CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

Hey, Top.
    Yeah, I lurk to see if the show's quality has improved. Which I think in many ways it has. The D/L not being one at all. From a writer's stand point I was trying to get inside the heads of the writers to figure out why they were rushing things so much when the policy is usually milk that cow for all it's worth (we say things like this in Montana. Not that I'm from Montana, ;)). Going the whole soap opera route, pop the question in a couple of episodes rather than play out the story line... just had me wondering.
    Oh, I meant to mention as well...Hawkes was moved from the morgue to a CSI but we never really saw him because we had Lindsay there to do the grunt work. Now we're seeing more Hawkes...OMG!! Really? :eek: ...and less Lindsay. Gotta be a correlation there.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Glad you've been lurking. :D Some things definitely are better. I do think the fact that there's been less Lindsay in seasons four and five has been a very good thing for the show. The character really has been reduced to being Danny's love interest, in between a little lab work as well. It's nice to see Hill finally getting his due and getting some good storylines. It really is a shame that we never got to see Hawkes' transition from the morgue to the lab, but I'm glad to see him getting stuff to work with now.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*gives Jaer cookies* I remember the good old days when you were a regular, m'dear. *sighs wistfully* I'm glad you've been lurking, though. ;)

I'm not surprised that Rikki isn't returning - if we needed any more proof that things have been radically changed from TPTB's original plans, this confirms it. I, like the rest of y'all, am curious what they were originally planning - but I guess we'll never know. As a fan of Rikki and the possibilities from that storyline, I'm disappointed that she won't be back - but given the ridiculous spin they put on it all in retrospect in "The Box", and the earlier comment that Rikki would have to come back when she could be "happy" for Danny, it's for the best that they just leave well enough alone and not bring her back just to screw it up even more. Jacqueline is great - maybe I'll see her pop up on another of my shows. That would be awesome. :)

Yes, I believe they were together when she was raped - this looks like it's going to be a really good episode for Hawkes. I think we'll see him throughout the episode on a personal level rather than professional - given Mac's shit-flippage when Sheldon had spoken to the dead girl once in "Murder Sings the Blues", I'm guessing he'll be off this case once they figure out the connection to his ex-girlfriend.

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I'm not so sure about that. Lots of women have two or more children and still manage to work a reasonable number of hours a week. I can imagine that she might consider requesting a change of her schedule and perhaps we'll see less of her than we do now, but I do hope she sticks around.:)

Well, if (and I really like that idea) they bring characters like Angell in as regulars I don't have a problem with splitting them up in two shifts. That way Danny and Lindsay can work different hours and it perhaps gives the show a new angle.

I think Danny has already had more than enough drama to last him a life time. Even IF Anna decides to leave the show I still do not see why she has to die, she can just quit her job and decide to be a stay-at-home mom; best thing about that is that it does not make it impossible for her to return every once in a while.

I'm also rather looking forward to the Hawkes centered episode. Sounds like an emotional one.

5. Faylinn

It's an idea - but it could also be a major format change, and I'm not sure they'd go there five years into an established series. They'd presumably limit which characters worked with which other characters since they'd have definite shifts - as it is now, they mention the characters working whatever shift is convenient (day or night or triple, whichever fits :p) and they all work with each other at different points. It would suck if, say, Hawkes never worked with Stella because they were on different shifts. The show would lose some of the interesting dynamics at their disposal (aside from perhaps a random passing-by-in-the-lab scene from time to time) if they had to limit things to two distinct shifts.

I dunno, I don't see them doing that (especially given that they had the whole different-shifts thing going on the original CSI for a while and I'm not sure it was extremely successful for the show) - but I don't see Anna leaving either. Much as I'd be glad to see the character gone, I'm resigned to the fact that we're stuck with her for the long haul. (Although a more limited presence on the show would be preferable IMO.)

Besides, this is CSI:NY - if they want to have Danny and Lindsay working together in every episode despite having a kid and/or being married, they'll just do it and say to hell with logic and rules.

6. Top41

True, and the reality is she's got it made. A job that's flexible and works around her pregnancies (legally, they have to, but it sounds like she wanted the pregnancy written in this time and got them to do that...which they didn't have to do) and allows her to work part time. Personally, I think the show would be better off without her, but I don't think she's going to be going anywhere.

