Episode 7x11 - 'Tipping Point' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 12, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, here's my review as I wrote while watching:

First scene: Ouch! That poor man. What a horrible way to die!

Didn't the spoilers say the funeral director was holding a woman's son's body? But, it was a daughter. Weird.

Hehe Valera taught Ryan something he didn't know. Fresh water degrades DNA more than salt water does. "I'm glad you read that report." :lol: That scene was too cute. Loved that she expected Ryan to tell her about the necklace. :)

I like Ryan's tie and shirt, but the two do not go together. :lol: A blue tie with an orange shirt? No... not unless its a school uniform and your team's colors are orange and blue. :lol: But, he looked hot nonetheless. :)

Loved his scene with Horatio where he was pointing the gun at the suspect. Ryan looked exceptionally hot in that scene (not that he doesn't always look good), but there was something about the way he was holding and pointing that gun in that scene that made me :drool:

:lol: at Natalia with the funeral director. You go, girl!

Dumb kid, playing with a gun! Thank goodness he didn't hurt himself.

Okay, Freddie killed the Rev to get back in a gang?

I want one of those Robo-cams like Eric was using. That thing is neat and he (yes, I'm calling it a he) is kind of cute too. :lol:

Would have been more effective if they'd gone to commercial after the house blew up and left you wondering if Horatio got out.

Poor Hector. At least he died trying to do the right thing.

I'm shocked that Natalia had like six scenes. That's gotta be a record. I don't think she's ever had that many scenes in one ep unless it was the one where Nick died.

A little disappointed that Ryan only had three scenes, but one of those scenes was a really cute one with Valera, so I'll let it slide. :D

2. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Overall, it was better than I anticipated b/c the promos didn't look that exciting. Glad they gave Natalia something to chew on, too bad they didn't dig a little more into that storyline with the funeral director, they kinda brought it up and left it. OMG, I was shocked too that Calleigh and Horatio shared a scene where they actually exchanged dialogue and made eye contact!

But why did they make H to the rescue again? Can't they mix it up a bit? I agree, too bad they killed off Hector, I was cheering for him.

Nice scene btw Ryan and Valera, way to go girl! And Valera's hair, did she cut it again? It seems even shorter since the last episode?

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I noticed that too but thought I was imagining it. The last ep she was in her hair seemed to be the same length on both sides again (unlike shorter on one side like earlier eps this season) yet this one was back to the shorter on one side thing again. I'm thinking that maybe this episode was filmed before the one where her hair was longer. :lol: they just aired them out of order for some reason. I guess they wanted to get Delko's story arc aired before the New Year, so they had to air both of those parts back to back and that pushed Tipping Point into being aired this week instead of before. That's my best guess anyway.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Though some scenes reminded me som sad momnts (they looked like copies) in the past I have to say that I kinda enjoyed this episode.

Natalia was just brilliant and I loved the fact they finally gave her a storyline. Though this one would have been perfect for Calleigh also because we already saw her in a situation like this, I was glad they gave it to Natalia 'cause it was time to see what we saw in this episode ;).
    Loved when she pretended to be a widow with the funeral director. Loved the director when he gave her the handkerchief and loved her when she blew her nose. It reminded me of Eva in "All My Children".
    The ending scene well it wasn't nothing orginal since Calleigh already went to lots of funerals like this, but OMG I just loved this scene. Plus the song suited perfectly.
    I think this was one of the best endings ever. I love this kind of scenes 'cause we have to see the real reaction of our CSIs (especially the women) as human being, not just as cops.
    The funeral, in itself, wasn't nothing new especially how the scene was shot ("Death Grip" and "Death Eminent" were kinda the same since the CSIs who went to those funerals were involved in the case as they helped the relatives), but oh gosh I cried too much, I think Natalia and the family were the main reasons for it, all combined with the music.

Oh I was so glad that Frank was working with Natalia.

The child oh gosh I'm sure he's the one from "My Wife and Kids", he was the "boyfriend" of the little girl :lol:. He always cracked me up in that show and I have to say that at the begging of this episode he was just tender. Then he was completely dumb :rolleyes:. But hey he's such a good actor.

Hector...when he died he reminded me too much of Speedle's death, it was practically the same scene with another actor instead of Rory Cochrane, though I loved it also because it was the beginning of the last scenes.

Ryan and Valera, well I was just glad they had a scene like this together. It's always fun when a lab rats teaches something to our CSIs.

Calleigh and Horatio in a scene together and talking :eek:. Ok it wasn't that shocking but still.

Calleigh was anonymous in this episode, guess it was ok since it's not CSI: Duquesne and, seriously, I enjoyed Natalia's case so much that I didn't want too much of Cal:p

Too bad H & Delko saved the day with the bomb scene. I won't say anythig about that cam 'cuase it's not on "Minoriry Report" or "Matrix" this show.

Overall not bad:thumbsup:

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yes because that would have been a huge mystery. Does H get out? :lol:

When she started pretending to cry, I though "I bet that's her soap opera acting coming in handy." :p

6. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

Was it just me or did Natalia's hair seem darker? I thought it was lighter before..with maybe highlights in it? Or maybe the style was different..something was..just can't put my finger on it..

