Flack #8 - Flack, Don Flack

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

^Oh you captured my favorite part of last nights episode! I loved how Adam kind of shuffled in and looked so scared. :lol: Totally cracked me up.

Did we know for sure whether Flack Sr. was even alive before last night's episode? I was got the idea that he wasn't alive but I guess I was wrong on that point. And I thought Flack had brothers too? What was it that he talked about? Fighting over dinner with his brothers? :confused:

2. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Hey, I love to be the amusement park at Talk CSI. Whaaaat uuupp...? :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I found this great song: John Meyer "Say What You Need To Say"

Kinda reminds me of our officer and gentleman........

Take all of your wasted honor
    Every little past frustration
    Take all of your so-called problems
    Better put them in quotations

Say what you need to say
    Say what you need to say
    Say what you need to say

Walking like a one man army
    Fighting with the shadows in your head
    Living out the same old moment
    Knowing you’d be better off instead
    If you could only

Say what you need to say
    Say what you need to say
    Say what you need to say

Have no fear for giving in
    Have no fear for giving over
    You better know that in the end
    It’s better to say too much
    Than never to say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
    And your faith is broken
    Even as the eyes are closing
    Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say.

Nuff said.....

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

You're welcome, ladies! ;)
    Agreed. I would so love to see the whole family, I just don't know under what circumstances. I still have to think of one though! :lol: Flack's interaction with Sam was so real and believable.

Hahaha, he's such a good looking guy that as you put it, he can pretty much get away with bloody murder! :lol:

I love the interaction with Adam. Such great turns on their parts.

Now we know that old man Flack is alive. The impression I got from season 4's Time's Up is that Mama Flack is the one that might have passed on already. What do you guys think?

4. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

CSINYMIA000, you are quite entertaining. :lol:

Well, I assumed he was alive and retired or something. I can't exactly say why I assumed that. I think something probably was said back in the first season that gave me that idea. If I only knew what was said, who said it and when it was said....:shifty:

Edit:
    I'm not sure. The way Flack talked about his mother in that eppie could mean she's dead but it could also mean that he for some reason doesn't visit his folks anymore.

5. eveninstarz14

^Well if that was the case it seems like Flack Sr. and Flack Jr. are always working together to keep Sam out of trouble so I think he still is on good terms with the parents. Or father at least. I hope they clarify the mother situation as well.

I find it kind of bizarre with the introduction of Flack's family, they make no mention of the fact that was Flack was in the hospital for an explosion. I think it would of been nice to see some sort of reference to it. Maybe I am asking for too much?

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Woohoo! New Flack, new Flack! Thanks for the caps mandy and AppleJack! Can't wait to see more!

I don't think we saw enough of Flack last night but what we did was great. He's a great overprotective brother, played the part so well. (Doesn't Eddie have younger siblings in real life?) It's a great dynamic and hope to see more of it. Adam telling Flack about the car first was really sweet of him. I liked the scene where Flack was talking on the phones and practically yelling at the morons on the phone. :) I didn't see any Flack in previews for next week, hope he's in a lot. Hope we get a Flack-centric episode this season too!

7. togo_girl21

togo_girl21 Prime Suspect

I hope we see more Flack next week, and I hope we see some more shirtless scenes. Yummy.:drool:

8. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Does anyone have that ET video? And, is it the one with Carmine?? I've looked everywhere for it!

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

In S1 The fall, Flack's former partner asks how his father is and Flack says he's 'the same', so presumably alive then.
    As for the brothers, in the ep with the time machine in S3 (?) Flack said he'd use a time machine to go back for a family dinner and that he'd 'put up with all of his brothers insults just for one of his mother's meals'. (don't know if he meant brothers singular or plural).
    The impression I got from that wish was that his mother is dead. Plus, if she was alive, surely Samantha would have asked Flack not to tell their parents, rather than just their father.

10. togo_girl21

togo_girl21 Prime Suspect

you have to go to Enterntainment Tonight online. Just keep clicking ," next page" until you see "ET goes to Jersey City for CSI:NY." You'll see Gary Sinise's picture.

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I loved Flack in this ep especially Big Brother Flack :D I thought that Adam/Flack scene was just great- too cute :D

12. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I pretty much agree with this theory of yours cein. I know if it were me in Sam's position I'd be begging my big bro not to tell the parental units if Mom was still alive.

Although another possible scenario could be that old man Flack is just way too strict and scary and Mama Flack knowingly keeps Sam's, or any of her children's indiscretions from old man Flack, to protect them from his wrath or disapproval?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  13. eveninstarz14

I think in most cases you don't want to tell the father and/or mother about yet another disappointment your sibling does. Sometimes even the opposing parent will take the side of the child regardless of what your spouse says. Which is exactly what mandy said in clearer terms than me :lol:

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

So I wonder, is mama Flack alive? Papa Flack is either ver strict or the don't want to let him down. So has Sam always been working at that bar? Why don't we see any of Flack's family? Especially Don Flack Sr. since he was one of the best cops. I'm sure he's retired now. That must give Flack a lot to live up to. I wonder how that affects his work.

Sharing a pic from the latest episode, this is when Flack was talking to Sam at the bar/club.

[​IMG]

15. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Awwww..he's soo cute:adore::adore::adore::adore: My heart melts when I see him.

It definatly be awsome if we could meet more Flack's.LOL:lol:

Yeah , definatly.I think he's doing a good job of it. There's probably "tough love" between him and his father. But, it gave Don a backbone, made him strong, and independent.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.