I could see Mac maybe not letting them work together for a while, but if he hasn't had a problem thus far, I don't expect anything to change. NY doesn't seem to have the same problems Vegas and Miami have with co-workers dating. I actually think that's a good thing--I hate when they trot that out. As long as it doesn't interfere with their work (although it has a bit, in Lindsay's case), it should be okay.

But...but...he hasn't gotten amnesia! Or been raped by a diabolical suspect! Or kidnapped by a serial killer! I want more Danny-drama! :scream: :lol:

Yes, I'm shameless. I love Danny drama. :eek:

Dramatically, I think killing her off would be more dynamic, but I guess she could quit the lab and still be married to Danny and pop up now and then. I guess it would depend on which way the writers wanted to go with it.

7. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I don't think there's anything to suggest she 'got' them to change anything. We don't know where the initial suggestion came from but I'd say there's evidence to suggest tptb were interested in this storyline all the way back when she was pegnant the first time. I certainly don't think Anna 'got' them to do anything they didn't want. :)

8. Top41

You're right--bad wording. We don't know what went on behind the scenes with either pregnancy. I don't think they were interested in this storyline back when she was pregnant the first time--I suspect that there's always discussion each time an actress is pregnant as to whether to write it in or not. If they'd written in her first pregnancy, someone other than Danny might have been the father. ;)

I don't think Anna got them to do anything, but her pregnancy was something they had to deal with and very clearly radically changed the course of what was originally intended for the season.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm with the people who have mixed feelings about the news. I am disappointed because there was so much potential for Danny and Rikki (regardless of any romance) as characters dealing with the ongoing grief and guilt that should be associated with the death of a child. But I'm happy they're not bringing Rikki back just to wave the DL and little Dindsay Dantana Messer-Monroe flag. That's just a further insult to an actress and character who are worth much more.

I think it's really sad that this story line that was supposed to be so atypical is turning out to be as typical as it gets. I assume from the TV Guide article that Lindsay turns down the proposal, but I'm expecting TPTB to hammer home the point that DL will "do the right thing" before DDM-M is born. I just remembered that Veasey already "promised" they'll get hitched. Nothing like taking away any hope of something atypical happening. Oh wait. The atypical part must be that they won't have a big, fancy, church, white dress shot-gun wedding. :rolleyes:

If Anna were to leave the show (and I'm not suggesting she is) I think it would be best to have a finality to it. I don't like the idea of Danny being tied to Lindsay even after she's left the show. :rolleyes:

And since TPTB doesn't dwell on a person's death (the Ruben story line being completely "over" according to Lenkov even though Danny's going to be a father) Danny wouldn't have to be affected/effected/whateverected by her being gone for more than a couple of episodes and then he'd be good to move on. :D

10. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

an anyone post the link to the CTV promo for tomorrows eppie? Someone on another thread said it was out but they could not get the link up. Thanks

11. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I don't think Danny ever really "gets away" with things. When he goes against Mac's advice in the living statue case in s1 and with the Minhas ordeal, he was taken off the promotion grid and got the verbal Mac smackdown. Stella, Flack, Adam, Hawkes--they've all gotten it before (save for Lindsay....but thats for another thread:rolleyes:).

I agree that Adam would probably be involved in Stella's ordeal with the Greek man, since Adam will most likely walk through fire for her either way:lol:, and it would be interesting to see how he handles it, especially with his upcoming termination.

12. Faylinn

Perhaps some good news for those of us who like Adam and Stella, but not that much. ;)

From Mega Buzz

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

What are these "only in New York stories" of which they speak? :confused: :wtf:

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Indeed, where are those? I feel I must of missed them....

...unless the writers think rich white guys kill each other and wives kill their cheating husbands only if they live in NYC....:rolleyes:

I am interested to see where they go with Flack/Angell...if they even do revisit it. I'm kind of wary, too--I hope if they choose to pursue it they don't rush through it, like they have with D/L. If its going to be added, I'd rather see it as slow and steady, so we can see the relationship developing over time, or else I would rather not see it at all.

As for Adam/Stella, I'm glad we will at least get to see them playing nice together some more. :)

15. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

awesome spoilers! again, another which is not danny-lindsay related. lol. it the report actually contains 4 or 5 spoilers, so it's really really good. ;)

and yeah, the episode 10 ctv promo is not on youtube. anyone with another link?:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.