Grade 'Sex, Lies and Silicone'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 22, 2008.

?

How would you grade Sex, Lies, and Silicone?

1. A+

23 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. A

35 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

After a week off, we have a new NY ep! What did you think? :cool:

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Flack is having so much fun with this. You can see it in his face.

Oh, and Lindsay totally made up for some of her annoying last season with that impromptu teasing of Flack. I cracked up. It's probably not as funny as it seems to me right now. (Criminal Minds was persistently creepy and dark humor, so I needed some actual funny moments.)

By the way, when I saw the evidence-lockup scene? I thought "Indiana Jones!"

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Typed while I was watching, then submitted. :)

~ Ah, I mis-transcribed the very beginning of that in the spoiler thread - it wasn't the victim looking down at their hands, it was someone else.

~ Danny, Flack and Mac - so pretty. ^_^

~ Oh hai Stella. :) No cleavage. :(

~ Ostrich skin looks pimply.

~ Chief Sinclair - whoopsie.

~ Intruder! GO, SID, GO! Don't you hurt my Sid, betch! :mad:

~ Budget issues. "It's the new reality, Taylor. Get used to it." Hmm...

~ Sinclair is avoiding the subject. :shifty:

~ Dumbass using someone else's credit card to buy an amp. :rolleyes:

~ "My rollerskates were giving me a blister." :rolleyes:

~ "I never thought I'd say this, but I got some hot hula hoop action..." :lol:

~ Mmm, Sheldon, you so sexy. :devil:

~ Aww, that face Danny just made was cute. Kind of pouty/constipated/unhappy little boy. :lol:

~ Dude is too young to have gone to school with Sheldon. Srsly. And Sheldon was a prodigy, so he was technically younger. :rolleyes:

~ Sheldon is so pretty when he smiles. ^_^

~ WTF? They supposedly figured out where she'd been living based on isotopes? Um, no. :wtf:

~ NEEDS MOAR ADAM - okay, I didn't expect him to be in this episode at all, so technically some is better than none, but all we got was a glimpse so far. :p

~ Dude, I spoke his name and he showed up.

~ Aww, baby, you're so fucking awkward. ^_^ You almost put her eye out, though, be careful. :p

~ They love that puzzle computer program.

~ Aww, Danny and Flack.

~ Yeah, betch, you thought Flack let Danny walk out of the room without keeping an eye on him? You got pwnd, foo!

~ Do people really say 'NYC'?

~ Also: Danny/Flack interrogation = Win!

~ Mmm, Flack is so sexy when he's commanding. :devil: Rawr!

~ Someone getting their hand on the flashdrive would cause fallout - FORESHADOWING?!

~ Oh Adam, you so smart, baby. ^_^

~ HAHAHAHA! He looked so dorky when he found the site about the sex dolls. Adam, you naughty boy. :lol:

~ HAHAHAHA, Flack! "What's your sign, girl?" :lol:

~ Hahaha, Flack is lingering in the back. :lol: He's horrid.

~ Oh dear, that's an interesting conversation right there - that's one you talk about at the bar later. :p

~ Ok, Anna's acting was bad in that scene. *cringe*

~ Oh, Adam. :lol: "Whoa." He's hilarious. I love you, Adam. :lol:

~ Removable tongue? Ick. :eek:

~ Danny and Flack = Awesome :D

~ Poor Sheldon, his friend is an asshole. :mad:

~ Lots of Danny and Flack this time. :D

~ HOLY SHIT, SHELDON! :eek:

~ Aww, baby's testing his own evidence - I'm not surprised that he kept it to himself. *pet pet*

~ In the doll? Clever, but ew.

~ Aw, Sheldon's such a good guy. *hugs*

~ DAMNIT, THIS SHOW NEEDS MORE MANHUGS!

~ Mac pwns you, foo!

~ *makes blinking sign* Fore-sha-dow-ing.

