Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Can you imagine Flack's reaction? I think he'd lose it if Danny got hurt. Remember how he put his head in his hand in "Trapped" when he found out Danny was going to be stuck in a panic room for 13 hours? That was when Danny was fine and--as far as anyone knew--in no danger. And I still think Flack froze when he saw Jerry holding Danny hostage. It was Stella--a CSI!--who fired, not Flack, the detective.

Flack is usually so cool, calm and collected--except when it comes to Danny. I think he'd really lose it if Danny got hurt.

What do you guys think?

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Maybe it has something to do with the lack of Danny reaction at Flack's severe injuries in the season two finale, but I'd love to see Danny save Flack from a terrible danger. Kinda like, Danny has a flashback of what happened to Flack and he goes into savior mode for a change and does what he couldn't do back then when Flack got caught in the bomb blast. Of course, that's me just talking in general and not taking into account the season five spoilers.

The spoilers hinting what they do, yeah, it'd be great to see Flack saving Danny's ass. :devil: Counting in the events of episode 4x13, if Flack gets the chance to save Danny, won't that make it at least twice that Flack's done some good looking out for Danny? :devil: Oooh, Danny, you're racking up the IOU points with Flack here! Sooner or later, he might just come collecting and getcha rocking all night! :devil: :devil: :devil: (Of course, Danny being the hedonist that he is, he'll very likely enjoy what Flack does to him and not consider it a 'payback' at all. :lol:)

Hmmm. He froze in Trapped ... but that was because Danny wasn't hurt yet and still in a very precarious situation. Perhaps that is why Flack couldn't pull the trigger; he was so afraid of hurting Danny in any way he was willing to stand down if it meant Danny didn't get hurt by Jerry. So if Danny did get hurt, wow, I think Flack will go into homicidal!Rambo mode and probably take out every bad guy with his bare hands if he has to! :lol:

Huh, ya know what, that would be incredibly awesome to watch! If Flack's actions in episode 4x13 still aren't enough to prove how much the guy loves Danny, Flack becoming a super hero and saving Danny from mortal danger without fearing for his own life has got to do the job! :lol: :cool:

3. Top41

I think Danny shuts down and feels helpless without Flack. I don't think he thinks of himself as the strong one in their relationship either. He looked helpless and lost in "Charge of This Post."

But...there was the train car in 410. When that went rogue, Danny ran to the controls and threw a brick at them. He saved the day then. I think Danny is good at throwing stuff. :lol: The bigger heroics, and the save the day stuff is best left to Flack. :D

Flack really should collect on that debt. For all the times he saves Danny's sweet little ass, he really should get a taste or seven of it. ;) :devil:

When it comes to heroics, I really do think Flack likes being the one to save Danny--and I think he likes it that Danny needs saving. Not from scary hostage-takers--that obviously freaks Flack out, and he doesn't like it when his baby gets hurt. But you can tell in the way he is with Danny how much he likes protecting Danny--that it makes him feel strong that he can take care of Danny.

Yeah, that's a really good point. I think Flack would do anything--even let a bad guy get away!--if it meant keeping Danny safe. Taking Danny hostage is definitely the way to get to Flack.

I could totally see Flack losing it in a fit of rage and lashing out if Danny got hurt. I think he'd stop thinking rationally and just kind of go on the attack. Especially if he needed to get through some bad guys to get to Danny or to get him to safety.

Flack was pretty upset in "Snow Day" when he could tell the bad guys hurt his baby. He wanted to trade himself for Danny! I notice he didn't offer that in "Hostage." ;)

I think enough has been done on Flack's part to prove his love to Danny. Of course, Danny is massively insecure, so maybe he still doesn't realize it, but man, Flack's actions in 413 were an act of love. The way that man chased Danny all over Manhattan on his day off...wow. Flack really does deserve a reward for his devotion. Although maybe seeing Danny turn to him with those big blue eyes full of trust is enough. Well, that and the hot sex. :devil: ;)

4. fille

fille Victim

This is my first post in this thread. I love Danny and Flack's relationship, and a scene like this would really show the strength of their bond.

I think that Flack would try to talk the kidnapper/villain out of hurting Danny. He would distract the bad guy and attempt to shield Danny from harm.

We've seen Flack show a dedicated concern for Danny's safety in "Run Silent, Run Deep", "All in the Family", and "Snow Day". However, we haven't seen the two of them facing the same foe in an action sequence. In "Snow Day", Flack obviously wanted to help Danny, but he wasn't in the room with him.

I'd love to see a one-on-one scene like that with either Danny or Flack defending the other. Flack would definitely react strongly to seeing Danny get hurt in front of him. He would probably attack the villain or demand that he leave Danny alone.

Danny would also fight as hard as he could to protect Flack, but Flack is often far more expressive of his concern.

