Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Maybe Flack could accidently walk in on Danny in the shower :devil:

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oh no, it's the Purple Sailor Hat of Doom!!! :eek: Where's Fay??? :lol:

If by 'accidentally' you mean 'on purpose, with the intention of showing Danny who he really belongs to with a good, long, hard [CENSORED BY THE PG-13-O-METER]' then, yes. :devil:

Look at that--the Meter is still around! :eek: :lol:

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Filth. Pure filth. It's a good job that meter is still around. :devil: :lol:

Although, I think I could manage to appreciate a scene such as that. :devil:

4. Top41

:lol:

And me, too. The two of them in the shower, together, doing things the Meter won't let me speak of would certainly steam things up. :drool: :devil: ;)

It's been a while since we've talked about the shower scene. I've missed those in depth, piercing discussions! :devil:

5. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Stupid Meter. Although my imagination more than makes up for the Meter's censorship. :devil:

So the Danny-love isn't as voracious as it used to be? Yes, it definitely sounds like TPTB need to rev it back up with a delicious shower scene. I agree with the above poster that they have the perfect opening with the whole D/L drama, so he can take a shower to de-stress. Mmmmmm.

6. Top41

Yeah, I don't know why the Danny love has kind of died around here; it seems like Flack and Mac are much more popular these days. Does anyone have any theories? Is it Lindsay? The fact that the character has been watered down a bit? The lack of glasses (although the disinterest seems to precede that)? What do you guys think?

7. BittenByTheWolfe

Well I know the big thing that turned me off, and thus why I left the boards for a while was because I couldn't stand the D/L stuff. I have better things to do with an hour on Wednesday nights than watch something I'm not interested in.

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Well Danny is definately my fav and always has been. He is becoming/has become too tied to Lindsay (my least fav), which does him no favours in my opinion and does kinda water down his character somewhat. Although he recent interactions with Flack have been brilliant, so I prescribe more D/F and less D/L!

As a relative newbie round here I've often wondered why flack and mac both have 2 threads - one for Flack and one for Eddie, similarly one for Mac and one for Gary and poor Carmine/Danny has just one?

9. Top41

Yeah, I think that certainly hasn't helped matters. I don't object to seeing Danny in love, but it should have been with someone who was much more dynamic than Lindsay is, someone who brings out a more interesting side of him. Instead it's just back and forth between the two; they're always fighting, she's always upset with him, one is always pushing the other one away. That's not fun to watch. Not to mention, they generate zero heat together. Danny should be in a passionate relationship with someone, but the pairing with Lindsay is much more of a wet noodle. I think that's actually killed some of the character's sex appeal.

Danny and Flack's interactions are hilarious and fun! I love seeing the two work together and tease each other. The more Danny and Flack together, the better. I have been enjoying that this season.

Initially that was actually because, like Bitten said, there were too many threads for Carmine back in the early days of the show. One would pop up for every random little movie he'd done, his glasses, etc. So we consolidated the threads into one Locker Room thread. Now the reason there's only one is because there just isn't enough discussion to warrant two.

The other two have two threads each because one is devoted to the character, the other to the actor and his body of work outside CSI: NY. In Gary's case, that's an extensive body of work, so he really warrants two threads. Eddie's had quite a few roles, too, including some very high profile gigs (Friends, Miracle, Sex and the City). The other characters--Stella, Hawkes, Adam, Lindsay (unless you count the "Why Lindsay Must Go" thread :devil: ) only have one each.

ETA: There have also been other threads for Carmine, like one devoted to his band Ceesau, too, but they've since fallen off the main pages because no one has posted in them recently.

10. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Just a random thought....
    If you were Carmine or hell any actor from a TV show, wouldn't you love to come on one of these forums and see what people are writing about you, or would you find it too weird?
    I cant decide.

11. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Well most actors/actresess ususally don't care about press, and anything involving their work, or other opinions.

If it were me personally, I think I would be curious. Although having spent much time here, seeing what you write your "M" rated comments/and what not. It would be really weird.

The other thing is - I would care about what people thought of my work be it a film/ or show, what they think of it, if they responded well. As an "artist"/ or actor the biggest reward is when you get a positive responce from viewers to a character or a story.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was never one to get really naughty, but I think with Danny/Carmine it's a combination of things. The people who don't like Lindsay and DL have mentioned that Danny being neutered to try and make her character more palatable is a big part of the reason as is Carmine having scenes with Anna that are just hard to take because of her vortex of suckage.

Now that we know the Ruben/Rikki story line has fallen into the dreaded BHC for good and he's going to be eternally tied to Lindsay it's hard to get excited about anything Danny related. Carmine is still a great actor, but when the material isn't there it's hard to get excited and talk about his performances and the character development because it's always prefaced or followed up with something negative (the story line, the dialogue, Anna Belknap's acting, Danny acting ridiculously OOC, etc).

As for his looks I still think Carmine's hot but there's only so many times I can say it or squee - or in a few cases recoil in horror - over the same 10 pictures. That got old pretty fast for me.

Don't even get me started on the glasses . . .

13. BittenByTheWolfe

No kidding. I don't object to Danny having some sort of relationship and, unlike some people who are purists and think the CSI shows shouldn't show any part of the characters' personal lives, I do have a bit of interest in the characters outside their jobs. But Danny's relationship, no matter who it's with, should definitely have more scope than the relationship he has with Lindsay. Take Det. Maka for instance, he had an enormous amount of chemistry with her and there was an added *zing* to their interactions that made those scenes interesting on several levels, not just the level of whatever case they're working on.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*blinks* I feel as though this place is familiar somehow... :p

I haven't been in here in ages, and I come back to find THE PURPLE SAILOR HAT OF DOOOM! The evil has been kept alive in my absence, it seems - now where's 1CSIMfan with the mullet picture? :devil: It's good to see the Meter getting to dust off the cobwebs and get back into action - well, good for the Meter, bad for us. :(

To respond to a current question:

I've lost some interest in Danny as his character seemed more and more tied down to a single, not-very-interesting (IMO) storyline (Lindsay and the baby). Meanwhile, other characters (specifically Adam, in my case) became far more interesting because it seems like they're getting more options as time goes on rather than less. I don't know what's coming up for Adam (although they did give him a pretty juicy longterm story arc with this budget situation - albeit a story they forget about for weeks at a time), but I can pretty much guess everything Danny ever does is going to come right back to Lindsay. *yawn* It doesn't make me very excited about the character.

15. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Danny Messer has become a very dull boy as of late. The last time I was really, truly excited about him was probably around the Run Silent, Run Deep era. And I might have enjoyed Snow Day a little bit... :)

Since then though, it's been a giant snooze fest. He's still got his little one line zingers and appears to be tight with Flack and they have their moments, but Danny alone is BOOORRRRING.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.