Cath/Sara Slash #9: "Keep it between us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bubbles, Nov 3, 2008.

1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Hi Guys.

So I decided to go ahead and open us a shiny new thread to celebrate the amazingness that is Cath and Sara :devil:. Party time :D

Just a few rules to reiterate:

Everything has got to keep PG13,
    Each post must have 3 good lines pertaining to Cath/Sara talk.

So we reached thread number 9 :)

Hands out cocktails to all (or juice) ;).

So where were we? (http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=50563)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Congrats to the new thread!

Hm, I always thought that the tension between Cath and Sara (and I don't mean the good tension here) seemed a bit forced especially after the Pilot where they seemed to hit it of rather well! ;) I never understood why they didn't seem to like each other and I don't really know when TPTB decided that they couldn't get along.

And then there are these great episodes where they seem to be really friendly and caring. I loved the end of Random Acts of Violence where Cath waited in her car for Sara. And that look!

And then there are episodes like Nesting Dolls. I don't get it! Why did they have to get into each other faces like that? My guess to push GSR :scream: That episodes would have been such a great chance to bond and get closer instead TPTB just blew it.

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Woohooo! New Cath/Sara thread!:D

It's great that we're still believing in this beautiful and deep relationship of those great two women:) Now I have a reason to re-watch again many CSI episodes just to catch every moment of them.

And my favourite coctail is delicious;)

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

What's the favourite cocktail banshee_d?

It's on the house ;) From Cath/Sara lol.

I actually think that a lot of the tension they had- in terms of the 'fights' for example in nesting dolls or lady heathers box, was just their emotions getting the better of them. Because they were trying so hard to keep their feelings from each other, the only way is to push each other away. I like to think in Nesting Dolls, Sara really wanted to tell Cath about her Father/Mother (instead of Grissom), but she knew how Cath could really get inside her head, and she could quite easily lose herself with Cath, if she let herself (I mean in a good way). Yet because Sara likes to keep total control, she pushed Cath away, leading to the fight in ND.

Underneath it all, they get on really well, and the moments we see that it's fantastic. It's just they know that the other could hurt them more than anyone else, so try to hide their feelings.

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh my, I said coctail:lol: I think it's normal drink like cola and whiskey, but don't mind good old vodka with juice;) But we're not here to talk about it, right?

ITA with you BOO!_bles. Their relationship never was easy, always were some obstacles. I see it as a fight with real feelings. From the begining they had chemistry and were a very good team but of course differences in their characters were a little bit hard to avoid sometimes. That's why I really see your scenario, B. Sara always had problems with sharing her feelings - once too much, once she was just closed in her own shell. Cath is more confident and has a strong personality which was for Sara something fascinating I think.

Did I say anything with sense? I just wrote what my mind and fingers wanted to write;)

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

It totally makes sense. I agree with what you're saying. I think Sara thinks of Cath of everything she's not, where deep down I think Cath has some issues just as Sara does, she just hides it better. I think Cath has been treated so badly by guys in the past that, underneath her work exterior, she's almost as closed off (of her truly deep) emotions as Sara, although doesn't show it.

I think they have a really good dynamic, which as you say, works really well when they're working as a team, and, on some, rare occasions we've seen more of.

I just think that they're both afraid of how they feel, and have closed it off in different ways, unfortunately, trying to forget their feelings for each, thinking the other doesn't feel the same. (that's the impression I got, especially in earlier seasons)

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Wow, I got the same feeling about earlier seasons. Especially one and two 'cause I remember them quite well. I can hardly call it a crush. It was really more fascination, platonic one I guess. Something really was attracting them to each other. It was visible but not so strong. Very delicate signs but well, Sara and Cath were very very subtle. Honestly, at first I thought about great friendship and then I went deeper and deeper... nah, I'm doing it again!:lol:

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Great to finally see the new thread. I'll grab a Cherry Coke and I come with a gift:
    [​IMG]

9. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Whoo! New thread! Drinks all around! ;-) (I'm not old enough to drink but I always enjoyed that line in Pirates of the Carribbean. lol.)

10. Taryn

Taryn Prime Suspect

[​IMG]

Congrats on a New thread and here is a photo of the two lovely ladies to celebrate. They are both such great characters . And we may get to see more of them in the future .

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Congrats on the thread, guys. I LOVE the title. So multi-layered ;)

And almost double digit thread numbers! Even better :D

Love the pics you guys have posted as well. :D

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yay for the pics :) I'm gonna go find some in a bit :)

Deirdre, for probably one of the first times ever, I'm going to disagree with you ;) - I don't think their relationship in terms of their feelings is platonic. I think it was more than a crush, and they were both afraid of that. I agree with you that sometimes the signs are quite subtle, some are just *bam* there though. It's a very interesting dynamic that they had/have.

I think that they clicked at the beginning, but different things made them close off from each other(the intensity of their feelings I think).

What do you guys think?

*takes another cocktail :D*

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I think they did click from the beginning. You have to remember that when Sara arrived, Catherine was blaming herself for Holly's death - encouraging her to stay. Plus, she wasn't going to be nice to someone coming in and investigating Warrick.

One of my favorite parts of their first episode was when Sara told Catherine "good job" after they got the DNA results to put away the killer:
    [​IMG]

14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, it can't have been easy for Catherine having Sara come to basically take over her case, and of course, as you said, investigate Warrick. I think that the good job she gave as per your screencap:) was a big thing for Cath, with the situation that they were in at the beginning, it took a lot for Cath to say that, and I think the fact she did showed that (apart from Sara doing a good job), she actually thought they could get on in the future.

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Maybe platonic in the very beginning? From platonic is so close to real crush. BTW, I think that platonic feeling of them both helped them understanding each other. Kaylyne took a good moment from the beginning. I just loved their interaction when Sara came and Cath blamed herself. That what happened there in this few days I called platonic. Then we got a crush;)

So true that they differently came closer to each other. In the beginning Sara was more tough girl. Anyway, she wanted to be seen like that. Cath, like was mentioned earlier was blaming 'cause of Holly and didn't want to know person who would investigate Warrick. But amazing how fast they used to each other. Cath was not able to be mean for Sara and Sara needed to stop playing tough. Catherine just couldn't fight with the feeling that new girl was for her someone more than a workmate. Sara always wanted to be with someone close in the crime lab.