The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought is very wrong ;)

I would love for him to just shout out in the hallways something like that, and, although it obviously won't happen :(, it could possibly fit in with some spoilers? It could just all get too much for him, bottling everything up, i.e. with his relationship with Greg, and just crack, and shout at Ecklie. I'd love it to be Ecklie, obviously with others watching, and Greg being proud. I just don't like the fact he'd crack to say it though.

Which could be interesting, maybe in a fic? :D Maybe, he'd just look at Greg, and think, life's short, I can't keep it in anymore, and just announce it to the lab.

^^ I love that idea. It would so totally work. Thats what tends to happen to Nicky his emotions get to be to much for him and he explodes. I second that I would love it if he ended up shouting at Ecklie. :lol: The new girl would be great as well. Maybe she would be flirting with Greggo to much and Nicky would get all jealous and yell at her. Would make my freaking day.

I also love the shirt ideas as well. bubbles the episode your thinking of is called Boom. Cause it has the story about the bombs in it as well. I also like that episode cause Greggo talks bout looking a Nicky's little swimmers and it makes me laugh. I also agree with your statement about the writers every so often try to hard to make Nicky straight. They never did that with Warrick.

Ah, very true. I've re-thought over my stance on the whole Nicky-is-a-private-kinda-guy and I agree with you, bubbles. Nick likes to keep a lot of things to himself. Heck, I'm betting there are things in his memories that he has never told anyone ... until he met Greg.

Greg has this kind of ability over people that helps them to loosen up. You can't help but trust Greg. You know that he'd always be there to listen to you and to try to give you some advice. His advice may not always be sound, but it'd be from the heart.

I think that shortly after Kristy, Nick was extremely confused. A girl he'd slept with had been murdered, his career had almost ended, and here was this quirky lab tech that he couldn't keep his eye off of.

Sure there'd probably been other guys that had caught Nick's fancy, but Greg ... Greg kept it, and Nick couldn't tell why. Of course our Texan would build up a friendship with him, maybe hoping that all he was feeling for Greg was a brotherly sort of emotion. He obviously didn't know how wrong he was.

I do believe that at one point Nick couldn't keep hiding away all his thoughts and feelings. At the most inopportune moment it all came bursting out, maybe when he was just hanging out with Greg. Possibly Greg had said something that reminded Nick of a repressed memory and it all just came flooding out. Everything, including the Texan's feelings for Greg, maybe?

I think that Nick didn't want to be alone with everything anymore. He hated trying to block out certain memories, but you never can really do that. They alwas resurface and maybe ... maybe Nick was tired of trying to deal with it alone. And he believed that Greg would be the perfect person to talk to.

In the end, I think Nick would've been happy he told Greg ... if this whole situation had ever happened.

A little while ago we discussed what reminds us of the Love.

Well, a few days ago I was in the cinema (The Dark Knight, great film) and as always they started with a Marlboro commercial. And I just thought of Nicky in a cowboy outfit, being in Texas with Greg, riding horses. I never enjoyed the commercial more (and I'm a non-smoker!)

Love the idea of a jealous Nick, MsCatherineBrown. I'd settle for him snapping at her after she flirted with Greg, too. Just imagine ... :eek: She'd be completely baffled and Greg would grin at Nick behind her back. :guffaw:

Love the idea of a jealous Nick, MsCatherineBrown. I'd settle for him snapping at her after she flirted with Greg, too. Just imagine ... :eek: She'd be completely baffled and Greg would grin at Nick behind her back. :guffaw:

I don't know, I don't see Nick as the snapping at her in the lab in front of people. To me he seems more the type to brood about it at home with Greg and then Greg finally has enough and makes Nick tell him what's wrong. Then Greg gives his tradmark smirk and shows Nick how much he cares...:censored:

Well, I guess it depends on his state of mind and the circumstances. I could see him do that if he's extremely aggravated, e.g. because there's no lead with Warrick's case. (was that a spoiler?)

Anyway, I think I finally crossed a line. I just put together a favourites list for my iPod with songs that remind me of the Love. Obsessed much? :hugegrin:

Wouldn't it be great if the new girl made a remark to Cath or someone else about how close Nick and Greg are? Like "What's the deal with the two of them?" Or something more subtle maybe that I can't think of right now.