It wouldn't have to be a hostage situation, but it would be a powerful scene. However, I could just be saying this because I'm a sucker for hurt/comfort angst. :thumbsup:

5. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

A new topic, concerning the CSI NY3-19:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't know that why, the Eddie and Carmine always has a same facial expression demonstration.
    We whether should be called its privity or what?Probably, it is a motive, Eddie and Carmine(Danny and Flack!)

6. Top41

Welcome to the thread, fille! :D It's great to have you here.

I agree--I think Flack would do whatever it takes to get Danny out of harm's way. I think any hostage-taker worth his/her salt would quickly figure out that Danny is Flack's weakness, and maybe use Danny to get to Flack.

You could just tell Flack was dying to get into that warehouse, too, and rescue his baby. Flack looked so tense, and man, the way he leapt out of that car when he got there, and ran into the warehouse after the shots were fired... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Agreed--nothing would get to Flack quite like seeing someone hurt Danny in front of him. I think that would rip him apart. Remember the expression on his face when Danny got between Rikki and Ollie in 413? Man, if Rikki had fired that gun at Danny...well, I think Flack would have taken her out.

Flack's also more the hero-type. Danny throws things. :lol: It's kind of cute--he threw solution in people's faces when they attacked him in "Trapped" and "Snow Day" and he threw a rock to stop the train in 410. It's rather adorable and sweet.

That's okay--I think Flack's kind of a sucker for being the big, strong hero who rescues his cute little Kinkapoodle. :D

Awwwwww... so cute!!! Kimmy has an avatar somewhere about lovers always picking up each other's habits. And it uses season one shots of Danny and Flack! :D They've been doing it for a while.

The question is...who's copying who in the above pics? I think in this case Danny has kind of picked up Flack's pensive face. I wonder if they're even aware of it. :D

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Woo, so much to reply to! :D

Verily, Danny has cemented his role as the CSI:NY Damsel in Distress™. :lol:

But seriously, yes, when Flack was caught in the bomb blast in the season two finale and the team was still searching for Mac and Flack ...

[​IMG]

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. His glistening eyes are the most telling. Cover them, and you'd think he's just frowning. But his eyes ... yeah, those are the eyes of a man who's anxious as @#$% to find the people he cares deeply about safe and sound.

[​IMG]

And this is him after he saw Flack unconscious and lying so pale and motionless on the hospital bed. I don't have a screencap of his expression after he saw Flack wounded, but if I remember right, it was about the same except he had horrified eyes. Who could blame the guy? One of his worst nightmares actually became reality; his pillar of strength was reduced to a bleeding, grievously injured mess and at the time, nobody had a clue if Flack was going to survive.

:lol: Kinda makes ya wonder if Danny likes being thrown around during a certain type of marathon with Flack, get my drift? :devil: :devil: :devil: I think Flack is strong enough for something like that. :devil:

[​IMG]

Oh, Flack. :(

If what happened in the season two finale was one of Danny's worst nightmares come true, then what happened in the season three finale to Danny must have been one of Flack's worst nightmares come true. Danny being hurt by bad guys who won't think twice about torturing or killing him, and Flack far away from Danny, unable to do a thing to help Danny.

And hello, fille! :D Welcome to the thread! Always lovely to have new D/F fans on board.

Oooh, that sounds like an awesome scene! :D Imagine how much fun Eddie and Carmine would have filming that together! Seeing how TPTB have gone with the Danny/Flack relationship so far, the chances are higher of Flack being the defender of Danny should such a great scene come to pass on the show. It would be equally fantastic if it was Danny though.

I'd give so much to see Flack go all Rambo or Bruce Lee and kick a whole lotta baddie ass. :lol: Extra points if Danny joins him!

And very true, Flack has so far been the one to be much more expressive of his feelings. He stares at Danny so much. He's always smiling around the guy, his face softens just gazing at Danny, he turns into a dork around him ... it's so adorable. It was great to see Danny finally reciprocate the care too, in episode 4x20 after Flack was almost run over by the Cabbie Killer.

Random dude: So, how long have you two been married?
    Danny: Oh great, it's that obvious?
    Random dude: I figured there had to be a reason why this guy with the nasty tie here's sticking so close to you. And uh, why you waddle so much.
    Flack: That reason happens to be standin' right here, buddy.

:guffaw: Not only are their facial expressions identical, even their body posture and hand placement are the same! Talk about mirroring each other to a tee!

I gotta update that icon some time. Danny and Flack have so many other similarities now! And how wonderful is it that 'boom' is now officially and canonically a D/F word?! :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just finished a 'chibi neko' D/F comic. It's safe for work, 8 pages long and about 895kb in total. :) You can read it here.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  8. Top41

He really is. No wonder Flack gets cranky and snippy sometimes. He spends a whole lot of time saving his pretty Kinkapoodle's ass...so he can enjoy it later. :devil: ;)

Danny really does look pretty fragile and scared in that cap, doesn't he?