All it all a pretty good ep...I had to turn off the begining though when they were drilling...I knew what was gonna happen & couldn't watch..

Wasn't overly fond of the Super H rescue... Eric get's knocked on his butt by the blast but H remains standing..with hardly a hair out of place...oh well...

7. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I found it kind of funny that the force of the bomb knocked Delko on his butt. But, H is still standing....with the extra weight of the girl in his arms....and he was running...
    It's a bird....it's a plane....it's Super H! ;)

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

LMAO :guffaw:

Not even a fused alloy bullet can stop him!

I do think that Super H will start to crumble, I mean seriously how many people around you have to die for it to start to affect you? :confused:

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Ryan in Auburn colors....sigh...

So..who wanted to cry at the end? Me! It was sad, but there was nice parts too. What's the name of that song they played?

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Lots of good things about this epi, but still not enough for me.

I loved the Natalia stuff, but I agree with the above posters - it was just sorta short & sweet - geee TPTB couldn't cut a few other meaningless scenes to delve a little more into it?!? :rolleyes: It was still good though. I loved her pulling off the fake tears :lol: that was awesome!
    I really hope this was something that will come out later with her, & hopefully next time it will be more personal & hit her closer to home. ;)

The ending was superb (especially Nat at the funeral), but again, I would've enjoyed it much more if the entire team had been there helping rebuild that home....& uh, didn't it blow to pieces?:confused:
    Aw well, I did like Natalia there with her comment to Horatio in the end. Of course I giggled like crazy that Nat went on to help inside the house & H was just standing there holding his precious sunnies :lol: Damn, give the man a paint brush, please!!

That said, let me start on SuperH. I love the man, really I do, but is he dark or is he still this great hero that always saves the day - make up your minds, PTB!
    The "dying Hector" scene was nice with the flashbacks & all, but I could've done without him running from the explosion without a scratch.
    When you know that nothing is going to happen to the man it really doesn't pull off any shock. It would've been more fun had it been a different CSI.

Overall, it was pretty good, though the team interaction was still a bit off in my opinion. :)

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

muahahahaha this thing cracked me up :guffaw:. Seriously, there was no worst scene possible.

Exactly they could have avoided that stupid explosion (considering that it didn't destroy the house as we saw at the end) in order to give a little bit more to Natalia, but, still I found it good, just because they gave her something.

As for the ending yeah I don't understand why it was just Natalia & H at that house. I mean it was a case for everybody not just for Natalia (well...plus she didn't investigate on it, at all. So she was the only one who shouldn't have been there:lol:). I do think it would have been nice, if it had been the whole team helping.Though Natalia helping & H standing was just hilarious.

I still think that the bomb scene was just useless for the episode, in itself. It was one of the wors scene I've ever seen:lol:

Well except for a little bit of Ryan & Valera and Frank & Natalia, we didn't have a real team interaction. Everyone was doing their job with no real interaction. I mean the discussions were all about the case and gosh there was no emotions, practically.
    I have to say that Calleigh seemed a lab rat, she didn't do and say anything peculiar. Same thing for Eric.
    This episode was the complete opposite of the last one.

Another thing I didn' mention before was "where the hell was Erica Sikes????"
    Gosh I was so disappointed I didn't see her:p
    Now I'm having dooubts on Khandi's return :lol:

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The team dynamics does continue to be a problem.If they all just sat down together for once to discuss a case it would help,and it would be nice to see all of them in the same scene.Them discussing the case would also help decrease the feeling of everyone doing their own thing.
    As far as Erica and the spoiler,my attitude is I'll believe it when I see it.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I didn't particularly enjoy this episode. It was kind of... blah for me.
    Things I did like:

-Lots of Frank :)
    -Natalia's storyline (her hair did look darker)
    -Valera :thumbsup:
    -Eric's little spy thingy :)
    -The beginning sequence

Things I did not like:

-The case was kind of boring
    -No Erica :wtf:
    -Super H, super H, super H... big explosion, Eric was further away and fell down, Horatio.... not a scratch :rolleyes:.
    -The whole team should've been at the end helping out with the house.
    -Ryan's shirt :wtf:

I agree. We need to see them all together sitting around a table having a case discussion. They work together, they are a team... it's NOT that hard.

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Exactly, they do in that in LV. But just b/c these shows are all part of a franchise, doesn't mean they will do the same things. They HAVE to be different or they would simply be carbon copies. I'm not saying that them sitting at table discussing the case would make them a carbon copy of LV but the fact that they DON'T sit around a table is what makes Miami, Miami!

Miami has always been more about the action, so sitting around a table just isn't their style.

I gotta say whoever put out the casting notes on the show must feel like an idiot considering Erica was no where to be seen!! I mean that is a really big oops! ;)

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

True,but an occasional scene with them dicussing a case isn't out of hand.There must be something that could improve team dynamics.You can still have action and an occasional discussion.I do think there have been attempts this season for improvement.Whatever is needed just hasn't been hit on yet.