Just saw the back cover of the S8 DVD box and looks whose close together: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/misc/CSI_S8_rear.jpg

Love that subtle line, love_fan! It could mean anything! If she had said it to Catherine, she could just smile her smile and not say anything. Of course Cath knows, but she ain't telling!

I am split right down the middle about Nick either brooding or snapping. In the earlier seasons, didn't he hit the wall because of a case? Did he do it more than once? Anyways--that's definitely a sign of something becoming too much to handle. I don't know if he'd snap over something that deals with Greg ... but we *did* get Nick punching Pig in Fannysmackin'. That's definitely snapping.

I can see Nick getting angry or something, just not in public. Maybe at home. Maybe he just vents at a certain person. Hmm.

Post Mortem was on today and I got to see teary-eyed!Nick when he was talking about the case with Warrick. It's such a cute scene. Our Texan's extremely supportive throughout the whole ordeal for Greg. Even if it wasn't in a romantic sense, I'm sure that Nick was there for Greg through it all. Seeing as how they are friends. Not like TPTB seems to notice that ... *grumblegrumble*

love_fan I'd love to see that. that line'd be awesome. And Cath would have that look she has, you know, I know, but there's no chance you're going to, yet, like my_last_chance says. i'd really love to see that.

I still think that Nick could just shout, with everything, i can see it happening. I know what you mean though Wojo, normally, I couldn't see him being like that, and he would just brood, but maybe with everything that's going on? I don't know, I'm seeing your side more now.

Brooding would be another possibility. I has it hard to say cause it has been while since we have seen a outburst from Nicky. He seems to have that way more under control then he did in the first couple of seasons. All I know if he flipped out on Ecklie or the new girl I would be a very happy fangirl.

love_fan I love your idea about the new girl asking Cath about the boys. So awesome cause we all know that Cath knows. Like my_last_chance said she gets that great smile on her face and just walk away. Also watched Post Mortem I always get teary eyed myself when Nicky is talking to Warrick about what happened in court and how he wants to help Greggo. And Warrick knows how important it is to Nicky so he helps him.

I love how awesome Warrick is in Post Mortem. I'd say that if Nick told Warrick about his feelings for Greg, Warrick would have definitely encouraged Nick to go after him. Well, maybe after Warrick had gotten over the initial shock of Nick finally coming out to him.

I love how Nick and Warrick interact in every episode. I remember in one episode in the first season where Warrick called Nick "honey", and Nick called 'Rick "buttercup" and "sweetie". I really loved that exchange; it came so easily and naturally.

That's the kind of interaction that comes from Nick and Greg, too. It's easy, it's natural, and it sure as heck isn't forced. You can just see how comfortable Nick and Greg are together. Whenever they are sitting side by side, they look relaxed, not uptight at all.

There are some relationships on CSI that seem forced, but a lot of them aren't. I love the CSI cast because of the chemistry it possesses.

That's the kind of interaction that comes from Nick and Greg, too. It's easy, it's natural, and it sure as heck isn't forced. You can just see how comfortable Nick and Greg are together. Whenever they are sitting side by side, they look relaxed, not uptight at all.

There are some relationships on CSI that seem forced, but a lot of them aren't. I love the CSI cast because of the chemistry it possesses.

Agreed :D And probably, why there are so many different shippers who all really believe 100% in their chosen pairing. Because the chemistry is just so good. I was thinking about what Bubbles said (last page, I'm playing catch up, have been away writing my backside off. lol.) about how all our other ships are different but here we all are, so behind Nick and Greg *sigh* I love it. And for what it's worth, I like Catherine with pretty much anyone (other than Nick or Greg), and yet can't stand Warrick with anyone other than Catherine. Go figure. I'm going to miss Warrick :(

Anyway. I can see Nicky as both a brooder and a snapper. I think it would depend on what kind of a day he'd had, what kind of case, how secure he was feeling. He can be a whiner too, as we saw in Rashomama ;) I know that epi waaaay too well. *cough*

I also love Post Mortem for that reason, MsCB. Though it still makes me sad.

Wow, I have nothing profound to say, whatsoever. I think I've melted by own brain writing fanfic. For those that may be interested NLS chapter 8 is go :D

Nat x

ETA - Ooh...and MLC, thank you for your comments re the CSIFFA! I was really surprised but it's very cool.

