Mac #6: Unbuttoned...

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MacsLady, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

One mooorrrrreeeee :D

[​IMG]

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Hehe, yeah, H is over the top but I can't help but love him. But Mac is definitely the most compelling. He's the one with the best back story too and the best potential for development, and he's the one who has been given some flaws too, which really rounds him out and makes him more realistic as a character.
    And he is BY FAR the hottest of 'em all!:devil:
    Gotta run, H is on C5!

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Whoa!!! what promo pics! :drool::drool::drool::drool:
    Thanks a lot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'd give 10 to those in front pics! and to that behind one 10 and half! ;) It's sooo:drool::drool::drool:
    I quess it's not really possible to give 10 and 1/2 but I'll say his "assets" can make a difference! :devil::devil::devil:

4. Jimenez

Jimenez Prime Suspect

5. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I've been away for a while (work) so I haven't had a chance to look at the last couple of pages. Those pictures, especially the promo and lab coat ones, are HOT :drool::drool:

6. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

God, I love that expression on his face :drool::drool::drool: like WTF :guffaw:Thanx for finding it Nat :D I'm stuck now :devil::devil::devil:

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Thanks for the hot pics, Jimenz. Mac is indeed incredible in s1!
    Tequesta, it's good to have you back!

I have a question. We know Mac was in the Marines, and served in Lebanon in 1983. It says on Wikipedia that he probably served in the Gulf too, and in CoTP, I think his military record said he left in 1992, so it would fit that he was in the Gulf for a while.

I'm also guessing that Mac served as a 'grunt' - infantry man rather than in supply or something, because he got shot, right? That's where the injury was from in CoTP. He also recognized the young Marine's medals in Heroes, which suggests he has some himself- I wonder which ones? I know some medals they get for serving overseas, but others like the Purple Heart are for when they are wounded in combat. So Mac must have one of those - he was shot, and he was hurt in the barracks bombing too, I think.

My question is, do we know what rank he is, and what that rank 'means'? I'm sure he said that in '83 he was a 'young lieutenant' - but they have different grades of lieutenant in the Marines.

I really hope we learn more about Mac's time in the Marines at some point in the series, it's such a big part of his life, and he seems very proud of it, and it's something he wanted to do since he was a kid.
    And I'd love to see Mac in dress blues (he could go to a Marine reunion or funeral, maybe) or in his camoflage/desert gear in flashbacks.:drool: I know we've seen the pic in his office, but seeing it 'in the flesh' would be so hot!:devil:

8. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

This is quite an interesting topic. I think there's quite a few of us that would like to know more about Mac being a Marine; it's obviously what has shaped him into the kind of person that he is today.
    (Incidentally, I was reading a book the other day on military slang used during WW2, and 'Mac' means 'marine' :)).

And I too, would like to see more flashbacks where he's in uniform :devil:

I would also like to know more about his life with Claire. He doesn't talk about her very often, but when he does, it's clear that there's always going to be a lot of love there, no matter how many relationships he has. And he obviously dotes on Reed Garrett too, like he were his own son. I would like to see more interaction between them, too.

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Hey guys...Just incase you havent been in there...here are a few pics form the 100th celenbration...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Yep that Marine topic is so interesting! :bolian: I'd love to see some flash-backs the time when he was in Beirut etc. I'm sure that I'd look HOT there!:devil::drool::devil: Hmm...I remember that 2. season heroes ep now. He told Stella about that scar and we saw it! :drool::drool::drool: And something else also! ;)
    Anyway learning more about his time in a Marine would be great. Cause like MacsLady already said. It's still so big part of him! Which is definately NOT a bad thing! I've always thought that "army or marine guys" are so :drool::drool::drool:

Well I have to say that yesterday in here Finland was new CSI:NY ep.
    " a daze of wine and roaches"
    Great ep. I think. ;) Even though I think that I love almost every CSI:NY ep that I see. Only thing what matters is that I'll see Gary there! :lol:

Here's some pics. from the episode!
    [​IMG]
    Whoa what a view! you can see his beatiful neck soo well! :drool::drool::drool::drool:
    [​IMG]
    I just love when I does "that" like keep his hands on his waist! :drool::drool::drool:
    I dunno is it just me but my imagination goes overdrive always when he does that! :devil::devil::devil:
    [​IMG]
    Ou yeah.. Black...Mac..! :devil::devil::devil:
    [​IMG]
    And again...this man drives me crazy with his hotness!!!:evil::devil::evil:
    :drool::drool::drool::drool:

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

That's a cool coincidence! I definitely think what Mac experienced in the Marines plays a huge part in the kind of person he is today. I am reading a book about Marines at the moment, and apparantly the traits that are expected of Marine officers are: bearing, courage, decisiveness, dependability, endurance, enthusiasm, initiative, integrity, judgement, justice, loyalty, knowledge, tact and unselfishness - all of which I think Mac has. He especially holds integrity and justice in very high regard, and he is very loyal to his team, and is very smart too. I can't help wondering if he was a Marine officer, and this is what makes him the kind of leader he is to his team. I think the judgement thing is interesting too, Mac generally has excellent judgement though he has made some big mistakes in the past. I wonder whether the reason he is something of a perfectionist and worries about the mistakes he makes in judgement, comes from the Marines. Bad judgement as a CSI and team leader can cause problems for his career, but as a Marine he would have been taught that bad judgement gets your Marines killed.
    The Marines also prize leadership by example, and I think that is how Mac tries to lead his team. He just needs to accept/learn that he is as human as they are and as vulnerable to making mistakes.
    I can easily see Mac holding the position of an officer in the Marines, and leading a unit of men.
    Mac's respect for orders and the chain of command also comes from his time in the Marines, I think. The book mentions that in the Marines you are taught that you have to learn to take orders before you can give 'em.
    Mac does disobey orders, but only when he believes that they are getting in the way of a case, or are putting his team or his lab at risk, or are unjust - which I think shows his adjustment to civilian life.

Hehe, thought you might. Me too. He does look very nice in the photo in his office in his dress blues.:drool:

Yes, Mac clearly loved Claire a lot, you can see it in the way he gets when he talks about her. I think Reed is the perfect way for us to learn more about Mac and Claire's marriage.
    Also, if Mac gets involved in a relationship with someone again, it needs to be with a strong, independent woman who can show him how to love again and move on, but also someone who understands and accepts how important Claire was to him, and accepts Reed too.

12. thecreepyplace

thecreepyplace Hit and Run

LMAO!

13. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

As Macslady said on the Gary thread that we could do with a clean up around here due to possible slipping hazzards due to recent picture postings..

Warning maintenance crew at work!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. AngelTaylor

AngelTaylor Witness

I think we'll gonna need a pump... :lol:

15. Jimenez

Jimenez Prime Suspect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.