"Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Audrey2419: Male bonding...*ROFL*

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Actually I think there is only next week that there is a rerun...not two weeks worth.

I liked this episode. The promos were so misleading and for once I am glad they were. I was thinking I would not like this ep if it was all about Natalie but it was not. Her portion of the show was good. She is a bit creepy still to me.

Greg having like the lead on a case and it being the A case, wow. :D Well knowing some younger ones these days, I can believe that Riley might not know what "Let your fingers do the walking" meant. The end of the case reminded me a bit of the movie Seven, just a little bit.

Nick and Hodges were funny, although it was surprising seeing as it seems most of the time Nick can't stand Hodges. Yeah I can totally see Nick as one of those rowdy types of kids. :lol: Hodges, he's just a goof. Catherine's comment about why she is still single was so funny because it was rather true. :lol:

I guess Wendy being out in the field was a total false spoiler by the looks of it so far this season. Hodges is more of the CSI-wannabe now and he use to make fun of Greg...haaa!

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I liked this one. I was glad the whole hour wasn't spent with Grissom and Nathalie. Although I thought BP did a great job on this eppy. He seemed to pity Natalie.

The mailbox case was so cool. I loved watching Nick and Hodges together. It was so funny. It was good to get a little more info on Nick's backround..I could see him smashing mail boxes as a youth. And he looked fine.

I loved Catherine tonight, especially when she spoke about being single..I hear yah Cath!

The case with Greg and Riley was rather sad. I felt bad for the little girl.

I's pleased with the eppy..

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

In case you are new and unaware of the rules (located in the help guide thread) you have up to 24 hrs to edit your posts, if no one posts after you to add extra thoughts.

Also lets remember to not discuss the ep in the regular threads until it has aired in all time zones, the west coast being the last zone would put it at 1 am eastern time . Others are trying to avoid being spoiled.

Thanks. ;)

5. Criminologist86

Wait, hold on...what is this about a re-run?? I'm gonna need to know that :p

Destiny: Did I double post? If I did, I'm SO sorry!

6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Yeah, she is. Valerie Nichols. And she's listed as being in a few more episodes, if I'm recalling correctly.

The Hodges-Nick thing... interesting
    Overall, I liked it just because it was nice to see some more of the fun science that CSI used to have. That said, it felt weird for Nick to be doing that so soon after Warrick's death.
    Second, Hodges...? It seems more and more like Hodges is taking over the role of comic relief that Greg used to have. I'm sure at least part of this is my Greg-fan bias speaking, but I really wish they stopped forcing Hodges into field scenes in rather improbable ways. If they keep doing that, they're going to eventually just have to make him a CSI, which seems like a phenomenally bad idea, not to mention one that Hodges clearly doesn't like.

They never even did that for Greggo when he was in the lab. IMO, TPTB should either explain why Greg has all but lost his personality, or give him some of the fun scenes back. He and Nick are so awesome together doing that kind of scene together.

Basically, I really feel like it should have been Greg and Nick working and goofing off in the mailbox case, with Riley and Cath on the other one. Seriously, how is it that Hodges got more scenes than Cath? Also suffering from a severe deficit of screen time -- Wendy and SuperDave. That said, I really do feel like TPTB have been doing a better job of evening it out this season.

Hehe Greg has a shiny jacket.

I have to say -- as sick as I'm getting of the emoGrissom/GSR angle, the Natalie story was cute here. I was definitely intrigued by the ending.

Nonetheless, the combination of all three cases felt a bit crammed. I'm not sure how they would have been able to fix it. One case and the Natalie angle wouldn't really have filled up the show, nor would it have given sufficient scenes to all CSIs, so who knows..

I like how Riley's been interacting with everyone, especially Greg and Griss, but her interaction with Doc Robbins is probably what's impressed me most. In the past, IMO, Doc Robbins has long seemed like one of the duller characters, especially in terms of interaction with other characters. He and Riley really bring out each others' characters very well. Riley is a quirky enough character that I can imagine Doc Robbins being her mentor rather than any of the CSIs. We've already established that Grissom won't be; she and Cath seem prone to butting heads, and Nick, given Warrick's death, hardly seems like he'll be in the right state to mentor anybody, while Greg isn't sufficiently high-ranking. I definitely look forward to seeing where TPTB take that relationship.

7. Dizzney

Oh yeah I think Doc was flirting a little bit with Riley. It was a cute scene between them too. I almost forgot about that.

