Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SaraStar, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

Sandle - The Ship of Hope.... I do hope, hope that we get some nice scenes between them.

I'm new here, hello from Germany! ;)

2. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey Billy, welcome to the thread! Help yourself to some Blue Hawaiian... it's nice to see new Sandle fans just before the new season. I'm looking forward to possible Sandle scenes and I'm hoping that Greg and Sara talk and maybe hug. *crosses fingers* I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

3. Salean

Salean Rookie

Eeee! I'm stupidly excited! And I won't even get to see it until tomorrow!

*jumps around*

Ahem. Calm now. Where was I?

Welcome Billy!

Yay, a comfort hug would be so great. (Yes, I know I've been wishing for angst so far in terms of explaining Greg's comment in 'You Kill Me', but hey, a hug would still be good. :) )

EDIT... Ok, that sentence ^ did not make any sense at all... but you guys know what I mean, right? I've been rambling about that subject for several pages now... :p

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

No worries, but thanks for reminding me about that... I've been wanting to hear an explanation from Greg. It's been on my mind for a while and something about the way he said it keeps bothering me. I hope TPTB lets him talk about later on in the season. Until then, I'm hoping for a Sandle reunion scene... *crosses fingers* Happy Sandle watching, guys!

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

You guys, I'm crying.

I was holding back tears until Greg and Sara hugged... and then I started sobbing. And then Greg said he wanted to help her and she said she'd like that and I was full on bawling. I miss this ship. :( And this episode is so soo sad. I'll edit my post if there's more Sandle but I just had to post.
    *hugs everyone*

6. Salean

Salean Rookie

I cried as well. :( (Which was kinda bad, because I was watching it this morning and it finished about 10 minutes before I had to go to a lecture... :rolleyes: )

I'll keep this in a spoiler box just to be on the safe side.

So it didn't have what I was hoping for in, but I really didn't mind. This episode was definitely one of my favourites, just for the new territory that it moved the original CSI into. As I was watching it, I realised that this team of CSIs is the only team in the CSI franchise that haven't had to deal with the death of someone major on the team. Correct me if I'm wrong there. So seeing the other CSIs reactions was very moving, and I thought the actors did a great job. I especially felt for (and I never, ever thought that I would say this) Grissom. Now, this is unusual because I really don't like main characters very much... but Grissom just seemed so lost throughout most of the episode, and seeing him sitting on the floor in the alley with his shirt covered in blood really moved me. And his speech at Warrick's funeral, as well. Seeing him break down and start crying whilst he was up there talking, you could really tell just how much he will miss Warrick. I'm glad that the relationship between the two, and the way that Grissom relied on Warrick in so many ways, was tributed. If I had to say something bad about this episode, it would be that the whole 'Warrick has a son' thing wasn't really explored at all, but I do realise that it was probably due to time constraints and things. It would have been an interesting path to go down.

But onto the Sandle side of it.

Yeah, as I said, what I was hoping for wasn't explained. But I'm absoloutly fine with that. I burst into tears during the hug too sandersidle, and it seemed to me that Sara was gripping Greg as if she was looking for something to hold on to. (That could just be me, though.) And then we got the two of them, as we have seen so many times in previous seasons (ok, mainly season 5), going through the victims house. I started crying again when Greg found that picture of them all. I love the way that Sara lets Greg in a bit, and that she shows she still has that implicit trust in him that we've seen before. That little exchange about the bed clothes broke my heart a little bit... It almost seemed as if she was trying to justify to Greg why she left.

Oh, and also...

I would just like to add that I love the change that we can see in Greg through these two episodes. There was once a time when Greg was so in awe of everybody else on the CSI team, when he was still learning what being a CSI entails, and it would mean that he would just take what they said as law. What I liked in 'For Gedda' and 'For Warrick' is that we see him almost playing the devil's advocate in the team scenes. In 'For Gedda' he points out to everyone that all the evidence is pointing to Warrick, and to the judge, it's going to look like Warrick is at fault. In 'For Warrick' he shoots down the evidence of the knuckle prints because they're too unspecific. To me, it shows how much he has grown and how much he cares for Warrick (and the rest of the team in general). He knows how high the stakes are now, and he isn't going to let anyone go in with half-formed evidence. He realises that this needs to be done right, and even if pointing things like that out get him in trouble with the rest of the team (like with Nick in 'For Gedda') he also knows that it is necessary. The way he handles this is a credit to his character and his character's relationship with Warrick.

Ok, I'm going to shut up now. Got a bit carried away, there. But there is just so much to say about this episode!

7. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

I cried, too. But I'm glad that we finally got some scenes with Sara and Greg together. I hope these are not the last ones.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

So did I. Hi all, just dropping in to let you know there are high defination screen shots of last night's episode on EricSzmandaWeb. click here

Also if you go to the spoiler thread there is a link to next weeks promo which looks like there are some great Greg/Sara moments. Or go to CBS.

thank you and goodnight

9. Salean

Salean Rookie

I just saw that promo Wojo! Well, I saw the shorter one first and I was thinking to myself 'odd, there's not Greg' and then I saw the longer one and I just about fell out of my seat.

Just in case any of you haven't seen the longer promo, or can't for whatever reason, here's the news: we've known for a while now that this episode would be dealing with the rape victim and her husband that Sara became fairly emotionally involved with in one of the early season. In the promo, Greg is shown walking through the hospital, and the detective that worked with Sara is giving him the details of the case, with Sara standing next to him. Methinks it could be a good episode for us Sandle fans.

Oh, and thanks for letting us know about the screenshots Wojo.

10. stephanie

stephanie Victim

This episode does showcase what Sara's relationship with Grissom is lacking. Greg is the person who listens to Sara. I believed he knew she was going to leave. I loved how he was the only one who voluteered to help Sara with the funeral, becaue he knew she souldn't have to go to Warrick's house by herself. I aslo, loved there converstion about making the bed. When he looks at her you know that he understands she is not back for good. I always believed that if Greg and Sara were together he would have left with her. I think that's why he was so mad at Grissom. Not that Sara left but the Grissom stayed.

11. Salean

Salean Rookie

Ok. I am aware that I've posted three times in one day (when I really should have been reading these sonnets that I have to get through by monday) but I just thought I'd put this up before I forget.

The updated Sandle Moments list! I realised that it hadn't been updated since the strike, but to my recollection there haven't been any Sandle moments between then and the season premiere, have there? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll keep this under a spoiler cut, just in case, since it has the moments from 9x01. (Again, if I've missed something there or got something wrong, feel free to change it or let me know.)

EDIT: Ok, I'd forgotten what massive formatting issues this list presents. I'll try to work through it as quickly as I can.

Other EDIT: Yay, it's done! For once, I'm actually not grateful for how many Sandle scenes we've had over the years...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Thanks so much for the screencaps, Wojo! I tried the link for the promo but it said it was expired. >.<

I'm excited for next week. Like stephanie said, Greg has been the one there for her the whole time. He was the one that listened to her in the locker room, and I believe he knew she was going to leave too. Greg definitely would have left with her. He wouldn't let her go off by herself.

And now for a trip down Memory Lane, Sandle hug style:

Dead Ringer: When Sara was running the relay and Greg grabbed her and swung her around.

Who Shot Sherlock: When Greg passed his proficiency test and she was the first one to hug him.

And For Warrick: "I'm glad you're here." 'Nuff said. Plus there's a hovering Grissom who looks irritated in the background which makes it even more enjoyable. :D

Credit: Eric-Szmanda.net for the caps.

13. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Hiya Guys! :D

Sorry I've been MIA for a while but I've been busy with school.

I actually haven't watched the premiere yet and I'm trying my best to stay spoiler free.

But from the mood of the thread I believe the episode was a good one for Sandle (nope I didn't click on the spoiler boxes or the screencap links).

I'll be back later :)!

*hugs everyone*

14. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Hi Billy and welcome. You may want to check out the rules located here.

I hope you enjoy yourself here!

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh my god, Sandle shippers are back! *does happy dance* About time you guys popped up... hope to see you guys here more often. By the way Frankenstein, I love your avatar... curse my obsession with Halloween! Hey, think there'll be a Halloween Sandle episode? I'd love to see something like that. *shakes head* Anyways about yesterday's episode...

I came close to crying and I'm not one to cry easily... that hug really got to me. Not to mention he said "It's good to have you back." I noticed that he was the only one who said it. And is it just me or did the hug between Greg and Sara last a second longer than the other hugs? There are a lot of Sandle moments that I love, but the one that really stuck with me was what Sara said to Greg at Warrick's place. I doubt anyone else knows that little detail about him and it really solidifies Greg's position as her best friend. *crosses fingers* Let's hope for much more...

I saw the promo for the next episode, but I never saw anything about Greg and Sara at the hospital. I think they have different promos here in Canada. Anyways, I'm a little scared 'cause they only showed Sara in bed with Grissom. Luckily they both had clothes on... but I hope that there'll be some Sandle scenes to go along with it.