Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Whose avatar and banner are you referring too? If it is mine - last time I checked kissing is NOT NC-17.

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Especially when its come to two men.. no way... definitely NOT NC-17. Love when Mods come around just to put the board rule in our faces. No need to go after every our post. Time to time random posts happen, don`t think in this thread with spam intention.

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Is that considered good posting? I'm just kiddin'! :lol:

Question is will tptb write it that way. I don't want them to get together all of a sudden. It's been slow almost hibernate the last couple of seasons. I'd like for them to continue it slow, but not as slow as now. I want her to appear in way much more episodes. Here's to hoping!

6 days to go (7 for me) :drool:

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I am coming in here to try and keep this thread on track. A link to a vid with no discussion is not on topic discussion. We do this in all the threads. I don't see why you felt the need to make that statement regarding my avatar and banner. If you would like to discuss this more - please feel free to PM me.

Now let's get this thread back on topic. Thanks.

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I've been having trouble with this forum been messing up my posts. So Tati I'm not sure how that heppened.

Anyway I just am really excited about the new season now after that promo, but I don't want to get too excited. I can foresee there're lots of issues to address in that one season premiere. Let's hope tptb managed to sneak in some reall good H/Y moments, the ones with good dialouge and looks.

And Tati, I beg to differ! We've waited so long! This might just be the push H needs to get his butt into action! Something like asking her out on a date to thank her for her help would be a good start :D

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Alas, Hrockz, you're far too kind to H. What he needs to do, to make all this wasted time up to us - uh, I mean Y - is to be so thankful Saris didn't kill her that he realizes how much she means to him, takes her in his arms, and they share a long, passionate kiss! :luvlove: Oh, wait, that would have to mean TPTB actually understand emotions. Never mind...

7. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well it's just that, it's been so slow for so long and then suddenly they go in fast forward? I would find that a bit unrealistic. If it's suddenly so easy to get over what was bothering H all along, Yelina being his sister-in-law, then why didn't he do it much sooner? Or maybe why didn't he got a tad bit faster previously. The ask her on a date thing would be a good start yes, but having them kiss and make out wouldn't be :)

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Well maybe...

Seeing Y being held at gunpoint by Ron Saris is just the push that makes H snap, and realize that he needs to do something about his feelings for her. I mean being that close to losing her could make him forget about the whole "she's my sister-in-law" thing or whatever other hang-ups he has that's keeping him from Y.

But I agree, H isn't the overly emotional sort, so what we'd probably hope for that's not too out of character is H asking her out or showing some clear sign of his feelings for her. And then Y responds by kissing him, as in she makes the first move, but this time unlike in 'Big Brother' he doesn't turn his head so she kisses him on the lips instead of the cheek. :adore:

Well one can hope can't I? But with Miami's tptb, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I think I might get better luck with my other ship :luvlove:

9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I was being facetious re the make out session.

Well, they've released cast lists for up to 7x04, and things are going just like most of us expected: no Yelina, after the premiere. My worst fear: because SM has another hit series, TPTB are going to write Y out of the show. What if Saris actually does...no, I'm not going there; I tend to be too cynical. I've found it quite easy to change channels when Las Vegas goes into a GSR lovefest, so I suppose I will be able to wean myself from Miami if TPTB leave us with no hope for H/Y. :(

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I know, I was just taking it as an example of what I think is too fast too soon.

I don't know what I'd do if they write her out of the show. Most likely I would cry. It still is my favourite ship :adore:

11. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Remember when I first joined this ship, and it drove me crazy that events didn't make sense? Well, I finally realized that it never does, but now you all are trying to think logically about what might happen to H/Y from here. Will they, won't they, how far is too far, etc. Whatever the writers want to happen will happen, and it likely won't make ANY sense. I'm all for some faster movement. A kiss would be nice, but a decent realistic conversation about themselves would be welcomed, too. IF H is true to form, he will want to finish things with Julia first, but maybe he will give Y something to hang on to in the meantime. We all know this show has holes in the storylines big enough to drive a truck through. It's all about glitz and pizazz, which carries the young audience who don't particularly care whether there's a decent story or not. Of course all the people in this thread are exceptions to that, because you obviously have very good taste!

I watched last season's cliffhanger this week as I had never seen it, thinking it would help make the new season opener make more sense to me. (Do you think H would actually pull that stunt with the plane and the foreign country thing again? Where does he get his money?) I bet Y and Ryan and even Caleigh are in on it (that would explain C's over acting!), and that's what the text message "it's done" was all about.

