Emily/Calleigh #11 :The Divine Miss Em

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I guess it was like this just because this episode was funny. I mean it was the funniest episode of the season & surely a sad Calleigh would have ruined everything.
    Maybe it was also just a way for her to get over what happened last week, though I think we still have to see how "Wrecking Crew" affected her (future).
    They promised an affected Calleigh & surely last week they showed it in the proper way, now it's just a matter of showing in other episode. I'm sure they'll do it also because they promised us.

Anyway I didn't matter the fact she was cheerful instead of sad 'cause, seriously, I missed this Calleigh. It's been almost 2 full seasons (not considering her relationship) without this kind of Calleigh.
    I'm not agry because of it 'cause her character is being developed in a good way & I love Emily's acting, but cheerful Calleigh, for me, is always the best just have fun:lol:

2. athens

athens Coroner

It is somehow true that there is a lot of difference between the Calleighs in the two episodes.But as Florry said it would be nice to again watch an affected Calleigh.In both episodes she showed emotion and that was good.Cheerful or sad we love it when she gets attention :p

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Well we'd all like to see more of this sad Calleigh but remember it's about crime so writers have to balance stories and romances/private lives of the characters. So the only time they have to show personal effects are when a case leads to them, or something else, but they can't too much time on that one character. Or it'll turn into a soap opera... or has that already happened?

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Can't believe something is gonna happen to Calleigh AGAIN...

Have you seen the spoilers for epi 14? She inhails too much of something and gets rushed to the hospital! Oh boy, the writers are writing fanfiction!

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I read the spoiler too ;)

I dont' think TPTB are writing a ff. If you think about it, probably, this is one of the most realistic episodes ever. I mean she get runn off into a canal with her Hummer with a head trauma (she hit the steering wheel :eek:) & she didn't end up in a hospital; she almost gets run over & again no hospital for her, just some stupid questions by the paramedics; she gets kidnapped, punched & kicked (surely she broke a rib), but again no hospital; she blows up her lab and doesn't go away immediatly & no hospital; a crane destroys the safe house where she was & no hospital.
    I mean all these old storylines were very good but the fact she never ended up in a hospital was odd especially for us, the audiance (plus I'm a paramedic & whenever I see the episodes involving a CSI getting hurt or something like this I'm always :wtf:).
    This, IMO, is probably the most realistic episode involving a hurt Calleigh. I mean she's a woman, she gets out from a burning house with a destroyed insulation. Obviously she inhaled more than Ryan & I'm pretty sure she will start choking later (this kind of things usually happens) & she's rushed to the hospital. For me it's just reality, I wouldn't say FF :p
    The only problem is that they wrote this episode just for s7 after lots of trouble for Calleigh. In that case I totally agree with you ;)

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

That's my only qualm too. Had this bit been introduced in the earlier seasons or even during a season where Calleigh hadn't been developped a lot, I would enjoy the prospect of it a lot more.

You're right, it does seem more realistic than her other previous encounters with danger. I kind of wish they'd spaced everything out a bit more though, so the whole picture (because it seems like all of these events will mold the Calleigh character in a specific way before next season) would be easier to swallow for me.

Here's a present while I'm here. :D

[​IMG]

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh thanks Geni for the lovely picture, I can't get over her cuteness during s2 :lol:.
    Now she's completely different, I like this new Calleigh a lot too, but I seriously miss that Calleigh.

Well actually I can handle all this change of character during this season & maybe the fact she will end up in a hospital will be the famous last kick for the complete change/development of the character.
    The problem, for me, is that we have been seeing this kind of development with all these troubles for more than 2 years (that's the reason why I think some people are annoyed with this plot) & whenever I read something related to Calleigh I always have a heart attack even if I know she wouldn't go to the hospital. Now that she's going there you can imagine my heart conditions :lol::p
    Gosh they could have done in a different way, but still I can't wait for this episode, I think it will be challenging for everyone 'cause for the first time Calleigh will be risking her life & will end up in a hospital, it's completely different from what we've been seeing till now. Plus I think it will be far more realistic;)
    I'm one of those person who's just glad to see an episode like this because I've been waitng for this moment since "Body Count":lol:

And here's my contribution :p
    [​IMG]

8. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I can understand why some people don't like the fact that Calleigh will get yet another story line, but I must admit that I love it. She is my favorite character and as far as I'm concerned, she can get even more story lines. Of course, that's just my opinion.

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Calleigh's my favorite character too, hence the signature "Team Calleigh".
    I love that she's getting more story lines as well because I think Emily is an awesome actress and I love watching her. I hate to see Calleigh in danger/getting hurt. That's what I worry about. Can't wait for 7.14 as well as this coming Monday.

10. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

I have to totally agree with you. Calleigh seems to get into all of these accidents, but always comes out without even a little scratch, so it will be interesting to see her actually end up in the hopital.

Oh, I don't care what other people think, I love how Calleigh gets another storyline and it's not going to be all H drama. Plus, Emily acts every scene so well, I love it! Though, I wouldn't mind seeing story lines for Ryan and Natalia, which I am sure we'll get this season.

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Totally agree!! I am tired of hearing people complain about Calleigh's storylines and I think the reason is they are all just jealous that their favorite character doesn't get the storyline. ;)

Hopefully the fact that Calleigh can't physically walk away from this ordeal will wake up her emotional side and put some cracks in that strong outer armor of hers.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah Cal's my favorite too and I love all her stories. I always pay close attention to her reactions and her face expressions and think she's just such a great actress. I can't wait to see this episode :).

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Its good to see her walls slowly crumble. I understand she is a strong woman, but come on eventually someone has to break :shifty:

14. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

I totally agree with you!! i think shes awesome and i wouldnt mind her getting more storylines, i love seeing her :) and my favorite episodes are when they are about Calleigh :);)

15. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Oooo I love Emily Proctor :)

I'm currently watching "Stand Your Ground" which is like, wow intense stuff and sad....Calleigh wouldn't mess up like that...although I'm new to the episode so I don't know anything :p

Carry on with your intelligent conversations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.