~ Sheldon is so badass. He was lookin' all pimptastic just then in his sunglasses. I want to do unspeakable things to him.

~ "Just be sure you give your dad that check before you get hauled off to jail." YOU BETTA RECOGNIZE, FOO!

~ Aww, poor Sinclair - nice scene with him and Mac. *hugs them both* This show seriously needs more manhugs.

~ I knew they'd be indicating that trouble would be coming up with that flashdrive (hello, obvious foreshadowing throughout the episode was obvious), but I didn't think they'd show it being taken at the end. :eek:

Preview: :lol: Also - STELLA! :eek:

Overall, a very good, fun episode with some good character moments for Sheldon and Sinclair. The only part that made me cringe was Anna's delivery in that scene where she yelled on the street, but the scene itself was still funny in spite of her delivery.

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Wow, I really disagree. I think Anna did great and she looked great too. Apparently we don't agree. Anna/Lindsay is so underused, they need to do more with her. Her and Flack=hilarious! :lol:

Great episode! Flack was so funny and Eddie looked like he was having a real good time with these scenes. The "Hey girl, what's your sign?" was a bit too much, cheesy Flack! :lol: Flack and Danny as always play well off each other. You can tell they are good friends and in real life too so I think it plays on that.

Sheldon's part almost bored me to tears. I liked the ending but haven't we already done the tampering with evidence thing back in season 1? I know it's different but please! I agree that his friend seemed way too young.

Mac was great complaining about the budget cuts. That is absolutely crazy! Why would you cut on security when there's evidence in that lab? That would bring into question all that is done there!

So are these doll things for real? I'm guessing yes but weird!

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I really liked the episode.
    It seemed to have a lot more humor in it than normal, and I always enjoy a good laugh. Actually, at one point I had just taken a drink of water and almost spit it out at something that Flack had said. :lol:

Flack was also acting extremely sexy tonight, as was Danny. :devil:
    Adam seemed to be a bit more shall I say "awkward" than he normally is. Sorry, it's true.

This whole thing about life sized, realistic dolls kind of creeps me out a little... Especially since the guys who had them talked and acted like the dolls were real people. Apparently there must be something to them that is beyond me. :confused:

Anyways, good episode. Can't wait until next week's!

6. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

This was a great eppie!

Flack and the dolls was hysterical as was Adam when he walked in on Stella and Lindsay!

The dolls kind of reminded me of this manga series I read called Chobits. In it, people own computers called persocomms that are human-like. They have replaced human interaction for some people.

The perp, Devon Gummersall, used to be on My So-Called Life.

Poor Sheldon, what an awful thing his friend did. I'm glad he paid back that money because now he can wash he hands of that whole family.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

My main comment is "go Sheldon"...I liked the storyline with him even if it was slightly repetitive.

I just know the flash drive is gonna pop up in a later ep...wait and see.

8. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

I liked it, this season has not disappointed me yet, and it is the highlight of my school week, but the episode kept me laughing,which is always great.

was waiting for the dolls, my own fault for reading spoilers, must stop doing that, but yea, poor sid, hasn't he been through enough in the past few weeks, but hey now he has another story to add to his creepy place

the chief pisses me off, but i think thats the point, felt bad for him in the end, seriously you don't tell your wife, i wouldn't want to know, ignorance is bliss people.

Mr. Scissor hands serious Johnny Depp happiness, even the guy aint johnny.

Hawkes friend, yea he looks young, but a lawyer, he can afford a little nip tuck, he's TOO PRETTY to be a nice guy.

Hawkes still reminds me of a big teddy bear has since Murder at grand central. him and franklin could be twins ;)

Adam and his awkwardness i love, a kid in one of my classes actually said can you touch her in class today and i had an adam flash from previews, kept a smile on my face all day, thats a feat.