I'm sorry. Yes, I'm an old broad, and I think two men kissing is definitely NC-17. It's not offensive, but it's for big kids.

If they kill off Y, it will be a final end to their story (duh) and I will grieve for that. A story with so much potential to be dragged out for so long only to be cut off like that would be tragic. But again, consider the source: tgtb.

This thread has never been off track. H/Y is the reason we all come here.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I hadn't thought of Calleigh being in on it; that would explain the "acting lapse."

I, too, am an old broad, but am not offended. I think it has something to do with our roots. I see you're from Texas; a Southerner's definition of "gentility" is more conservative than most on this thread, not a bad thing, just a regional thing. And, technically, children aren't supposed to be here. Plus, UGO who owns all this, is aiming at the 18-34 crowd (I looked at their corporate page).

Unfortunately, you're right.

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Pusher and drgnldy, kissing is NOT NC-17 whether it is het OR slash. I'm sorry that you do not like the slash avatars/banners but we must respect other posters who do.

Please refer to this Shipper Central rule:
    ~ We expect EVERYONE to have RESPECT for the other posters in this forum and their ships. Treat other ships the way you want everyone to treat your ships.

This is the definition for PG13:
    Suitable for anyone mature enough to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This covers anything that might be seen in an average episode of the show. Very mild swearing is fine, as is some nudity and moderate violence. Fade to black sexuality and frank discussion of sexual concepts are fine here.

This is the definition of R:
    Suitable for older teens (over the age of 15/16) and adults. Your characters may swear like sailors, have actual - albeit slightly fuzzy - sex, and get really graphic with their violence. Sensitive subjects such as sexual violence, torture, child abuse, etc. may be discussed frankly.

This is the definition of NC17:
    Suitable ONLY for mature adults. This is where the extremely graphic sex and Kill Bill level violence live.

The above information can be found in this thread and it was taken from here.
    Per the rules below, a link to a video or pictures with no discussion it NOT following the rules. Also, fan videos are not to be posted in the shipper threads. They are to be posted in the fan video thread pinned at the top of the page. The ONLY videos that can be posted in the shipper threads are thee Promo videos from CBS.

Also, when a moderator comes in here to remind everybody of the rules, it is NOT just to push the board rules in your face, Pusher. It is to keep this thread on track and make sure EVERYBODY is following the rules. I can assure you that this is NOT the only thread with mod posts. If you don't want to see us, then please adhere to the rules. :)
    Here is a reminder of the posting rules:
    SPAM

Due to the noticeable increase in SPAM in Shipper Central, it has become necessary to make the policy on spamming clearer and, to a certain degree, stricter.

~ Posts within Shipper Central must now contain a MINIMUM of 3 lines of Good posting.

~ Good posting is ON TOPIC, Discursive, and NOT CHATTY.

~ Good posting is NOT: complementing someone on their artwork, fanfiction, avatar/banner, discussing thread names, conversations about real life, countdowns to new episodes, etc.

~ Remarks regarding artwork, fanfiction, discussing thread names, countdowns to new episodes, and
    BRIEF allusions to real life MAY be included in posts but ONLY in ADDITION to the 3 line MINIMUM of good posting.

~ TalkCSI is a DISCUSSION BOARD, not a CHAT ROOM. If you wish to chat about real life, post in "real time", or even post chattier messages regarding your ship, please do so OFF the board using a medium such as MSN, AIM, YAHOO, or a chat room, or make use of the PM system here.

~ Mass posting (ie: A thread posting huge amounts in a short period of time) - Please DO NOT do this. It is unfair for your fellow posters to come back online to a huge number of posts - It may discourage them from either reading through the thread or contributing to the discussion themselves (we have this first hand from the many posters who have pm'd mods with complaints of feeling shut out of their own thread due to the high volume of posting.)

~ Let's try to keep the threads on topic. Discussion should center around the ship to which each thread is dedicated. General discussions regarding the series, episodes, and spoilers which do not directly involve your ship should take place over in the discussion forums for each series.

Now, everybody needs to get back on topic and please follow the rules.

Thank you.

14. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

With all due respect to the moderators, I thought that this thread had got back on topic. :confused:

Thanks for posting this noealonso. :) I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, as I rarely visit the Miami Forum. I am actually quite looking forward to Monday's episode, but I'm very wary. Too many disappointments.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That wasn't what my post was about. It was about the complaints of the avatars and banners and to remind everyone that moderators are here to keep things running smoothly, not to pick on people. Once the rules are followed (especially the three line on topic rule) then the mods will stop posting.

Thanks!