"Young Man With A Horn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, December 04, 2008
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#908) "Young Man With A Horn"

THE DEATH OF A POPULAR NEW SINGER TAKES THE CSI TEAM BACK 50 YEARS TO SOLVE THE PRESENT DAY CRIME. - When a popular young singer is found dead outside an infamous Las Vegas nightclub, the CSI team uncovers a link between the present day crime and a murder from over 50 years ago.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
David Phillips: David Berman
Hodges: Wallace Langham
Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

RECURRING CAST:
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
Karen Rosenthal: Tippi Hedren
Sonny Bridges: Robert Guillaume
Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell
Layla Wells: Tiffany Hines
Kip Westerman: Benjamin Bledsoe
Mr. Westerman: Holt McCallany
Drew Rich: Seamus Dever
Harry Bastille: Bill Cobbs
Sheriff Montgomery: Ralph Waite
Jules Rosenthal: Richard Steinmetz
George Schlatter: George Schlatter
Huge Man: Lance Irwin
Young Harry Bastille: La Monde Byrd
Young Karen Rosenthal: Sarah Poynter
Waitress: Nicole Gabriella Scipione

WRITTEN BY: David Rambo
DIRECTED BY: Jeffrey Hunt

THANKS TO:
The Futon Critic

Ralph Waite use to played the dad on The Walton, now he played the sheriff on CSI. I can't wait to see him, I haven't see him since Cliffhanger he does in the movie. I can't wait to see this episode.

Tippi Hedren....from The Birds! And Robert Guillaume was Benson! Along with Daddy Walton....interesting cast!

Great casting. Besides Ralph Waite, there is Robert Guillaume (Benson, Soap, Sports Night) who had a stroke almost 10 years ago. Bill Cobbs (bus driver on several episodes of the Drew Carey show) has been in many films and TV series. Tippi Hedren was in Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. Seamus Dever was in a 2005 episode of CSI (Bite Me) and also an episode of CSI NY and CSI Miami. George Schlatter produced Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In as well as awards shows, salute shows, and much much more.

In yet more trivia, Tippi Hedrin is Melanie Griffith's mom. This makes her Antonio Banderas mom-in-law and former mom-in-law of Don Johnson.
She founded a refuge for big cats cast off by studios and private collectors called the Shambala Preserve, in California. Try http://www.shambala.org/ (Be sure to check out the "Gallery") or a little google brings a lot more.
LaSquisita

Last edited:
Lots of great guest stars. I love the old Vegas stuff, it brings out the funny in Greg. I hope we hear more about his book too.
The Promo is up at CBS.com... lots of Nick/Greg scenes, love it when they work together.

Ralph Waite use to played the dad on The Walton, now he played the sheriff on CSI. I can't wait to see him, I haven't see him since Cliffhanger he does in the movie. I can't wait to see this episode.
^^He also played Gibbs' dad on NCIS episode "Heartland" 6x04.

A fantastic group of guest stars and I saw some clips of Nick, Greg and Grissom in the teasers. Thats not a grouping we've seen a lot of in recent years and its one I happen to like. I'm hoping the eppy lives up to my expectations which, I must confess, are quite high.

A fantastic group of guest stars and I saw some clips of Nick, Greg and Grissom in the teasers. Thats not a grouping we've seen a lot of in recent years and its one I happen to like. I'm hoping the eppy lives up to my expectations which, I must confess, are quite high.

Well it was the same way with Bull.

Hopefully, there will no reference to GSR in this episode.

Well it was the same way with Bull.

Hopefully, there will no reference to GSR in this episode.

That'd be a nice change for everyone.

It'll be good seeing Greg, Grissom and Nick working together :)

Let's hope he & Marg can have some scenes together and be reunited. They worked together in "Keys", a pilot episode for a show that was never picked up, but has been released on video. Gary Dourdan was in that too.

Back