CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

According to the review for "DOA for a Day" (which I trust ;)), Jordan was "the mayor's criminal justice coordinator" - so this is an entirely different job. It would be interesting if they brought Jordan back since the mayor could be there (I assume?), but I'm not holding my breath for that kind of continuity.

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

So does this mean everyone on "The team" are going to "Scrub themselves up" and put on there "Sunday best" and be like Cinderella and head to the ball?

3. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

exactly my question too. lol. awesome spoilers! finally some good scoop besides the danny-lindsay stuff. :)

4. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Thanks Fay for the new spoilers.
    It`s nice to see something that isn`t D/L.

I`m really curious to see how the whole Hawkes storyline is going cause it is about time he gets some meaty storylines.

As much as I like Stella,I just don`t like the sound of her storyline.
    It sounds like something which is done over and over again,getting attacked,not been able to get criminal cause he has immunity etc.
    I would rather have seen her get help from the embassy people for once then to be attacked by them.

5. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

:cool: I'm definitely going to be disappointed if we don't see the whole gang dressed up :lol: .. that line could of course mean that after the mayor assistant gets killed the team goes there to investigate. Which btw would be soooo booring, after the idea of the-team-dressed-up.

Yay, Sheldon getting more screentime! Does anybody know what is the ep when this Hawkes' ex-girlfriend-thing happens? I have somehow missed it completely, and I can't seem to find it (I'm sure that it has been said somewhere, but I'm constantly passing it o_O )

6. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Finally, some spoilers that I find worth commenting on and getting excited about!!! Thanks Faylinn, for bringing that tidbit over and reminding us that it hasn't completely turned into The Trials and Tribulations of Danny and the Girl from Montaaa-na (and Baby Makes Three!) :vulcan: (Yeesh, reading Pam Veasay's laughable spin, methinks she's turning into the Carol Mendellsohn of CSI NY. And here, I didn't think anyone else could be that bad. Tsk. :rolleyes: ) IMO, of course. No offense intended. (And Elwood, kudos for the smashing satire!! :thumbsup: )

I'm so excited about Hawkes getting a storyline - and a meaty one, at that! Not only do we get to meet his ex and glean a bit of background history on the sexy Doc, but an entire case will be built around it, Yay!! :thumbsup: (And I have high hopes of seeing Doc Hawkes, along with several of his colleagues, all gussied up for this one!)

I'm looking forward to the entire Stella/Greek Consulate storyline too, but it was initially with a wee bit of trepidation. Stella's storylines have tended to start strong and end up degenerating into major soap territory, IMO, and I think she's a much stronger, worthier character than that. I'm glad that Melina has had a major hand in developing this one though, particularly since she is so protective of her character. Like many posters have mentioned here, I'm wondering what, if any, sort of ramifications this will have for Stella, Danny and whoever becomes involved. Intriguing stuff, and probably very rewarding for Melina to see something she worked so hard on, coming to fruition! Good for her! :)

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, it's from 5.12 - "Help". Here's the information from the Just the Facts thread.

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

9. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ I was just reading the transcript on LJ. I think it's for the better, with Danny confessing his love, proposing and an eventual marriage, her return would've had absolutely no purpose. She could've either caused tension again when Lindsay, in some way, found out that she was the one Danny had been sleeping with, or she could've come back to learn that Danny is about to become a dad, and confronting her with that news would imo have been like throwing salt on an open wound.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, not exactly a shocker--wouldn't want Rikki coming in and reminding viewers that Danny was not so into Lindsay not so long ago. ;) It's too bad--I think if Anna's pregnancy hadn't caused a total change in the storyline, we could have had a much more interesting, richer story this season--the one the writers originally planned. Ah, well. The only good thing is that this means we probably won't get Lindsay histrionics when confronted with the woman her man slept with before knocking her up. :lol: I was so afraid that revelation was going to be what sent Lindsay running--once again *yawn*--forcing Danny to chase her--once again *yawn*.

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^^ I must admit that I can't help but be intrigued as to what exactly they DID have planned for Rikki's return. It makes sense not to bring her back at this point though, but I do wonder what tptb had up their sleeves.

I wonder if the spoilers we've had so far and the news that Rikki won't be coming back might mean that tptb have had enough of the D/L drama and back and forthing. Maybe they actually do intend to have them settle and fade into the background a little. Admittedly it won't likely be for long if they do.

On another note I can't wait for the Hawkes heavy episode, I think it's going to reveal a lot about him as a person. Am I right in thinking he was dating this woman when she was raped? It has interesting potential in terms of Hawkes' character development that's for sure. :)

12. Top41

Yeah, I'm curious as to the original plan, too. I'd love to know what it was.

I think TPTB probably want to solidify Danny and Lindsay as a couple for now since they're having a kid. I think the whole getting married thing is rushed and reflects a conservatism from network TV, but if that's the direction they're headed in, the conflict will probably come from elsewhere, at least for a while.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a storyline with potential! I'm excited to see it unfold.

13. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Actually these spoilers give me the best hope I've had in years that Anna Belknap will be leaving the show. She scaled back her working time for her first child and she's not exactly going to have more time with two munchkins running around her feet.
    Character wise it makes sense as well if they do have Danny and Lindsay getting married they can't work together and if they're going to get one of them gone, it ain't gonna be Danny. I suppose they could split the shifts like they did in LV but that would also revamp the show to an extent that I'm not certain they want to do.
    Just a thought, no concrete evidence.
    I will say that if Anna leaves (finally, please TPTB) I might start watching more regularly. They'd still have to increase the quality of the stories.

14. Top41

Jaer, it's so good to see you posting again! :D

I have to say, the thought crossed my mind that it seems like a happy ending is being rushed for these two. If Danny and Lindsay get married and have the baby and all is happy and good and then Lindsay dies/gets killed...well, that would be major drama for Danny. If Anna told them that this is her last season, that could be the reason behind the rushed happy ending.

That being said, I unfortunately wouldn't count on it. One can always hope, though... ;)

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I'm not surprised that Rikki is no longer returning but I am a little disappointed. Personally I found the whole D/R dynamic more interesting than D/L, which IMO is turning into a very conventional storyline that I have seen a thousand times and doesn't really offer anything new.

The Hawkes storyline definately has me intrigued tho! Hawkes perception of the case and his ability to handle it, having had such an intimate relationship with the victim will be very interesting indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.