Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I would lose it then. No joke! Okay, okay. Everyone is saying it's Nick, so I guess my ears deceive me again.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Personally it is a toss up to me. It could be Grissom being emotional (which he very much seemed to be in those clips) or it could be Nick. I guess we will just have to wait and see for sure, won't we.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I never really thought the OMG sounded like Grissom/Billy's voice. But, my thought was when I first heard it that it was either Nicky or Hodges (although I doubt it's the latter lol). I'm pretty sure it wasn't Greg or any of the women (lol), but as for who it was for 100%, I'm not sure. It might even turn out that the OMG wasn't even an actual cast member and didn't even pertain to Warrick. It could be a guest star character who finds his wife/daughter's body or something. They might have just thrown it in the promo to fool us.

Also, the more I see that promo (three times now), the more the Grissom running to the car and holding Warrick scene looks like a nightmare sequence. There was like a smokey looking background or something which almost always equals nightmare/dream sequence. Maybe Grissom has a nightmare about it because he didn't get there in time to save Warrick and on some level he blames himself or feels like he failed Warrick. That kind of sounds like something Grissom would think, right?

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to think the OMG sounds more like Nicky. I'm thinking back to when he found Sara and the sound in his voice then and he was emotional there, but boy is that gonna be ten-fold when it's Warrick.

4. metal666

metal666 Victim

Count me as shocked that we got even a half second of Greggo.
    And yea, Nick should have found him first.
    Just thinking, maybe they'll show the first copy of Greg's book with
    "For Warrick" on the first page?

5. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Wow, that would be awesome. Now that I think about it ... that could possibly the the way TPTB were heading. Maybe, if TPTB haven't lost their heads completely ...

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

That would be such a great idea but with the way TPTB are neglecting Greg's character I highly doubt it. Although seeing a glimpse of him in the promo was really nice!

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Greg was in promo two times. One is this glimpse and secondly we see Greg in the group shoot when Ecklie was talking. Very poor quality and hard to recognize him but definitely it's him.

I'm agree with you here GNRFan. It really looks like a nightmare, especially when Warrick's eye is open... But well, it can be a "trick" in promo.

And about OMG voice. I'm not sure by who it was. Maybe Grissom, but maybe Nick. I need to watch it once again but I don't think I'll be sure at all who was that.

My first post here:lol:

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

My husband seen the promo for the first time on TV last night, (I never discussed the OMG scene with him beforehand) and as soon as it ended he turned to me and said. "Was that Nick?" So he even thought it sounded like Nick.

I want to hold out hope that its Nick who finds him, but its getting harder. Although its going to be intense and exciting either way.

It hard to tell in that very small glimpse of Greg where he is, could be the lab, airport, hospital, or morgue. Well soon see (not soon enough though).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

the thing with the promo, is they use certain scenes to get people talking and grab their attention (good or bad) mission accomplished for cbs. i still am not completely convinced grissom is the first one to find warrick. it seems random for him to be there, running towards the car. he already knows what has happened. maybe he has been called and we just dont see the other people around?

why are they teasing us with warricks open eye?!? i was just accepting that he is gone :( only what, a month and a half til we find out for sure? boo!

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I expect Warrick to die during the episode, when last season ended we were not 100% certain that he was dead.

11. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

I just read the description for Art Imitates Life where Sara goes to visit the guy who pulls the plug on his wife after she was raped and shot in the heard. I really hated that episode and i don't understand why that is the one case that the writers want Sara to revisit. Sara was so overly emotionally involved and I really disliked the way she talked to Grissom in that last scene when he was trying to help her regain her balance. Something about I wish I could be like you Grissom with no feelings. And the look on his face. They all have said crap like that to Grissom from time to time. I think that's the reason too that fans can't envision Grissom being emotional with Warrick's death (there I said it. hes dead Jim).

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That makes me wonder if its a possibility that Warrick could be in a coma, and maybe the doctors say he'll never come out of it, thus the plug is pulled and he dies. So Sara re-visits the old case to help her cope with what happened to Warrick? Just a theory. Yes TPTB are that stupid.

And thebarracuda I hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing, I envisioned Grissom saying to Brass "He's dead Jim". Sad but true.

13. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Warrick totally crawled Grissom about being heartless as well ... I think it was in Random Acts of Violence, where his close friend's daughter had been killed in a drive-by? Similar look on Griss' face as the one we saw after Sara's accusations. In those early seasons, I think the only one who got that he had feelings underneath it all was Cath. I always thought that Grissom became more human as the seasons went on. I always thought he really loved Warrick ... Warrick got by with lots of stuff most people wouldn't have, but I think Grissom saw past the mistakes to the person he was underneath. Which is ironic, given that people didn't necessarily do that with Grissom. All this to say that I personally *can* see Grissom reacting with strong emotion to Warrick's death. But that's just me :)

I assumed the open eye was because he had died ... don't most people's eyes open when they die?

And I agree ... I don't think we can tell from the promo who finds Warrick. The Grissom sequence could be a dream ... or Grissom could be running towards the car, where Nick is holding Warrick ... there are a million scenarios that could play out. Even if we end up seeing Grissom holding Warrick like he does in the promo, we haven't seen who first saw Warrick in the car or pulled him out.

I'm probably one of the few who feels ambivalent about who finds Warrick, because I don't believe anyone is going to be able to actually save him and what a horrific shock to have to deal with ... being the first on that scene, finding him mortally wounded when just a few minutes ago everything seemed to be looking up. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. This is going to be a tearjerker, no matter how it plays out.

And I love the book dedication idea. That would be perfect.

Ali

14. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I think that eye was used to make this promo more dramatic.

You really can be right Wojo. They really can be that stupid. But in other hand maybe they want to make some kind of surprise? We really get used to Warrick's death. Maybe... Well, I know, that's a scary idea for many of us (for me too), but there's a possibilty... Brrrrr

15. CSI Tricky

CSI Tricky Victim

The episode To Tough to Die was based on a real case of one of the advisors on CSI
    Liz Devine when she was a CSI

We had a technical advisor, Liz Devine, and it was the first script she wrote for the show. She is now one of the executive producers for CSI: Miami and she writes weekly for TV, but this was her first script, and it was a real story of hers, [based on] a case that she worked on when she was a younger CSI. A lot of tech advisors have that one case that even five, six, seven years later still haunts them, or it becomes the case that represents the whole reason of why they do what they do. For her, it was that story, "Too Tough to Die,"

I would like to know what happened to her, and the whole issue of how long and how much medical intevention to use in keeping someone alive, is something more and more people and families are facing with medical advances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.