Episode 7x11 - 'Tipping Point' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 12, 2008.

1. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

god why do they promise us untrue things?

let's hope she's in the next one and that they screwed it up, i highly doubt it though

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

maybe they cut her scenes.

3. gottaluvcsi

yeah, i thought about that, but i don't understand why they would. after all she was a recurring character and played quite important roles in s4

4. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Erika was supposed to be in this episode? Hm...tells you how much I know.

I know how you feel texmex, I kind of liked Hector. I cried a little inside when he died. Okay, not really, but it was super sad. :( Selena is one of my favorite movies.

That kid with the gun just about scared me to death. I though he'd shot himself! Thank goodness he didn't.
    Horatio with the bomb had me worried too. I just kept thinking "Stop taking the ropes off of the girl, just grab her and run!" But of course Horatio can't die or get hurt, he's invincible. Still makes me nervous though.

And I can now officially add "getting drilled to death by an auger" to my list of highly undesirable deaths.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Now I'll doubt everything I've read about other upcoming episodes also.
    I'll take the attitude of ,I'll believe it when I see it.
    I was so looking forward to seeing Erika and her interaction with the team.

6. gottaluvcsi

yeah, a good ole' i haven't seen you in a couple of years would have been quite nice if you know what i mean, even though i doubt those would be the exact words. they would probably be "what are you doing here?" since of a the ruckus she's risen

7. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I know I love Jon Seda. I've been watching him on Homicide 'Life on the streets' he's a great actor. I'm just glad they didn't make him out to be a bad guy, oh wait they did, but in the end he was good :thumbsup:

I was very happy not to see Erica show up, hahaha they cut her scene. Seems like the cut a lot of Ryan's scenes too. Maybe all his scenes was w/ her. :( Sry for those who like her, I don't. I never did, she did nothing but cause problems for Ryan and even Delko.

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I loved him in that. That movie always makes me cry.

Anyway, I know Horotio's job has to be getting to him. Did you see the look on his face when Hector died? Superhero's have to crack eventually.

Ryan & Valera....that was funny.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Couldn't agree more about Erica. She caused probs for Nat too when she announced that it was Nat's sis who was kidnapped. I'm glad she wasn't in this ep. I didn't watch the ep when it was on (recorded it though) cause I was afraid of what kind of trouble they'd have her make for Ry. But are you saying Ryan wasn't in the ep much either? I don't recall even seeing him in the promo, so it's not that surprising. :sigh:

They had a scene together? Woo-hoo... might have to watch it as soon as my dinner gets done. :lol:

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's not that I liked Erika(or Erica)I was just interested really in why she was back,and as I said her interaction with the team.Maybe see her paid back so to speak for her behavior in earlier episodes.You are probably right about the cut scenes.Actually I was kind of glad she gave Delko a hard time because he gave Ryan such a hard time about Erica.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I did love the scene where Eric and Ryan were talking about her and Eric said something about how much trouble she was and Ryan said, "I tried to tell you!" :lol: That was funny.

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I totally forgot Erica was supposed to be in this episode. Not much of a loss though because I enjoyed this one a lot.

Aw I'm so bummed that Hector had to die. Just once they had a gang member who wanted to help and seemed to really have been reformed but they had to go à la Speedle and have him die in front of Horatio...that particular type of death seems to happen a lot around him.

The end was great and the last line was the perfect way to end the episode before the hiatus. :)

Also, Natalia's case B was good too though I would have liked it to last a little longer. I wonder why that funeral director was so crooked. Well, crooked people are crooked people but could he have been doing this to other people as well? Was there maybe more to it? Would have been neat if there was more time and they were able to delve into that as a full blown case B.

I wanted to slap the kid who had the gun. He could have blown off his head, pointing a loaded weapon at it. :rolleyes: Well, intelligence seems to be lost on some but I'll forgive him because kids are dumb it was a way to forward the story.

And I counted as the timer was ticking. They gave H an extra 3 seconds. :p Pfft.

Calleigh and Horatio had a scene together!

Ryan needs to be in more scenes, minus the bright orange dress shirt. Just didn't dig it on him, sorry. :/

Overall, really good episode. :) The opening sequence was even pretty good and quite suspensful. :eek: Oh that poor man, that must have hurt.

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I was slightly disappointed when Erica didn't show up, but after watching all of the names at the bottom of the screen and not seeing Amy Laughlin come up, I knew she wouldn't be there.

Other than that one little disappointment, oh my God, I loved it! :lol:

I loved that Natalia had a big part in this episode. I loved how she pretended to cry when she was talking to the funeral director. :lol: I really liked how she felt really bad for the mother, Frank was trying to tell her they couldn't help, but when the boy came out she said "Can't we work both?"

Even though I love Ryan, I didn't mind that he didn't have a lot of time in this episode. They're doing a good job of dividing up the time on screen this season, and I think he's had plenty in the last few episodes compared to Natalia or Frank. So I liked that he had less and they had more tonight. I suppose I'm getting used to Ryan's really bad shirts, because it was easier to ignore tonight. :p

Horatio really must be tired of people dying on him. The poor guy. I almost cried for him when Hector died.

I cringed when the drill thing went into the guy at the beginning. >.< I actually thought they were going to stop before it hit him.

Best. Ending. Ever. The only other endings I remember that I liked as much as this one were from Rock and a Hard Place, and Death Pool 100. I just love the heartfelt endings, with the team. And even though it wasn't the whole team, it was H and Natalia, a weird combination but I think having her with him at the end shows they're all still close, even if it's not shown a lot.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  14. GregNickRyanFan

Ryan was wearing orange again? :lol: I like orange on him (actually I like pretty much any color on him).

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ditto, I think he has looked great in everything.

I didn't mind so much either.There does seem to be a better division of screen time now and it sounds as if Ryan does have a storyline coming up.We aren't seeing the same few on the screen all the time.