Last edited:
I've always thought that Nick shows his emotions so much more than Greg does. Nick can be brooding and weepy too, as in Gum Drops. Greg has so rarely shown his emotions. I think Fannysmackin' was one of the few times. Plus in Double Cross, his little scene with Catherine, you got the feeling when he made that big sigh when she left, he was lying to her about doing well. And of course in Post Mortem, you could tell he was stressed. The only time he really showed any anger was in Big Shots, when he was talking to Ms. James. I would love to see more emotion from him, but Nick definitely has him beat it in showing it to everyone. I think Greg probably shows it more in private to Nick.

I've always thought that Nick shows his emotions so much more than Greg does. Nick can be brooding and weepy too, as in Gum Drops. Greg has so rarely shown his emotions. I think Fannysmackin' was one of the few times. Plus in Double Cross, his little scene with Catherine, you got the feeling when he made that big sigh when she left, he was lying to her about doing well. And of course in Post Mortem, you could tell he was stressed. The only time he really showed any anger was in Big Shots, when he was talking to Ms. James. I would love to see more emotion from him, but Nick definitely has him beat it in showing it to everyone. I think Greg probably shows it more in private to Nick.

Yeah Dizzney that is true, and dont forget though when in Nick thought that he was gonna die from ricein? Greg gently touched Nick on the chest to reasure him that he'll be fine. Thats a great moment.

Ohh and just for Deirdre, who watched the very first episode today, (yay!) its all about the money and the eye contact Greg gives Nick. You can sooo tell what he wants to do with an anal probe!:guffaw:

Ohh and just for Deirdre, who watched the very first episode today, (yay!) its all about the money and the eye contact Greg gives Nick. You can sooo tell what he wants to do with an anal probe!:guffaw:

This scene with them was amazing! Flirt or not to flirt:lol: It was so obvious that Greg is interested in Nick. Of course our Texan is not sure about it. Yeah, I know. Greg would have there much work:lol: Can't wait for more episodes. I love refreshing my memory;)

So I watched A La Cart today, and when Nick asked Greg about Sara/Gris, you can totally tell Nick was thinking, "Why didn't you tell me?" Ah, poor Nick. It's also the episode where Nick bends down, and it appears as if Greg is taking a picture of Nick's posterior. Great episode.

So at six o'clock is the episode where Sara goes missing, and right after is the one where she's found. In both episodes we get to see emotion from Nick. It's pretty awesome. I think that when Nick's friends are concerned he is more emotional. These are the people he sees everyday, and the people he loves; of course he's going to get emotional. I LOVE the scene where Nick finds Sara ... I just wish we could have that kind of scene between Nick and Greg. Of course it could just be platonic, like with Nick to Sara in that scene. He's obviously freaking out because he thought she was dead. They're extremely close friends, and ... oh ... hmm.

I just got a thought ... when Sara went to the hospital, I'm sure everyone went to see her as well. Maybe the doctors wouldn't allow anyone in to see her just then, and Catherine, Grissom, and Warrick waited outside her room while Nick and Greg maybe went to get some food? I think they probably both needed to let out some emotion ... and they had each other's shoulders to cry on.

This scene with them was amazing! Flirt or not to flirt:lol: It was so obvious that Greg is interested in Nick. Of course our Texan is not sure about it. Yeah, I know. Greg would have there much work:lol: Can't wait for more episodes. I love refreshing my memory;)

I love the very first episode as well. I only every think dirty thoughts now when they talk about anal swabs though. Also later on when Nicky comes to Greggo with eyedrops and he talks about nipples with a big grin on his face. And Nicky gets all red and covers his face with his hands. So cute. Then later on a couple of season later when Sara comes to him with eye drops, he asks if anyone was putting them on his nipples. Makes me giggle.

Great episode A La Cart, so much love stuff going on. Naughty Greggo taking a picture of Nicky's rear. I think I would do the same in that situation. :lol: I feel Nicky and Sara are strictly friends like Sara and Greggo are. When you work with someone for that long you get those kinda connections with them. Like I said before Sara's heart belongs to Griss and Nicky's belongs to Greggo. So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back