Grade 'Sex, Lies and Silicone'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 22, 2008.

?

How would you grade Sex, Lies, and Silicone?

1. A+

23 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. A

35 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wrote down all this stuff while watching the episode (otherwise I'd forget everything I wanted to say lol):

Man, Sid can move fast! :lol:

"Mr. Scissorhands." ROTFL! I totally had a Johnny Depp flashback there. If only that dude's hair had been a little crazier. :lol:

"Walking Ballerina." haha. Flack's so funny.

Sheldon's friend is kind of cute... in a way.

:lol: at Adam getting the eyelash off of Stella's face. That was so cute!

"What were you looking for?"-Danny
    "Your sister."- Suspect
    "Woah!"-Flack
    "That's funny. I don't have a sister."-Danny :lol:

Don to the doll: "Hey, girl. What's your sign?" :guffaw:

"That's why God created warrants!" -Don :lol: Oh, Don... you say the funniest things. :lol:

The doll had a bit of an attitude problem? :wtf: The other doll doesn't like to watch tv? OMG! Is this dude looney tunes or something?

Lindsay yelling to Don asking why he dumped her for a doll and his embarassed look. Too funny. I somehow get the feeling that the actors had trouble not cracking up during that whole scene. Eddie and Anna both looked like they were two seconds away from cracking up. I don't think it would take me that long. They'd probably have to do several takes... cause it was such a funny and unexpected moment. Lindsay's not sarcastic and joking too often, so that made it even funnier. Loved Don's comment to the people "Forgive my wife. She's not well." :lol: Then "I'm gonna get you for that, Monroe. Big time!" hahaha!

Adam's "Woah" when he saw the doll was cute and funny. "Can I touch her?" :guffaw:

"That's why boys shouldn't play with dolls." -Danny :lol:

Sheldon's friend trying to guilt trip him into tampering with evidence. Not nice. With friends like that who needs enemies?

Man, Sheldon held his own against like three or four guys. Wowsers! Good going, Shel! But, you know his "friend" had something to do with that jump. And I repeat: With friends like that who needs enemies?

Sheldon gives the guy a check for his father and then the guy asks Sheldon if he wants money? :wtf:

Aww, poor Sinclair. They're trying to make him a more sympathetic character now.

Someone took the flash drive? Yeesh that department has leaks everywhere. Should have kept the drive in the lab I guess. And by the way, I've never seen a drive with a cover that rolls up like a lipstick tube. My flash drives all just have tops/caps that pull off. Weird. That must be one expensive drive.

Poor Stella gets shoved down a flight of stairs? Hasn't she been through enough? Yeesh. Well, hopefully it will lead to a nice Stella/Mac scene like every Stella in peril episode does.

2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

SO many good moments in this ep....Adam was his adorkable self the entire time. :lol: I swear, those Adam moments brighten up even the most dismal episode.

Not that this was a dismal episode, though. I loved the Hawkes action!! Faylinn, i agree, this show needs more manhugs. Hawkes could have used one a few times lol

I can't wait to see more of the flashdrive...I'm curious though, why Mac chose to ship it off to a warehouse...instead of keeping it where he could keep an eye on it. :confused:

Lovely episode. :)

3. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Best last shot/preview combination ever!
    I cracked up because I had the Indiana Jones theme on my mind, and the preview just fit...
    I wonder if this was done on purpose (too obvious for coincidence?)

Adam, Sid AND Sheldon all in significant scenes? In one episode? Wow...I hope TPTB won't think this will be sufficient for the whole season

The doll scenes were just hilarious. Even the "autopsy" where Sheldon retrieves the flash drive had me laughing because of the fake skull underneath the face. It was a parody of the usual gory autopsy scenes...all nice and clean silicone

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

So true. This episode was good, and Adam is so adorkable. :lol:

I really enjoyed the episode, Flack is hilarious and fantastic in every way (I love him). :lol: His interrogation with Danny, his scenes with Lindsay. It was all good.

Poor Sheldon, his 'friend' wasn't such a friend after all. And Sheldon's really honest, telling Mac what had happened. He's great. :thumbsup:

Do I feel sorry for Sinclair? A little. It was good to see him back though, I always like his scenes with Mac.

