop their love.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 'Cause they're meant to be.

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. 'Cause their kids will be gorgeous.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Good food and even greater company.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. 'Cause they wanna wear their rings in public.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. 'Cause they're immune to new love interests.

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. The way she smiles makes his heart beat faster...

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. 'Cause you can't fight the inevitable!

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Lori, Gob blessed you :D But i have good news: i coudn't resist and i went to a cibercafe to watch the episode online :D

Let's say: I didn't care about the case. I think it was just a mere excuse to continue with two previous storylines (The Greek Guy and the Psycho Chick)

I will be focused on only the most important: Mac and Stella's storylines

I don't think Ella (I agree with EyeW. It's not a coincidence her name) is suffering some kind of post trauma neurosis or something similar. I think she already has a mental illness and her father's death just it was the trigger to something quite dangerous. Are we sure it was a coincidence she met Mac at the store?? I don't think so. She doesn't look creepy. She IS creepy :D
    I don't think Mac will fall for her. He is a victim of his chicken heart. He is too human and too much good guy

Regarding Stella, as Stellarina i didn't enjoy the episode too much because she had just a few scenes. But ALL her scenes were WORTH of watching :D Loved the pairing Stella-Angell. I was the one who insisted Stella needed a female friend. Pity i thought it could be Lindsay but writers decide to keep her permanently tied to Danny or the baby now :(
    Loved that scene with the guy who had his brother in jail. It was FUN . Really! :D I love her "I can move Christmas" LOL!

I wonder when she got all her resources. Because it is obvious she has friends in high positions. Even higher than Mac. (I remember Hostage and the Security Guy)

PRICELESS: Mac's office scene

Love any single second of it. It happens when two GREAT actors share a scene together
    I laughed when Stella asked him "What's up" and Mac shut the door. Her face was hilarious as saying uh-oh i'm in trouble again :D
    The argument wasn't as terrible as i imagined. She was upset but he tried to stay calm which worsen up her mood a little more LOL. I agree with someone who said she looked hurt when she looked at him through the glass walls
    Stella couldn't express in words her frustration. Yep, it's sure she want to catch up the guy who attacked her 3 months ago but i think she wants more to make justice for those who were killed by that guy

BTW i didn't like Mac remarked "I'm your Boss" thing. He didn't do that since Season 1 :( But i have not a major problem with that considering back in S1 Stella had a chance to make the same a little later :D

But i'm afraid of future spoilers. Melina, in her latest interview, anticipated this plot even when we didn't know she taled about this. Also she mentioned not so long ago the first time she mentioned she would write an episode (I can't quote) she had this idea
    that coudl fit Stella or any other woman. Something it could happen to any woman

i'm a little worried about that. I don't want anything horrible happens to her

Debbie :D

2. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I just don't want anything bad happening between Mac and Stella. Ugh enough of the bad crap happening to Stella, first Frankie and then what??? I don't even want Mac thinking about having to fire her because she is going behind his back. I guess I am not liking this Greek storyline anymore, it is putting her in a lot of trouble.

3. CSINYGal88

CSINYGal88 Hit and Run

Well, I was an XPhile and they said the same thing about Mulder and Scully.

Oh well. I think it should happen later in the series, but not at the very end.

:)

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

we should stay positive. As Vave pointed out, it's better to have something to talk about them than have nothing at all as it was pretty common this season :(
    But i do want to know what about Melina and her contract. We know Gary has a contract until 2011 but we don't know anything about her. THAT is really scaring me!

Debbie

5. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

Can anyone find out about Melina's contract and get back to us? I need good news about this show pronto!

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

welcome to the club Mari! i need to stay still soon. I doubt she will leave the show considering she was offered to write the Season Finale, she has her name before anything else og the show (in the main credits). Besides a year ago she talked about Season 9. I don't think she is planing leaving CSI NY :D

CSI NYGal---> I think it will happen. I only know ONE poster who kept her opinion (among those who said NO)here and there and i respect that. But other posters who said "no" are fans who have expressed their lack of apreciation about Stella before so i'm not surprise they say no to Smacked too:rolleyes:

This is not the first time i meet them so it's common. Besides they are entitled to their opinions:rolleyes:

Debbie:cool:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  7. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

Hey I know they will get together :p I am just scared this season, that's all. That is because there is way too many storylines going on at once and Mac and Stella are not on good terms at the moment. We're all worried for Stella's safety and we all wish a speedy make up scene. haha

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

LOl i know, i know. I want it too. But right now everyone is talking about Mac and Stella's arguement. Which is great if we pretend they start writing episodes for them regarding their relationship.
    Next episode we will have to pay attention will be 5.15 because of many *cough the nit leaving *cough reasons :D
    Spoilers sounds promising but you never know. In special if you consider this Smacked-less season :(

Debbie :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  9. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Oh ho nice everybody calmed down a little bit. That's really good :D
    Ok where to start??
    I also think we should stay optimistic and hope for the best..yeah yeah I know EP did a lot of stupid things with mac and Stella lately (to express it kindly =)) but I also liked their fight. Smacked passion was everywhere ;) And I think it was good that Mac said he'd help her as her friend which shoes me that he really does care about her. And I also believe if Stella came in any trouble Mac would do everything to "save" her from that Gillain-whatever who is technically her boss' boss.

