Grade 'The Box'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 26, 2008.

?

How would you grade The Box?

1. A+

35 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. A

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. A-

11 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. B-

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. C

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  11. D

14 vote(s)
    11.9%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. F

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Oooh, yes. The Ross/Hawkes baby. Only time will tell about the Messer/Monroe kid.

The only thing that annoyed my about Hawkes this episode, is the he KNEW EVERYTHING. "...Oh, yes. The L1 vertebrae".
    Actually, I take that back. I love how he knows everything. And I live how Adam refers to him as Doctor Hawkes.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It's because Hawkes is Doctor AWESOMESAUCE! :p

I love when Adam says 'Docta Hawkes'. It makes my panties tingle in a very pleasant way. :devil:

*woe* The Sight is such a burden.

:p

3. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Well, seeing as Hawkes used to be an ME, he would have to know way more than the average bear about the human anatomy. Heck, I learned how to identify vertebrae in my 9th grade Biology class.

5. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

I can't believe that you are condoning Danny cheating on her. He just openly admitted to it. I want Danny and Lindsay to be together; but after you have been cheated on it is extremely hard to forget what has been done. It is easy to forgive but hard to forget and when you love someone that much it's an addiction. You can't let go even after you have been betrayed; but it will always be in the back of your mind. Baby or no baby!!!

6. Faylinn

How is it "condoning Danny cheating on her" if people don't think he cheated in the first place? :confused: I'm quite sure Lenkov said he didn't cheat in his recent interview with CSI Files.

ETA: From the Lenkov interview:

So it wasn't as cut-and-dry as 'he cheated' or even 'he didn't cheat'. It was complex, and viewing it as him not cheating isn't condoning anything IMO.

(Well, I say "complex", but I think this is all more 'spin' than anything else.)

7. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Well, I definitely had my issues.

On the plus side, I was very intrigued with the first scene, Danny speaking alone. Carmine did a great job in those scenes. Also, I love how they transitioned from this goofy men-with-toys game to the murder. Going from silly to sad and gruesome was interesting. Other pluses? I know I'm in the minority but I thought Anna did well with her scenes in the locker room. She portrayed uncomfortable/trapped/emotional/scared well.

I didn't like her parting shots to Danny, but I do understand them. They've been having problems with their relationship (whatever it is) and are likely both unsure of where they are going. Becoming pregnant in that environment is scary, and rationality is not always no. 1 on the list. Should she have told Danny sooner? Yes. But she's scared, hormonal and unsure of where she stands both personally and professionally.

On the negative, I'm on board with those of you who found the whole motorcycle thing cheesy.

My biggest beef? Danny has such unique relationships, especially w/ Flack. I would have loved to have see he and Danny sitting in a bar or on one of their apartment fire escapes having the discussion. Even Mac. But not some bloodless couple that wrote off their daughter because of potential embarrassment.

I will end with a positive. I like that the show didn't end with Danny and Lindsay hugging, promising to make everything okay. That's not real life. As a former DL shipper who feels the couple has grown apart and out of sorts, I'm glad they went that route. Far more interesting to watch them struggle a bit as a non-couple juggling a baby and the fact that they work together.

8. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I'm beginning to wonder if we were all watching the same episode. Were you getting some water or something when he said that they weren't together when he slept with Rikki?

9. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I think this is how Lindsay sees it. Maybe not how everyone on *here* ses it, but I definately think this is Lindsay's point of view on the situation, hence her little "I know you" comment.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Please to be noting Springmoon's and my posts above. He didn't admit to cheating on her. He cleared up that it WASN'T cheating by saying they "got back together" AFTER he slept with Rikki. And how do we know how much Lindsay "loves" Danny? Sure she said it to him, but I'd hardly call her a Danny addict who is abused by him and comes back for more. :rolleyes:

11. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I agree. I just kept thinking "These people have their owns major problems right now, I'm not sure that they want to hear about yours too."
    But it was interesting that Danny would just open up to complete strangers like that. For some reason, I don't think he'll be that forthcoming with the rest of the team however. I guess we'll see.

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

See, I feel like that is completely out of character for Danny. He has seemed like the type who has so much trouble opening up about the most basic aspects of his personal life with those that he is closest to, yet he tells this sordid tale to a pair of strangers? It just seemed weird.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I actually thought that made sense. He was so shocked that he just opened up and spilled at the first opening they gave him. Also, I don't see him going to anyone on the team since it is Lindsay who's pregnant. Even if the person kept his confidence, they'd still know Lindsay was pregnant when she obviously doesn't want the team to know yet. It was a way for him to get what he was thinking off his chest without making the situation more complicated than it already is.

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I don't think Danny cheated and Danny said they were not together when he slept with Rikki but even if Lindsay thinks he cheated (which we don't know since she never said one way or the other), how would that make him a bad father? He can love and care for his child without being in love or together with Lindsay. It was a low blow for her to insinuate he'd walk away from his child just because he walked away from her. A child is not the same as a relationship.

15. Faylinn

Hey, random thought - Do you think it's foreshadowing that Danny kept scrunching his face so much in this episode?

:p