Real dolls = weird. :lol:

5. Kelleigh

Kelleigh Witness

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

This episode was perfect chuckle fodder, I thought they were all great. As usual Danny and Flack fed perfectly off each other with the one liners. I loved the Stella/Adam/Lindsay scene with the doll, Adam is so gorgeously challenged when it comes to the social etiquette of such situations. :lol:

I thought the scene between Flack and Lindsay was great, I love that we're getting to see some banter between the two of them and I agree that Anna wasn't meant to be acting like an actor in the 'you chose a doll over me' scene, she was meant to be acting like a CSI overacting to get a rise out of her colleague. I think she pulled it off perfectly. :)

The only thing I find weird is that we're four episodes in and they've barely had Danny and Lindsay in the same room together. While this is better than the angst/drama of last season, I am becoming more and more concerned that episode 5:09 WILL be coming like a bolt from the blue with no build up whatsoever.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I believe they filmed the first four episodes of the season before going on hiatus.

Perhaps the next few would be more likely to show some sort of lead up to the events of 5.09. I think it's unlikely that they would have known that Anna was pregnant when they filmed the first four episodes, but if they are going to show us something to suggest that Danny and Lindsay are in a relationship as a lead up to what happens in 5.09, then it might happen in the next few episodes. Or maybe not. It could just be wishful thinking. :lol:

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I believe you're right :p

Yeah, that has occurred to me, but I just feel a little frustrated that the D/L game tptb have played all along has been that of major storylines then dropping the ball for several episodes before another major storyline. I'm pretty sure it IS wishful thinking on my part that this time would be different.

9. privatename

privatename Rookie

I enjoyed this episode. Like many others I loved Flack's comments. He is so snarky and fun. Adam also had a good couple of scenes and was quite awkward with Stella :)

I enjoyed Sheldon's story line and I am glad he had a story. I think he needs more screen time. But, I agree that the friend looked too young to be Sheldon's age and I also couldn't believe he was processing his own evidence. I guess maybe he had no intention of filing a complaint so it didn't matter, but talk about compromising evidence.

I agree with Faylinn in that I thought the scene was off and certainly don't think Anna pulled it off perfectly. It felt to me like she was reading off a script. If it was meant to be overacted, then she missed the mark as far as I am concerned, but everyone has different opinions. That said, however, she is more palatable to me in these lighter scenes than in the ones where she needs to be emotional.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I thought it was a highly enjoyable ep, I graded A- :) Good storyline, and excellent character bits!

Faylinn's once-again brilliant recap echoes much of what I felt about the ep (Thanks, Faylinn! ;) ) Flack was at the Top of his game, snarky humor-wise. Loved his reaction when first walking into the room of dolls, "What's your sign, girl?" :lol: And Danny, IMO, is often at his best when he has his buddy Flack at his side to share barbs and riffs with. Their interrogation scene was excellent!

Speaking of excellent, it's high time we got something substantial for Hawkes! I enjoyed his storyline immensely, and was glad to see that the writers didn't play it that Hawkes even remotely considered compromising evidence for a college buddy who he hadn't seen in years, that would have been too OOC. The scene where he got jumped surprised me, didn't see it coming at all! I was glad he came clean about everything to Mac even though he didn't have to, and that he returned the money to his so-called "friend" to give to his corrupt father. Both things spoke to Hawkes' integrity and honor.

How cute was Adam? :) Whomever coined the term "Adorkable" for him was brilliant, it suits him perfectly! He was sooooo intrigued by the doll, and he obviously likes redheads!

Finally, I loved all interaction between Mac and his boss Sinclair. Even though they have a largely adversarial relationship, I think they have excellent chemistry in their scenes together, nothing ever feels "forced" between them. I'm glad Sinclair eventually opened up to Mac with the truth of the sexual harrassment situation, allowing for a good heart-to-heart scene between the two men.

Lots of foreshadowing for future eps. Loved the Indiana Jones tie-in at the end! :thumbsup:

11. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

A! LOVED this episode!!

a lot of amazingly funny scenes!
    - flack and lindsay's interrogation with the guy who owns melanie. lindsay: we gotta bring her to the lab. guy: oh! can i come with her? she's fragile. and the look on flack's face is priceless!!
    - flack and lindsay's wife scandal on the streets. so hilarious.
    - danny and flack's scenes. danny, silicone. lol!
    - adam wanting to touch the silicone doll. that was funny.
    - of course flack's "hey girl, what's your sign?" line was classic. one of his best one liners ever. also his other line, "that's why God created warrants." lol.

the woman in the silicone doll thing was really weird. she was all about selling the dolls. she's hilarious and abit irritating haha.

and i am so glad hawkes did not fall down the aiden spiral of doom. i don't want him cut of the show!! the ending. i kind of expected the flash drive would be stolen.

overall this episode is great and one of the best so far this season!

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I don't vote yet, because I haven't seen the entire episode yet, but what I saw I really loved! How awesome was Lindsay in the last episode? She was great!! :lol: I loved it so much! That's what I was hoping for after all the drama from last season- some lighter moments. I loved the moments between Flack and Lindsay! The 'A DOLL?!' was awesome! :lol: So funny! And I also loved to see Stella and Lindsay working together again. Great scenes! I'm sure the entire episode is awesome as well!