Now that I have Christmas break I'll have lots of time to watch season 1. Gosh I love this season especially how EP built all those different relationships. Smacked, mainly.
    So I hope, since Stella can move Christmas we'll have a Christmas episode somewhen in January :lol: **thinks extremely positive**

10. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Guys, can I just post a little reminder reminding you all to stay on topic, and of the 3 lines of ontopic posting please.

Welcome also to the new members of the family, when you get a chance, please remember to check out the shipper central rules. Which you can find here.

Thanks,
    Steph.

11. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

I'm starting to get optimistic again. And i'm starting to think it's a good thing that we won't have another epi until jan. 14, because that leaves us an entire month to daydream about the perfect make up scene.
    Obviously Mac would never want to fire Stella, and in case he was obliged to do so (by the PD chief's office or any major reason), i guess he'd rather break some rules to help her out and put his own head at stake than actually firing her (and Danny,... but he's pregnant!). But that's a situation that could end up in a nice make up scene. :)
    But then again: if the Sebastian Diakos storyline is supposed to last until the season finale, will Mac and Stella keep their argument until then?? That's a lot of episodes!

Rach

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I think that's a really good view. I am sure Mac and Stella's conflict will end and they will make up.

I haven't seen the ep, but from what I've read, I think both Mac and Stella are both right and both wrong in various ways.

Mac is wrong to criticize Stella for doing something without telling him when he did the same thing with Dobson. He must understand how it feels when there's a scumbag who appears untouchable via traditonal /approved investigative methods.
    Stella is wrong to deliberately defy Mac's orders, and to not have gone to him before this coin-scheme to ask for his help. It's good she can see shades of gray where Mac can't. But I do think Stella's getting a bit obsessed with this Greek guy, and her thing with him is becoming a vendetta. Much like Mac's vendetta against Dobson. And the thing is, in vendettas, both the 'good' and 'bad' guys tend to get hurt. We saw that with Dobson and Mac- Dobson got himself into a situation where all he could do was kill himself, and Mac broke protocol and got accused of murder. I have a feeling it's going to be worse for Stella, because the Greek man is powerful, and also he is dangerous and violent..
    Mac did the right thing being the 'boss' to Stella I think, but at the same time he should have tried to understand more where she was coming from as her friend as well. I mean, the woman was attacked by this horrible creep who is walking around completely free, and there's nothing easy she can do about it. In that respect, it's understandable why she would do this coin-plot thing. But I do think she is letting herself be blinded somewhat by her desire to take the guy down (just like Mac was with Dobson).
    But I think it's great to see Mac be the Voice of Reason for once. So I think both were right and wrong, but like you say Vave, they haven't actually done anything wrong, technically. They're basically just having a major disagreement about how a certain case should be investigated. It's a clash of attitudes towards a case. A lot like Flack and Mac last season with Dobson - and they came together in the end to get him. I think that will happen with the Greek creep. And then he better run very, very fast back to Greece - Marine Mac and Rambo Stella will be comin' for him.
    And yes, let's not get mad at Mac and Stella. It's the writers who deserve it! Let's go Rambo on 'em. Debbie, are the lions and the shark still hungry?

About the fight and conflict...well, Danny and Lindsay were 'off' for practically all of s4, and fighting at the end of it (up to 4x19) and now they're in love and having a baby. So I'm guessing Mac and Stella's conflict will last for a while, maybe up until the final eps, say around 5x17 when we know
    they are D/L's witnesses
    I think if the finale is about the Greek man, Mac will come to Stella's side to help her fight against him. Or maybe something will happen with Ella, and Stella will be at Mac's side. I also think that if Mac's superiors start going after Stella, he will defend her, even if he's still upset with her for going against him. And Adam's job is still at risk, so maybe they'll come together to save him.

But this will not be the end of Mac and Stella. I can't see Melina or Gary letting that happen, or EP even wanting to do that. All relationships go through rough periods, this is theirs. I think they will come out stronger and closer because of it. I am sure Gary and Melina are having fun screaming at each other on set.:lol:

Finally, from what I've read, there was a lot of passion/anger in the fight scene, yay!