So much for NY dress code from season 1, not that i'm complaining, danny likes his sneakers. 'you sister,' haha,

i'm sure adam wants the perfect woman by that smirk on his face, aw

Flack was checking out the girlies, oh well, he's still gorgeous. 'ladies'
    poor guy is trying not to laugh

the lindsay moment made me laugh, very when harry met sally, i would like to see flacks payback, i'm sure he has something good up his sleeve. that or lindsay will eh hem in a restaurant, lets hope it doesn't come to that. i like lindsay enough but....

ADAM LIKES RED HEADS!!!!

'Danny, silicone!'

THEY BEAT UP MY TEDDY BEAR!!!!!!

Danny's concerned, he wasn't there to save hawkes this time =(
    HAWKES IS STILL THE BESTEST, no corruption!
    $22,000 for his last year of med school, man i pay more then that and i'm an UNDERGRAD!!! in INDIANA NO LESS.

oh well, after all that the flash drive still gets taken, what chunky white man has it, or at least that's what i think when i see the hand, can you say sweeps.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

:rommie::guffaw::lol: I just love your recaps, Faylinn. They brighten my Wednesday nights. Plus they can make even the dullest CSI: NY episode-(Page Turner)-seem interesting, even funny. Tonight you just made a good episode even better.

I thought this episode was the best season 5 episode since Veritas. That's why I'm giving this episode an A. Veritas is still the very best season 5 episode thus far. Next week's episode looks promising...but that's a post for the spoiler thread. Back to this episode. I loved the scene where Sid was trying to catch that intruder in the morgue. I was like "Get him, Sid!!!" There towards the end of the episode when Chief Sinclair was in Mac's office. At the end of Mac and Chief Sinclair's conversation, I actually felt bad for Chief Sinclair. I think Mac did too. Not saying why, for those who haven't seen it yet and don't like spoilers. I love spoilers, myself. But...that's just me. Well, I just ran out of anything else to say.
    Once again, Faylin, I love your recaps.:thumbsup:
    And once again, I'm giving this episode an A. :thumbsup:
    Now if everyone will excuse, I gotta vote. I'm voting A.:cool:

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think the acting was purposely bad in the Lindsay-teasing-Flack scene. It was exaggerated, but it felt like it was supposed to be.

Oh, and Adam's so awkward. I loved that scene with the doll. "Can I touch her?" "Adam." "I'm going."

11. Faylinn

Apparently.

Another thing we disagree on. In this case, we saw that Sheldon wasn't willing to compromise himself or the evidence*, and that he offered up the information to Mac even when he didn't have to. He showed his strength of character and proved that he is nobody's fool.

Sheldon is severely underused, they need to do more with him.

* Or even think about it, as Aiden did in season 2 - granted, those were very different circumstances, but that just underscores that while evidence tampering was the common factor here, the situations were totally different. These shows can only do so many unique and different things - it's how they handle them that makes the difference. I don't think we've seen any of our team members asked to compromise evidence by a so-called "friend" and get beaten up for it - and then get the chance to turn around and prove to that friend that they aren't to be bought or intimidated. Sheldon kicked ass. :D

Oh yeah, definitely. I think they're called "RealDolls". There's a male one, too. Actually, the one I saw looked kinda like Gary Sinise. It creeped me out a bit, to be honest. :lol:

Aww, thanks. :)

Hmm, I dunno. Flack/Eddie didn't seem to be exaggerating. To me, it just sounded like Lindsay was reading from a script page in drama class. *shrug*

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Ok, that's freaky! :lol:

13. Faylinn

Yep. The things you find on Google... :lol:

14. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I would say that's because Flack wasn't supposed to be exaggerating. Lindsay was being sarcastic and drawing attention to the doll. I thought she pulled it off perfectly, as it was supposed to be loud and to draw attention. Flack just walked along and went with the flow.

I liked the ep, but I thought the reason for the murder was kind of dumb. It could've been different. However, I like that there is a crazy storyline picking up with this lurking in the shadows man. Can't help but love those plots.

15. Faylinn

Eh, po-tay-to, po-tah-to, I guess.