Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I definitely think last night finally did justice to the whole "triangle" concept. All of a sudden, we have evidence that what Calleigh and Jake had was deeper than it seemed, and that her feelings there were stronger than they seemed previously. I guess that's one of the hard things about procedurals -- we get so little of the inner life of the characters sometimes. I definitely see the latter part of last season in a different light knowing that Calleigh was still, for the most part, "with Jake," that she was still kind of waiting on him, and wondering, and worrying. It sheds some light on why she didn't move forward as much with Eric.

I also think the Calleigh/Jake scene creates a hiccup for E/C. Seeing Jake again, having him risk himself like that for her, knowing that he cares and still wants her is, I think, going to slow down the E/C progression a bit. Calleigh's gonna need to take some time to work through that, and I think right now what she really needs is her *friend* Eric. Which may be tricky for them, because I think Eric might TRY to be the best friend sounding board for her if she needs that, but they both know he can't be unbiased, especially when it comes to Jake. So poor Calleigh is kinda left on her own, as usual, to deal with the fallout of this relationship, and I think she'll need some more time to process now before she moves ahead with Eric.

Oh, the angsty drama! haha

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I totally agree with this. I mean, the Jake they showed last was a totally different character. The Jake we are used to is arrogant, cocky and kind of silly. So if they had done this before it would've felt more of a triangle. BUT...I still think that it's too little too late and that trust is still a very important issue to Calleigh. So I wouldn't have been too happy if he had just dissapeared like that without saying at least: I have to go undercover again. So not a letter, not a phone call, or any indication whatsoever it's just not fair to Cal.

How this is going to affect EC I honestly don't know, but what I can say is...

I saw a scene of one of the future episodes over at the spoiler thread (I think it was the one with Eric's shrink) and EC were talking and they were just smiling and looking at each other all flirty and not so friendly like. So even if we don't get a relationship right away (which we new wouldn't happen anyway) we still can get these really cute flirty scenes that we love so much ;).

So I still think EC's bond is really strong, they care a lot about each other and even though it's taking some time it'll still happen.

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Looking back now over the last few eps as far as E/C interraction goes, it does make sense that Cal and Eric didn't move forward b/c of the opened ended relationship between her and Jake. What we saw was part of her knew where he was and another part, the part that cares deeper for Eric and wants to be with him surfaced, if only for a few moments.

I think the fact that Eric will be there for her will help them in the long run. Jake, everytime they seem to work things out, ie a relationship) he either leaves or does something stupid to jepordize that. However, knowing that Eric will always be there for her to help through thick and thin, no matter what, I think, will help their relationship in the end.

While she will need time to process what transpired with Jake, she was already growing closer to Eric when he was absent. I think in some way she worked out that they could never have a 'real' relationship b/c, as she said last night, it wouldn't be fair to her to always wonder if he was alive or dead and if she would even know should the latter happen. So part of her moved on at some point last season when he disappeared. As Emily has said in interviews, Cal is attracted to the 'bad boy' image that Jake represents and part of her will always want him. What will happen now, IMO, is we will see a growth in Cal to relaize that the 'bad boy' is not what is best for her and the thing/man she needs has in right in front of her and has been for a long time. It is going to take a while before anything substantial happens but now that Jake is seemingly out of the picture, I think she will move on.

Also, how selfish of Jake was it to ask her to wait? I mean I could understand that he cares for her and he wants her to understand that but I felt like that since he got her the guns and now has target on his back she is supposed to wait until it is all clear for them to be together again. You could really see in that scene, in her repsonse to his request, that in some way she has moved on. I think, before she and Eric grew a little closer and went through everything they went through last season she might have opted to wait but not anymore.

All in all it was a really good ep and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It answered alot of questions from last season, the biggest being H and opened some new doors (not big ones) with Saris MIA and all. We got Jake closure (at least for now). So overall they were consistent; surprisingly.

Where did you see the clip????