Re the fight, I can see the other members of the team stepping in to save Mac and Stella's friendship and nicely tell both of them off for where they are wrong, while offering support and most important, urging them to make up. I can see Hawkes or maybe Angell going to Stella, and Flack going to Mac, to talk reason into both of them. Or maybe Adam will do it, he won't want to see his favourite two people fighting. He has a crush on Stella, and a man-crush on Mac.

Also, Stella may need Mac's help soon - Danny's going to be busy with daddy stuff and trying to get Lindsay to marry him (he did ask her in the ep before last, right?) and we've also heard spoilers that
    Flack might be in trouble when a suspect dies when they are alone in the interview room alone together
    so Angell might need to focus on helping him with that.

Well, we got our fight! I'm just dying for the make up scene now, and I hope TPTB don't drag it out to long. Despite my speculation about them making up by 5.17, I'd really prefer it to be sooner rather than later.

But we might get some Smacked out of this conflict, even if they aren't talking to each other for a while. Maybe they will confide in another friend (Stella in Angell and Mac in Flack for example) how bad they feel about their fight, or we'll see sad looks between them. From what I've read about the scene, it sounds like both were upset/hurt by the fight they had. That's good, it will hopefully make them make up sooner. And it proves they care about each other. If you have a fight with someone you don't care about, you don't feel sad and hurt afterwards. But when it's someone you do care about, especially if it's someone you love, then you feel hurt and sad.

So I think this fight is ultimately a good thing for Smacked (though we'll have to see what happens next, of course) and at least a fight is better than them acting like they barely know each other like they apparantly have so far.

Hehe, I think the fight very much shows what Melina was saying about Mac and Stella calling each other on their sh*t, and Mac being black and white and her being shades of gray and more prepared to stretch the rules. And how she is the yin to his yang.:adore:

I really hope we do get a Mac-saves-Stella scene later in the season.:adore: 5 years and we haven't had that. We're owed, I think!

Smacked has survived Peyton, Frankie and assorted other 'love interests', stalkers, AIDS scares, I am certain they will survive this.:) They are Marine Mac and Rambo Stella after all. Heck, I don't think even the end of the world could stop Smacked. They'll be the ones fighting off the floods/aliens/zombies/diseases whatever, side by side.:)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  13. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Gosh, the idea of th Diakos storyline going on to the season finale is not one that I'm too fond of to be quite honest... I don't really like it, but that's just me... The thing I most dislike about it is the fact that it's putting so much of a strain on Mac and Stella's relationship... I'm pretty sure that they're going to get through it, cause like you said MacsLady, they've gotten through so much together already... Although if Melina's helping to write the finale, I'm sure that's going to be awesome. :D Another storyline I don't like is what's going on between Mac and Ella... If they become romatically envolved, NY is just going to become a ridiciolous soap opera... IMHO... I'm really not liking what TPTB are doing with this seson, they're really messing it up for me... However, I'm still going to remain optomistic, atleast we've got a month to day dream about cute Smackedness... Hopefully TPTB will gain some inspiration over the break...

14. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

That kind of situation is within my expectations too. :)
    As i said before, i'd luv to see Mac and Flack having a conversation about Stella and Angell and vice-versa. :drool: I ship both smacked and Flack/Angell, i think Flack and Angell relationship is a bit like Mac/Stella (but Mac/Stella is much stronger). So i believe if a Mac/Flack and Stella/Angell advising each other could be fun. And revealing. ;) What if Mac gave Stella a "Thanks" kiss like Flack/Angell... hmmmm :drool:

And to whoever said they needed a "slap upside the head":
    *storms out of the room and calls Gibbs* ;)
    (btw, Mac and Gibbs should definetely meet one of these days. they have a lot in common)

Well said MacsLady!!

I'd say your words above would be the perfect intro for the first post of the "Mac/Stella #15" thread when it's time. :)

15. VaveAma92

VaveAma92 Police Officer

I think we are all over reacting in a way. We can finish venting, but then we need to stop. Most of us wanted a fight. And we got one. A make-up is soon to come! Besides Melina will directing an episode (as said in TV guide) and so you know that Mac and Stella can't be on bad terms forever. They both have strong ambitions and personalities so the butting of heads can't be ignored. The fight was on good terms and the only thing that either had done wrong was Stella disobeying Mac. The fight was on good terms not something stupid which is a really good sign. I don't want Ella, but that girl has been through a ton of crap. Her parents (the two people who were supposed to love her) are gone. Mac steps in (unknown to him) and hey, I've had a crush on him for a looong time.:p Stella doesn't need to feel threatened. And I don't think we need to worry.

:scream::scream::scream:It's only mid-season finale!!!:scream::scream::scream:

I want my optimistic home back.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.