Grade 'The Box'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 26, 2008.

?

How would you grade The Box?

1. A+

35 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. A

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. A-

11 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. B-

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. C

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. C-

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  11. D

14 vote(s)
    11.9%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. F

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave it a B based on Carmine's performance alone. Although I have to say I really liked Anna in this one as well. For once I actually understood why she was running away and thought she portrayed the mixed emotions of finding out she was pregnant and being scared to tell Danny very well. Had Carmine not turned in an absolutely amazing performance this episode would have tanked big time with me. He brought the grade up substantially.

I didn't care for the "I know you" comment, though. That was just too typical Lindsay behavior for an otherwise untypical Lindsay portrayal. I didn't like that TPTB had to have Danny back track and admit his "mistake" with Rikki. It may have been a mistake to sleep with her, but it shouldn't have been because of Lindsay being in the picture. And to me him saying "we got back together" meant they weren't together when the deed was done so it wasn't cheating. And the whole "I knew she knew" was laughable. Lindsay's never been shown to be overly intuitive so how the hell would she know Danny and Rikki slept together? :rolleyes:

Another big WTF? was that Lindsay said she's known for a few weeks that she's pregnant but she hasn't told anyone. I guess TPTB are just ignoring the whole pregnant women can't be around chemicals rule. That shouldn't surprise me though. Anna and Lindsay get special treatment all the time so why would they make this realistic?

I had the couple pegged as the murderers and the doctor pegged as fishy the minute they appeared on screen. I have to say that the girl ending up dying from a fall down the stairs was a bit of a surprise, but other than that it was pretty predictible. The beginning with the dudes doing their video game reinactment was just stupid. Although I recognized the dude who got shoved in the trunk from watching the VH1 "I love the . . . " series. :lol: That was fun.

I liked Sid, Adam and Hawkes getting some good face time.

Stella was dressed conservatively for Stella and Flack was in casual clothes for the first part of the episode. Combine that with Danny sans glasses and I thought the world was going to implode. :lol:

I liked the twist of it being the girls parents that Danny was speaking with. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I think it's good that Danny and Lindsay both seemed to come to terms with the fact that they want the baby. I also was happy to see they didn't join hands. I just hope TPTB doesn't make them go from tonight's episode to ZOMG everything is great and we are in love in zero point nothing seconds.

I also hope they keep telling this story from Danny's perspective. As much as I liked Anna in this episode it would have been laughable for it to be told from her perspective. Can you imagine AB having to basically talk to the camera while it's focused on her face and come across well? :guffaw:

I know why TPTB decided to write in the pregnancy. It's because they do a crap job of hiding it. The whole world should have known Lindsay was pregnant just by looking at her. :rolleyes: Their attempts to hide it only made it more obvious.

2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Haha, why not?
    I'm up for it! :lol:

I loved when Reggie called Flack "Irish" too. Flack just gave him this look like "what'd you say?" :)

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I gave it a D and not just because of the lame preggers storyline. I just didn't care much for the entire episode. It had a few good points which I'll start with, well three.

1. Flack in jeans. :drool: He really needs to be in jeans more. Flack just gets better and better looking every episode.
    2. Flack and Mac in interrogation. 'tru dat' had me LOL and I enjoy seeing Mac smile. He should do that more often.
    3. Carmine's conveying of Danny's emotions. Danny doesn't need to talk to know what he's thinking or how he's feeling. It's written all over his place. He doesn't keep me guessing like a certain other character does. Danny looked truly happy on his bike all by himself away from HER.

Ratings would certainly drop if this storyline didn't focus on Danny but even so, one would think there would be more from Lindsay's point of view but at the same time, I'm glad they chose to focus on Danny. It's very telling.

That struck me as odd too. Why would Danny be comparing having a child to the worst day in his life? :wtf: If I was having a baby and was happy about it, even if I was still in shock from learning about it, I wouldn't be comparing it to the worst day in my life.

I found it funny that while he seemed hurt knowing Lindsay lied to him, he didn't exactly seem like he felt all that bad about all the lies he's told her.

Honestly, nothing makes sense. Last season we were left with the impression they were never together and Danny never loved her and so far this season it was more of the same thing. Now with this episode, we're supposed to believe they split and got back together two months ago and he's talking to strangers about her. :rolleyes: Sorry PTB, I'm not buying that story at all. Just because you wrote it, doesn't mean it worked. Even with Danny talking about her, I didn't get the feeling he really cares about her but they're supposed to be back together. So, why did Lindsay say that to Danny? Does she expect him to just walk away from his responsibilities just because he didn't want to be wit HER?

LOL Well, a 5 year old would come out looking like an adult compared to her but it is scary to think Danny's going to be the adult in this situation.

I have absolutely NO sympathy for those grandparents. They kicked their daughter out of their home because they didn't want to be judged. Did they actually think that kicking out their pregnant teenage daughter wouldn't be judged or having her turn up dead later? They don't deserve to get custody of their grandchild.

That was terrible and actually had me laughing at her. I would have loved to hear Danny ask: You sure it's mine? - Isn't that what most guys say? :p

For the love of God, WHEN are they gonna stop reminding us that Lindsay is from Montana? :rolleyes: It's annoying and just a waste of time.

4. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I thought Danny mentioning that she's from Montana was relevant. They dont know her. I think most New Yorker's make a mention of someone when they are "native" to the city. Also, it's what he calls her; it's what they bonded over in the beginning. It is kinda like, "Alright, we get it". But I see how it worked in that scene.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I will not admit to thinking about which one would carry the baby and the extreme lulz that would follow. Nope, I won't admit to that at all.

Crap. :p

6. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Can you imagine how gorgeous (and smart!) that baby would be? If that were at all possible. :lol:

7. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Really are we at all surprised by the "I know you" comment.
    I kind of agree with her, Danny has always been all over the place. Saying that she didn't trust his judgement on this isn't that far off from what I would have done myself, if I was her (but hell yes I'd love to have his baby :D)
    All in all, I think the episode was well done. I like that they changed the way they usually pace it to seem as if Danny was telling the whole case to the parents. I loved Lindsay trying to hold back tears as she ran away in the hall, it was very honest.
    I like it all.
    I did enjoy the episode, but did anyone get bothered by the way Hawkes kept saying "vertebrae" ? It was annoying me.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  8. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I don't know about gorgeous and smart.

Oh, you're talking about Adam and Hawkes. Nevermind.

9. PerfectAnomaly

The All Knowing Fay has already predicted what the Messer-Monroe spawn will look like. : Points to icon:

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

You are absolutely correct and I will never again doubt the omniscient Fay.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It would be the CUTEST BABY EVAR! :D

12. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

deleted

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  13. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

14. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Actually, this episode established that there was no cheating going on. Danny very clearly stated that they got back together after he slept with Rikki. Therefore, they were not together at that point. No cheating. None. Nil. Zip.

15. PerfectAnomaly

I guess you approve of cheating then?[/quote]

Danny said he and Lindsay "got back together" after he slept with Rikki. To me that sounds like they weren't together when the deed was done. That's not cheating. Even if it was, what does that have to do with what kind of father he will be? You're talking about two seperate issues.

ETA: Yeah, what Springmoon said.