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave this one a solid A. It was equal parts entertaining and compelling.

Yay for Hawkes getting a story line. Yay to TPTB for not going the route of Sheldon ever entertaining the idea of tampering with the evidence. Yay for Hawkes having mad CSI and fighting skills and grabbing the perps' hair even as he was getting his ass kicked. :lol: The one thing that bothered me about the story line was that the person who helped Hawkes through college was a rich white dude. CSI: NY seriously lacks diversity and it was a shame they didn't capitalize on the obvious opening to bring in someone of a different racial/ethnic background to be Hawkes' benefactor. It was just a big cliche that a rich white dude saw potential in a poor black kid who happened to be friends with his son and became his secret benefactor.

Yay for Danny and Flack and Adam. They were all hilarious in this episode. Adam was such a freak in this episode. It made me wonder how that guy could've ever dated a Suicide Girl. :lol: I love how amused and WTF? Stella and even Lindsay were by his weirdness, too.

Yay for Chief Sinclair and Mac interaction. I thought they did a relatively good job of setting things up for a future budget cuts story line. They somewhat beat the audience over the head with it (like Fay said, "Obvious FORESHADOWING is obvious." But it was played realistically so that softened the attempted bashing over the heaed. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

I absolutely loved the sales pitch woman at the doll company. The way she just kept on going with her schpiel despite Stella's attempts to reel her in was hilarious.

I liked the Lindsay/Flack interaction. I agree that Anna's delivery was supposed to be exaggerated, but I also agree that it wasn't that great of a delivery. It's no secret that I dislike Anna Belknap as an actress, so for me she seems to have two categories: "Sucks out loud" and "sucks less than usual." This performance was in the second category because it did make me smile. She's still awkward as hell, though and I see Anna Belknap acting "Lindsay becomes over dramatic and embarrasses Flack" instead of the character of Lindsay purposely embarrassing Flack in front of a group of people on the street.

The resolution of the murder case wasn't overly compelling, but the fact that the flash drive was taken was extremely compelling. I love that TPTB are seeming to go for continuity with the Sinclair email/murder of the chick who made the scandal go away/the stealing of the flash drive. It's a nice story line that they can bring bits and pieces of out whenever they see fit. It doesn't have to be a four episodes in a row arc where things are neatly tied up at the end. Hopefully that's what TPTB intends to do with the story.

14. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

Good ep! I totally loved the Flack/Lindsay interaction!
    Plus, the case was as "gross" as they often are.

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well. It's about damn time you wrote an episode that featured Hawkes, TPTB! After four years of shafting him, he deserves far more than just an episode, so I hope there will be lots more of Hawkes in upcoming episodes this season. He was truly badass in the brawl scene. :cool: Three to four against one, and although he got beaten up, he never ended up looking weak or pathetic in any way. Ya gotta love the satisfaction in his eyes when he saw the perp's hair he gripped in his fist. He was down, but he wasn't defeated.

With each episode, we seem to get more and more Danny/Flack scenes. I hope this is a trend that'll continue. :cool: The show will definitely need them, knowing what's coming up later in the season. I find it interesting the ratings for season five have been good so far and there were multiple Danny/Flack scenes in every episode (as well as the apparent lack of shippy drama). Danny and Flack keep the viewers in the yard, it seems. :cool:

As for Lindsay, she was bearable in this one. Her scene with Flack wasn't as forced and unnatural as the Laughing Larry one, but yeah, her delivery left a lot to be desired. The fake NYC accent was ... let's just say it was a really bad idea for her to do that next to a true blue NYC person with a true blue NYC accent, ya know? Obviously she did it to get a rise out of Flack but like all her demonstrations and explanations, it came off as attention-seeking way more than funny. What made the scene even remotely humorous was Flack. It was telling to me that immediately after Lindsay said her lines she walked out of the scene and the only reaction we saw was Flack's. Flack was pretty much her prop there. And I agree with whoever said it seemed like she was just reading her lines off the script. You could tell it was Anna Belknap trying to be Lindsay trying to be funny, rather than Lindsay deliberately pretending to be some outraged NYC woman.

If you want genuine, natural banter, just look at the way Danny and Flack played off each other in the episode. Particularly that silicone line. :lol: Now that's effective playing off of each other and making use of the chemistry between them.

And Adam, he was adorable as always. :D It's good to know he'll be on the show for a long time to come.

P.S. I can't take Sinclair seriously sometimes, if only because every time he appears on screen with Mac, my brain goes, "BUBBA!"