Anyway, I totally agree. That ep looks to be really interesting as far as E/C is concerned. I just hope the writers handled it correctly b/c it has sooo many possibilities. ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's from TV Guide's fall TV preview. They show a small scene while saying that Delko's and Calleigh's sizzling chemistry will continue to be explored. The conversation is not heard so it's just their expressions. You can see it in minute 1:47 I think. clip Scenes like this one make me happy :).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  5. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Victim

Hey all I am new to CSI Miami just discovered it this summer well finally decided to watch and I love it can't wait to get the DVDs. I like this ship they seem to really care for each other

6. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Welcome PoundPuppy29. The more the merrier on this ship I always say! ;)

Now, about last night, I was struck by the depth of Jake's feelings for Calleigh. If they had given him that much emotional range the entire time they were together then the "triangle" would have been so much better. I think Cal will need time to heal now that she has had resolution with Jake, but Eric will continue to wait. :)

Wait a minute... Why aren't there more great guys like Eric out there?:rolleyes:

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Welcome, poundpuppy29!

I just watched the epi... I said at the 'Resurrection' thread that in moments like this I wanted to be a JC shipper. That scene was really cute if you look at it separately from the whole sixth season. Johnny and Emily both did a great job. I can understand Calleigh for being sad, because Jake was her first love, they have a history together and everything, but I don't think that means he's the love of her life. I still believe that Eric is the one for her. He is there for her constantly.

Exactly what I was thinking. And I have a feeling that Calleigh realizes that, as well. In a way, maybe that's the reason she didn't give him a new chance (third? fourth?). Sometimes we are sad for losing someone we used to love even if we don't love that person anymore. Now, all we have to do is sit and wait for some hot, smexy EC scenes...

I must say one more thing, I would hate to see Calleigh and Eric getting together, just so that Cal could leave him for Jake or something like that. Once Eric and Cal get together, I want her to keep showing him how much she loves him, because I can imagine him being insecure about her feelings for him. So, even if Jake comes back, I want Calleigh to keep the distance.

8. delkolover

I highly doubt the writers would do that. They have invested too much into this ship to do something like that. They started the triangle, played out best they could given JW's availability, and now, at least seemingly, have ended it. They finally and actually took a storyline full circle; a love triangle to bring E/C closer/together. Now that it is has ended they can start/continue the bigger storyline which has been ongoing for years; E/C.

If after the ending with Jake, the writers don't work or even get E/C together then having had a triangle in the first place is/was incredibly stupid and a waste of everyone's time. If anything, I think our chances of E/C happening have greatly increased....now it is only a matter of time and waiting for it.

As for the slightest possibly of Eric and the new M.E......I highly doubt it will happen. Another triangle would be so repetative and boring. We already know where Eric stands with his feelings for Cal even if we only get a glimpse into them every third or fourth ep. He flirts and more than likely wants to make her feel welcome. It is possible that there might be lingering feelings but nothing major. Also, it would another stupid idea to send Eric backwards and have him sleep/start a relationship with the "new girl."

The writers will of course make us think that there might be something going on b/c everything can't be wine and roses and of course there has to be some angst; especially on the part of the viewers!!! ;)

9. SomewhereApart

I have a feeling they'll end up bringing Jake back once Calleigh and Eric are together and settled. To shake things up a bit and keep them "dramatic."

10. delkolover

Of course...I would expect nothing less from these writers. And at that point, we will have full closure on the E/C/J triangle as well as J/C. We have closure on J/C in some ways now but that would seel the deal. If anything, I think it might be the first real speed bump, or one of, that the E/C relationship has to deal with. Who knows, when and if Jake comes back he could be the reason that the E/C is discovered by everyone else in the lab. ;)

Although, I don't see that happening as much as I do the situation simply being a speed bump. I could see Jake coming back needing help from Cal and the team and him maybe hoping they could try again only to find out that she and Eric are together. Something along those lines should Jake return at some point.

11. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I have to say, I think that the triangle is now officially over. When I say that, what I mean is I don't think that we will see Jake again. But whether or not Calleigh is going to want to start a relationship with Eric anytime soon is beyond me.

I was reading an article or a review on last nights episode or something, but anyway, it said that Calleigh and Jake said their permanent goodbyes to each other. That is why I think the triangle is over and we won't see him again.

