Favorite Season of CSI:NY?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by cSiNyFrEaK30, Dec 5, 2008.

?

What is your favorite season of CSI:NY?

1. Season 1

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. Season 2

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Season 3

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Season 4

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  5. Season 5

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Couldn't have said it better.

I loved the darkness of the first season. It set it apart from anything on tv at that time. It was gritty and hard. I fell in love with the show. Season 1 was the first season of any drama I was ever compelled to buy. I'm glad that I did it. I'm missing stories like the ones from Season 1. I know people love On The Job but nothing tops Hush, to me.

I'm thinking its the Vanessa Ferlito thing. It just seemed more New York when she was around. She was a saucy minx and I'm missing that. :devil: She and Stella were strong characters and were independent of needing to be held up by the men they worked with. We haven't had the kind of "Girl Power" in a while. :lol:

2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Oh, how I miss Aiden...:(

I think the fact that alot of people are still missing her after four seasons says alot--her character was a strong and noticeable one, and when she's gone people feel that something is missing. And CSI NY definately hasn't had the "girl power" from season one since season one :p

And I wish Zuiker would bring back the blue filter for just a few episodes....I miss the gritty, dark and ominous NYC....

3. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Season 1, hands down. The quality of the stories was beautiful. They actually had cases that haunted you and made you feel. Not like the fluff of S2 and S3. Didn't really watch much of S4 and I've only seen 1 ep of S5.
    S1 also felt like New York, almost like the city was a character all her own staring in the show. Haven't had that feel as much with the later seasons.
    I don't miss the blue filter, but I do miss the grittiness that they never really have returned to the show since S1.

4. firehawk12

firehawk12 Victim

I'm curious, they dropped the blue filter because they got bad feedback?

5. KDKHm

KDKHm Dead on Arrival

I think I remember reading somewhere that someone high up at CBS didnt like the feel of the show, so they got rid of the blue filter.

I liked season 1 alot because it was more about the stories and less about love etc

6. CsiFreak-

CsiFreak- Victim

I'm enjoying season 5 because it has a lot more openings for story lines AND a lot more screen time for Adam. But if I had to choose between seasons 1 through 4, it would have to be season 4 because of the 333 Stalker and the Cabbie Killer.:)

7. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I know I'm in the minority here, but I love the whole "Mac reestablishing a relationship" line of season 3. Between Peyton and Reed, Mac was given the chance to come back to life.

After that, from what I have watched and in the order that I managed to watch the episodes, Season 1, Season 2, Season 5, Season 4.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  8. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

I definitely liked the color of season one, the blue filter someone called it?? I thought it was very NY and not so much of a music video feel that I get from CSI: Miami but I think story wise, there's a tie between season 2 and 3 for me. I like that they added more personal story lines this season but since it's not over yet, I don't know where it ranks compared to the other seasons yet.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Season One, closely followed by Three and Four.

Season One felt more real, and authentic, as Top said. The crimes felt more true to the city and the Mac I saw then was the Mac I enjoyed more (along with Stella).