Good deeds of the day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Stee, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

I’m sure everybody does things each day that make others feel happy or you do something that just makes the world a better place! :)

It can be the smallest thing, for example you showed a tourist where the nearest cafe is or you stopped your car to let people cross the street (at least it makes me happy when someone does it :lol:) or it could be the simpliest smile that you know made someone else’s day a better one!

I hope you get the main idea behind this and find this interesting! :)

So to start, my good deed for the day was that i cleaned up the house before my mom came home, she was happy she could do what she wants instead of doing the washing up etc. :)

2. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

Just this morning I bought a man and his wife their morning coffee at Starbucks. I try to perform random acts of kindness on a regular basis. I always feel good after such acts! :)

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I always give some money to a poor old lady that I see everyday on the way to work. She lives in the subway, and when I go to work every morning I give her money to buy some food. And if I take the same route home, then I will give her in the evenings as well.

4. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I went to the store and there were people from this organisation and they had a list, with like rice and lemonade and other products on it and you could buy food for less fortunate people (I've having trouble coming up with right words :shifty:) and I bought some rice. :)

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

The other day at Winners (a store) my Mom was paying and the cashier accidently knocked a little thing of business cards all over the floor in front of us. She said not to worry about it but I picked them up for her while my Mom was paying. It wasn't a big thing but I still felt good after. :lol:

6. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I helped a niner find their way to class today. :p I know what it's like being scared out of your mind trying to find your classes. You should have seen all the kids walking around with maps. :lol:

7. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Yeah my school has like an introduction day and they give the kids maps and they have to go to every classroom and stuff so they know where everything is. I find it so cute, they're all like: 'Where's classroom 108?' 'That is on the first floor.. to the right.' 'No it's not! To the left, man!' And they have these huuuge bags they don't even need, there are not so many books so they're actually filled with air.. I try to help them find their classrooms too though.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Hah, my highschool only had 1 floor and it took 30 seconds to cross the entire school. No one ever got lost there. :lol:

I held the door open for a lady yesterday at a restaurant I went to to get a gift certificate. She seemed very happy that I held the door for her :wtf: so I guess that was my good deed for yesterday. Personally, I think it should be a common courtesy by now but apparently not. :p

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I gave a workmate a lift to the train station instead of him getting soaked in the rain.

And I picked something off a high(ish) shelf from the shop for an old lady.

10. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

I helped do the dishes...and I hate doing dishes! Problem is, so does my roommate, so they tend to pile up. They were reaching critical mass. KABOOM!

11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I gave my friend homework answers. -_- He totally didn't forget his book. He just wanted the answers. :rolleyes: I'm not sure if that's a good deed, but hey.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I let a coworker go home early today even tho it meant that I would have to run his window for him and I would be really bored after he left. I think I'll let him go early tomorrow too since he's just helping us out for the week.

13. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I helped an old lady open the door, she lives in the same building as I do. She couldn't get the keys into the door. She said: Oh, thank you! I was just getting a bottle of wine, but it's a whole happening! :lol: She made me laugh.

14. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

I just helped an old man by carrieng home the stuff he bought at the supermarket. He was so thankful; that really made my day :D.

15. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

My work had a carnival today and my department did the goldfish toss game. The kids are supposed to toss a ping pong ball and make it into a glass in order to win a fish. Every kid who played when i was there got a fish, whether they made it or not :) I don't know if thats a good deed or proof i'm a pushover