Danny's Glasses??? *Possibly the Most Minor Spoiler Ever*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 18, 2008.

?

Danny without his glasses?

1. Say it ain't so!

67 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Bring on the new look!

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. He's sexy either way.

42 vote(s)
    32.6%
  4. This is me not caring.

13 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: Like always I cannot decide. What a surprise. :lol: I voted 'he's sexy either way'. I like both.

2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Say it ain't so! As a glasses-wearer who's been told: "You would look so much better if you got contacts", I really hate when a character has their appearance 'improved' by losing the glasses, and the implications of such a change (yet more people refusing to wear their glasses, thinking people who wear them are ugly, etc).

3. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I voted Say it ain't so! I love him with the glasses. I like when he's emotional, and takes them off for a minute, then puts them back on. There's just something about a guy in glasses......

I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old. I got contacts when I was 19. I wear either one, depending on my mood, how I'm feeling (NEVER wear my contacts when I'm sick), etc. If you have the right frames, glasses look really good on you (well, anyone who wears them!).

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Promo pics from 508 also show Danny without his glasses. Did he sit on them??? :scream: We might have to start a "Bring Back Danny's Glasses" thread. :(

5. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Or some kind of grass roots campaign (spare parts from glasses-repair kits maybe?)!

6. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Pardon my pun, but perhaps a "glass-roots" campaign? :p

I know, it's not that funny, but hey, I tried!

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Hmm... Well as for with or without his glasses... I think that he is extremely sexy either way... I loved him without his glasses in 5.02, I was like :drool: for the whole ep, but he looks great with them on too, so I don't mind, he looks gorgeous either way IMHO. :D

8. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

Carmine is a gorgeous creature without his specs - no doubt about it, but Danny should always wear his glasses - except when he sleeps or is crying (most episodes anyway yes? :lol:)
    Danny without them? I just..I don't even know..So Wrong multiplied by Forever..(D - G = SW x F) :confused:

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Danny without his glasses? no, no, no. Danny's style is glasses. i personally think that he looks great either but Danny must be with glasses, Carmine can do whatever he likes.

10. RTF

RTF Civilian

Anyone have any idea what kind of frames those are and/or where somebody could get them?

11. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

He does look amazing either way, but I think that the glasses are part of his character. That slight touch of imperfection, or even geekiness. Whatever it is, they are DAMN sexy.
    I think's ironic that my grandmother and I both commented on his lack of glasses yesterday.
    Bring back the glasses!

12. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

At first when I noticed I wasn't wearing his glasses I was like "okay, that's cool. Mix it up a little now and then"
    But now I am starting to miss them. :(

Don't get me wrong, I think he looks gorgeous whether he has them on or not, but they were his trademark, like Horatio's shades or Flack's former leather coat. It just seems weird looking at him without them on his face anymore. Also, I always thought of the glasses as a way to distinguish between Danny the character and Carmine the person.

Oh well, he still looks sexy either way.:lol:

13. Lyra

Lyra Victim

OMG! The whole episode I kept saying that to my dad everytime I saw Danny.

"Where did his glasses go!?"

My dad said maybe he got contacts. XD. I liked his glasses. Glasses are awesome. I wear glasses and I love Danny's!

At first I was like, "Okay, did Danny break them or something? Shouldn't he NOT be on a crime scene if he can't SEE? I can forsee him getting in trouble for not wearing glasses to work!"

Then the contact thing came to me. XD.

Or maybe not. Maybe his eye sight isn't so bad. Me, I can't go anywhere without mine.

It was just funny seeing him without them.

14. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

Can't the poor guy own a pair or 2 of contacts?? :lol:

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^ I think at some point very early on, there was a comment made that people can't wear contacts in the lab because of the chemicals (since Danny didn't wear glasses in the first Miami crossover but he had them in the first actual NY episode).

When I see him on the show without the glasses, I feel like he should be squinting to see. :p