Next week is a re-run due to the Holiday and sweeps being over by then.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You did, but I have seen this from others as well so you are not alone, and it was a heads up, if you want you can consider yourself a helpful example. ;)

Btw for those unsure of why this rule is there it is because double posting (otherwise known as back to back posting) is a no no and one we try to avoid if done by accident it is one thing, if you are new and didn't know you will be informed. If you know better you will be cyber slapped. :p

9. Criminologist86

I think they are just showing a side of Hodges we have never seen...The lighter side, if you will..the side that knows about dude fun (ie: mailbox baseball) rather than just the out to impress Grissom/technical/lab rat side. I love it; he's absolutely hysterical.

I think the same for Greggo (hey, I'm as much of a Greg fan as the next person), only his more serious side is coming out...I think he's more focused and oriented with his work, which is a good thing :) Not that his humour was bad, mind you, but a focused Greg is a different side.

I would agree with you about the Doc Robbins/Riley relationship. I won't be watching long enough to see it move forward if TPTB so choose, but I do think that he is equally matched with her. She seems to be a little warmer to him, as in more receptive than with the other CSIs.

I was REALLY bummed to have Cath/Nicky split up; I LOVE it when they work cases together....I think they just compliment each other...They make each other laugh and yet are both so focused sometimes...love it.

Destiny: was it the same post twice? I might have hit the post button twice accidentally or something; internet is being freaky weird tonight for some reason..URG. Again, huuuge apologies! I actually love the editing feature on these boards; it's quite convenient to NOT be taken to a whole 'nother window to re-do your post, rather you can just stay on the same page and view others' posts at the same time...Sorries!

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, it's actually been 6 months since Warrick's death. That might be relatively soon, but certainly people have to move on.

He wasn't out in the field this time. He was processing the car in the lab and recreating the events in the garage. I think it's just because they're running out of characters to put into the scenes!

Right on! I thought tonight there were a couple of glimpses of his old self, and I liked it. But on the scene he just seemed out of it.

11. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

What did you guys think of the LF ad they showed during a commercial break? It was definitely a surprise, though I realize I probably should have seen it, or something like it, coming.

Also, do they always wear those huge white things on their feet when processing scenes? (referring to the opening scene). Those reminded me of the socks they give you at airports.

12. Dizzney

I think Greg has just always been very focused when he is doing his job. Even in the lab when he was actually processing stuff, he was very focused. But death was not in his face in the lab like it is now, so it is natural for him to seem more serious.

Only if there is a lot of blood on the ground do they wear the covers over their shoes.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

According to the new tv guide which is dated Nov 24th - Dec7th, CSI is only a repeat next week. It is a new episode on Dec 4th supposedly.

I'm in total agreement with you on this one. The mailbox baseball scene was funny, but Hodges seemed out of place there. I thought he was a way too serious person than to ever enjoy something like that. Definitely should have been Nick and Greg in that scene instead of Nick and Hodges. Cause you know were Warrick still alive, it would have been him and Nick instead of Hodges and Nick. So, why couldn't it have been Greg and Nick? The sheer idea of Hodges enjoying something like that completely goes against his character IMO.

I completely agree. Her interaction with Doc is very nice. It really brings out Doc's funny side and I like that. I've always liked Doc.
    My thoughts I wrote down while watching:

Nick: Tree practically ate the car. :lol: I don't know why, but this cracked me up.

Greg: I let my fingers do the walking.
    Riley: What does that mean?
    Greg (laughs): Nevermind. :lol: Riley doesn't know that phrase? :wtf: Doesn't it say that on the freaking phone book? :lol: Riley has suddenly turned into Dr. Temperance Brennan (Bones). :lol:

Now Hodges is helping in the garage? :wtf: Have they decided to make him a CSI instead of Wendy? Say it isn't so!

Columbo. :lol:

Riley: Logged into Facebook lately, Doc? :lol:

Riley and Doc play Scrabble together online? :lol: Their whole conversation was great.

Mailbox baseball :lol: "It's really fun if you're a bored teenager." :lol:

Hodges' story and Nicky laughing about it. :lol: Cute.

I still think Nicky and Greg should have been the ones goofing off instead of Nick and Hodges. That's just weird to me.

Cath: And I wonder why I'm still single. :guffaw:

What happened to Cavalier's nose? He had bandages on it or something.

Natalie seems normal.

So is that supposed to be a cliffhanger? Whether or not she'll kill herself?

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think that's supposed to be from the explosion last week. Oh my gosh! Continuity! :)

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:smacks self in head: Duh! I can't believe I forgot about that. :lol: I tend to get Cavalier and Vega confused from time to time, so maybe that explains it. Or it could just be this stupid cold that I have. :lol: Or maybe it's just cause I'm not used to continuity on this show. :lol: