Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

It's okay. Even one scene seems like a lot to ask nowadays. *sigh* How did we ever come to this?

I'm going just think that I never saw the actual picture with Kevin Costner (who I also love very very much). :) My mind can be tricked...I think.

And yay for siggie. I don't think I'll ever change it. People love it so much! lol

2. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I know, right? It's so sucky. At least Billy and Marg acknowledge that they don't have as many scenes together, especially Marg seems to notice that. She says it in so many interviews. Bless. Sigh.

I never did see it, hence the wild spazzing when I saw that manip that I'm refusing to believe is a manip because it's so damn good.

And yes, NEVER, EVER change that sig. :D :D

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

That is so true....them just being in the same room together is a moment to me. Anything that comes out of their mouths is just a bonus. I think if I had to pick, I'd take a scene with them just staring at each other and not speaking at all. They certainly don't need to talk to get a point across and, again I think that just goes back to their amazing chemistry and how good they are together.
    Can't you just see her going around snapping pics right and left? That sounds just like something she would do...always have a camera ready when needed.:lol:

Don't ever change that sig, Gravy....if anything we all should change our sigs to that!

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hey girls, the poll is up there. Go vote for your favorite titles! Please try to limit your votes to a minimum, though. It's hard, I know, but we don't want ties by the time our new thread is ready to go and difficulties on deciding which title to use, do we? ;) GNRF we've already used "Because He Missed Her Tushie" for one of our previous threads so I didn't put that one in the poll, but I did add in your other suggestion. :)

I know! There used to be so many scenes shared by Catherine and Gil up to season 6. Even in season 5, when they worked different shifts, they had plenty of scenes together. And then it happened, and suddenly there's no more Catherine and Gil being close in a scene. Each to their own, I agree. If that's what TPTB see, then fine, but we know it isn't. What upsets me the most is that TPTB did see that chemistry between the two actors and characters. They actually thought it was a lot and asked Billy and Marg to tone it down (anyone wants proof, Marg said it herself in her latest interview with the official CSI magazine). How can you "tone down" something if it's just there without explanation and there's no way to reduce it? So they separated the two of them. Guess that was the only thing they could do. Question is, if they saw the natural chemistry and mutual adoration between the two actors/characters, why did they choose to dismiss it and go the opposite route?

I don't get TV anymore.

Haven't watched the latest episode, but I think I'll enjoy it since there were C/G scenes and everyone seemed to share a fair amount of screentime. Plus I think I may like Riley. :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  5. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Oh lord, I remember that about "toning down" their chemistry. I guess they are like...those dicatorial leaders. They have a vision and IT MUST BE SO. ROAR. I wish I could see a scan of that latest official CSI magazine. Would be interesting to read.

Hey, anyone remember that video where...it was the scene where Catherine and Gil are going into a room but because it's not cleared, Gil calls Brass, but it's in Spanish and the subtitles indicate something very inappropriate. It also had scenes from Miami where Horatio and Calleigh are talking about their baby? or something along those lines. It had a certain title on YouTube and I can't remember it. I just thought it was really funny.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I have scans of that interview on my site, Gravy. You can read the interview here. I know which video you were talking about. I think it was titled "CSI: Aye Aye" or something like that, but I can't find it on YouTube anymore. I remember how shock I was to watch that video because it had naughty...alright dirty conversations between Catherine and Gil (as well as H and Calleigh), and it was released by CBS! lol. I wish someone still has that video, though. I'd love to watch it again.

7. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I so agree with you here. Billy and Marg have a chemistry that just can't be switched off, and asking them to do that is a bit much. It's shows in their work too. Catherine and Grissom used to have such an amazingly close bond with one another. In the past few seasons we just haven't seen that.

The last time we really saw Grissom confide in Catherine was in S6 when he told her of his father. I'd like to see something that shows he still has that bond with her.

I also haven't seen the episode yet, but by the way it is sounding, I'm looking forward to it. Cath and Grissom working together with her laughing again? Priceless!

8. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Hello Everyone *Hugs you all*. I haven't been in here for a couple of days, gosh, I've been so busy with school and the likes... But now I'm off school for a week. *Does a happy dance* Anyhoo...

I haven't seen the new ep yet, but I hear that we have some good Purejoy scenes? That makes me wanna watch it right now... :lol: It seems like forever since they've worked together, but that's probably just me exagerating cause of the strike and the likes... I watched 9.02, and well as you can imagine it made me very happy. ;) I guess that leaves it open for something to happen with our couple? Well, here's hoping. :adore: I love all of the new titles for the thread. :D

Well halloween's approaching (and in the Smacked thread we've been asking what you think they'd dress up as for halloween), so what do you guys think Gil and Cath would dress up as? I think Griss would dress up as something like Indiana Jones, I can see him wearing a fedora. :lol: I bet he'd have some of his bugs in a jar, gosh that would be so cute. As for Cath... Hmm... I can see her dressing us a devil. I bet Gil would be speechless if he saw Cath is a little red dress. :devil: I bet they'd have a lot of fun playing dress up. :devil:

9. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Exactly. Apparently Sara Side was always written as a love intrest for Grissom but obviously TPTB saw the special relationship Billy and Marg have, wouldn't it just have made sense to go with natural chemistry instead of something I find rather forced? Just because something's written down on a sheet of paper somewhere doesn't make it right, if you get me? That's not bashing GSR at all, just my opinion. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. G/C worked, in my opinion it worked better than the pre-romantic G/S interactions and if it works better, it works better, simple as, that's something you can't change no matter how much you try to.