Sure, Eric has already been waiting for her for quite awhile, and considering the circumstances I think he'll keep waiting, but after last nights scene between Calleigh and Jake..I didn't realize how deep their feelings really were for one another.

It was sort of selfish of Jake to ask Calleigh to wait for him after he just completely left without telling her last season. But at least we now understand why Calleighs relationship with Eric didn't move forward so much.. because she was waiting for Jake. I have to admit though, it was nice to see Calleigh's response when Jake asked if she would wait. She actually seemed human and she was actually showing emotion and sharing how she felt about the situation.

If Jake had been that way when they first introduced him into the series, I honestly think I would have probably been a shipper of Jake and Calleigh. He really redeemed himself and seemed like a different person. If you remember in the episode Going Under when he was being interrogated by Calleigh he told her he couldn't step out for her. But then here he was in last nights episode completely willing to risk his life for her. It was sweet.

Calleigh and Jake do have major history and she did seem a bit upset lastnight with the break-up, which is completely understandable. So I'm hoping that Eric will just be there for her as he always has been as a best friend and then hopefully they can move forward into a romantic relationship. Calleigh pretty much just needs someone who is going to be there and isn't unpredictable, like Jake is. So I really do have hope for Eric and Calleigh now. I can't wait to see what else is going to be happening this season.

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

While I agree Jake was somewhat selfish in asking Calleigh to stick around and wait for him after he apparently didn't tell her he was going undercover and would be gone for a long while, I don't think she was waiting for him and thus not moving forward in a relationship with Eric. I mean, if your boyfriend took off without telling you where he was going, or if he couldn't, that he was going undercover and would be gone for a while, would you stay with him? I can't see Calleigh putting up with that. Again.

I believe Jake and Calleigh's relationship was, for Calleigh, over a while ago. Or at least she was moving away from that relationship while he was gone, and moving forward in deepening her relationship with Eric. Not that this was a conscious decision on her part, but one she made gradually without really analyzing it. Jake was gone, Eric was there... and with what she was going through in Ambush, All In, Going Ballistic, it was natural that she gravitated toward Eric, deepening their relationship and taking her further away from staying with Jake. So, when he came back it was not a hard decision for her to say 'no' she wouldn't wait for him, that it would be too hard for her to never know where he was and if he was okay. She didn't hesitate to give him that answer. At all. I don't mean to say she didn't love him anymore, or wasn't affected in any way about the end of their relationship, just that she'd really, at least internally, made that decision a while ago.

13. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Well, when I said that Calleigh was waiting for Jake it was because Calleigh did tell him that she felt like she already had been waiting for him the past few months when he was gone. And you're right, it was probably wasn't hard for her to say 'no' to Jake when asked her to wait. You could still tell that she was upset though. I don't think she regrets the decision at all, but I do think that she still has feelings for him. No matter how little or how much she feels for him now, I do think that those feeling are still there.

I don't think she turned down Jake because of Eric though, I honestly don't. She gave Jake an explanation of why she couldn't/wouldn't be with him anymore and it sounded completely like honest and from her heart.(that sounds cheesy, but it's true.) I'm not saying that Eric didn't play any part in that decision though.. I just don't think he was the main reason. You're right though, they did get much closer when Jake was away.. which pulled her away from Jake a little bit. I mean, Eric was there for her when she was going through drama, like being abducted in All In, and she had no idea where on earth Jake was. So like I said in a previous post, she needs someone who is going to be there and Eric is always there. So he's the obvious choice.:)

14. SomewhereApart

As promised, my E/C post-ep fic for last night's episode is up on ff.net.

I've gotta say that I'm really excited for next week's ep. I'm hoping there will be more E/C interaction. Do you guys think that we'll ever get an onscreen E/C reference to Calleigh and Jake's breakup?

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

This is CSI Miami so I doubt it, but I would like to see that.

About Jake being sweet in 'Resurrection', I agree, he was, but I just can't forget that he did leave her because of his job... Again. And Eric is the guy who would have transfered to the night shift for her.

EDIT: I've just remembered new credits... This is the pic that Florry posted on Emily/Calleigh thread.

Calleigh on credits

Eric is right behind her and she has that 'I want you so much' look on her face.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.