CSI: Aye Aye was INCREDIBLE! I've been searching for it high and low with no luck, I loved that video so hard. If I remember correctly it was something like...
    Grissom: I think we're alone.
    Catherine: I have Tequilla.
    Grissom: Let's make love.
    SIGH! Why did they take it down *cries*

I just read that article, thanks Erica. It's nice to know that Marg too thought S8 wasn't up to scratch. The last sentence was too cute, I like how they both acknowledge that they loved how things used to be and how they miss each other now, if only they could transmit that through the show! Like MissMurder said, it'd be nice to have him open up to her again, like he used to. I'd like to see them talk about Warrick seen as she hasn't really had a release yet, and well, I suppose he hasn't either. He's good at hiding his emotions.

Easy, Master & Grasshopper :p Mwahahahaha!

10. Stepherweps

Gosh, I totally agree with you, I always felt that GSR was forced, they didn't have the chemistry that Gil and Cath shared... Like you said, jsut because it was written down, doesn't mean it has to stay, I mean there have been scenes/storylines changed and cut out before, why did that have to be any different? Gil and Cath to me were a much more obvious choice that Gil and Sara, I mean they are best friends, they have great chemistry, they have everything that would make them perfect as a couple... Gosh, I just think TPTB are blind, how can they say what Gil and Cath has is a platonic relationship, they seriously must be blind...

Oh, Ams, just wanted to say, that I love your icons, I was having a look at them the other day, snagged a few, of course I'll credit you when I use them. :D Oh, and I love your idea about the master and the grasshopper. ;)

11. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

So true! Wouldn't it be good if before Grissom leaves he looks back on what he is leaving behind? You know delve deep into his past with a few characters, especially Catherine, and see how they began to where they are now? I think that would be interesting, but doubt they'll do it :(

And dress up? Oh that would be so cute! I adore your idea about the master and the grasshopper too Ams. Loved that scene in Slaves of Las Vegas :D

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I just think it would've been more interesting to have Gil/Cath hook up. I'm trying to come from a totally unbiased place here, I mean, just because you personally ship something doesn't always make it right but, G/C is so right, I just can't see how it can be denied. And I know I don't sound like it but normally, I'm a very broad minded person and can see other possibilities but I really can't with G/C. Yes, Gil/Sara have history too but it's just not as deep and I honestly don't believe they were as close as G/C are/were, if I'm supposed to think that, well, I just can't! *breathes*

That'd be a nice idea for the last episode, just to reminise, tell us some stuff we didn't know.

Cheers! I made another batch, I really can't remember if I posted a link to them here or not? Hmmm. Well, if not, here we are.
    http://ams87.livejournal.com/11838.html#cutid1

13. Stepherweps

Well my dear, I could not agree with you more. I can see what you mean about coming from an unbiased place and how you sometimes know when you're not right... But my dear, this is one topic on which you are totally right. The chemistry between Gil and Cath cannot be denied... I also agree with what you said about Sara and Gil's chemistry not being as deep as Cath and Gil's, well once again, I agree with you. Personally I think that once TPTB got it wrong... If only they would admit their mistake and let something worth while happen between Gil and Cath before he leaves...

Ok, I'm stepping down from my soapbox, my rant is over. :lol:

Wow, those are totally awesome, hehe snagged some more, they all look awesome. Well done dear. :D

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What would they dress up as for Halloween? Hmm... let's see. I could see Cath dressing up as CatWoman. I dunno about Gil as Batman though. :lol: Hmm, maybe they could dress up as Desi and Lucy. :lol:

Awesome icons, ams. I left a comment on your LJ. Mine is the one with the Ryan/baby love icon.

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I watched Art Imitates Life yesterday, and I think I liked it. That scene with Catherine and Gil at the crime scene was hilarious (and much love!). I loved it when Catherine kept rambling and Gil gave her that smirk. Then Catherine touched the dead girl's face and went all "Oh. Did she forget to fall down?" :lol: Also when David arrived and asked them where the body was. To quote Catherine from Loco Motive, "it was horrible, but it was funny." :D

Gil was wearing his straw hat again (LOL) and Catherine her CSI cap and vest, and jeans. To me it looked a bit like Shooting Stars all over again. :)

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.