It's the moment he looks in on Flack that Danny is at his most vulnerable--his eyes are so wide and frightened. Flack really is the strongest person Danny knows, the one who always takes care of him, so it must have been so scary for Danny to look in that room and not know what to do our how to help Flack.

Oh, you just know Flack goes all caveman on Danny's ass and throws him on the bed. :devil: I bet Flack thinks it's so much fun to throw his Kinkapoodle over his shoulder and manhandle him into the bedroom. :devil:

Poor Flack--I remember how he stood up like he was all ready for action. He raced to the scene but there was nothing he could really do--those guys had his baby. :( That really was Flack's worst nightmare.

Funny, those finales really do represent their biggest fears: Danny's that Flack isn't invincible and Flack's that someone could take Danny away and hurt him and Flack wouldn't be able to save him. :( Our poor boys!

Flack's totally whipped. Poor guy--it's so obvious. The staring, the grinning, the being a doofus--Flack isn't a doofus for anyone but Danny. :D Flack is the coolest guy in New York, but put him near Danny and suddenly he's a goon, so happy and in love with his baby.

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol: I can so see Flack jumping in like that at the end! :lol: That man is nothing if not possessive of his Kinkapoodle. There's one cap of that scene where it looks like Flack and Danny are holding hands. Awwww.... :D

So sweet! :D That scene totally established that Danny and Flack's bond is as prominent and deep as Mac and Stella's. Too cute. :D

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

So many awesome pix and whatnot. An awesome display of devotion. I don't quite know what to comment other than that. So....I thought I'd ad some lyrics...I think these are quite appropriate for Danny/Flack. This is by Motorhead, and I think it's especially appropriate because of Carmine's last interview, where he dropped the F-bomb like 17 times or something. This is by the band Motorhead, a ballad called "One More Fucking Time"

One More F#@king Time

All life is a mystery,
    All things come to he who waits
    All things just a twist of fate
    It's just a state of mind
    All your time is not your own
    It's real hard to find out why
    It's real hard to say good-bye
    To move on down the line...​

Both your eyes wide open
    You see the shape I'm in
    It wasn't of my choosing
    It's only bones and skin
    And I will plead no contest
    If loving you's a crime
    So go on and find me guilty
    Just one more f#@king time​

All your life is in your head
    All you dreams are in your sleep
    And if your dreams are hid too deep
    They're just a waste of time
    When you try to chase the dream
    You never seem to know the time
    You never recognize the signs
    And nothing's what it seems​

Both your eyes wide open
    You see the shape I'm in
    It wasn't of my choosing
    It's only bones and skin
    And I will plead no contest
    If loving you's a crime

And if I would have been a bad man
    You would have seen the good in me
    You would have seen the other
    The good man I could be
    But since I am a good man
    The same was all the same
    Nothing I could do, nothing I could do​

All life is a mystery,
    All things pass you by in time
    All things just a perfect crime
    It's just the way we are
    All instincts let you down
    It's not a case of love in vain
    It's not a case of love insane
    It's enough to break your heart​

Both your eyes wide open
    You see the shape I'm in
    It wasn't my idea
    That I be the one to sin
    And so all those years together
    Weren't worth a f#@king dime
    Just one more f#@king time
    And so all our years together
    Just one more f#@king time
    And so all our years together

ETA, listening to the song again, and reading the lyrics again, I'm not so sure the last chorus is appropriate for Danny/Flack. Could be, but I'm not sure. What do you all think? ​

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  10. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

Certainly, the Flack will unselfishly protect his kitty, I bet, if may, the Flack will would for the Danny ward off bullet.:):thumbsup:
    At the CSI NY3-24, the Flack is thus worry Danny. after negotiating to break, My Don fearless and full out assault at most front.That be the best proof.We lovely kitty, can't be without his F Dog!;):p

I can imagine that be a warm condition.His kitty breakdown in his bosom, weep , that be the affecting scene, if we can is true see it.....:(:shifty:

You are mean this:
    [​IMG]
    At the My Don need comfort's time, his same choose Danny, and, Danny to this also sad. But, obviously, our kitty really don't know, how comfort other people, he have some confusion. And, I bet ,that is My Don ,spoils (dote on) his kitty's result.;)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    This be the last time , I don't know why I land this "Shipper Central" district always very slow . And at"New York" district, my net is soon always very quick.:confused:

hahahaha:lol::lol::lol::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:......Use his eyes to study his Danny:lol:, Top anyway, you let me produce evil viewpoint again:devil:.....You let me bethink the clay line drawing......The Danny naked stand estrade side, Flack have pencil...carnal gaze and contemplate his kitty:devil::evil::drool:.....Danny will complain ,hasten Flack to hurry:rolleyes:...... OK. OK... My Don doesn't like art....:guffaw:;)

11. Top41

I could kind of see it for a dark twist on their relationship--Flack loving Danny and resenting that he's not really seeing that love returned.

What do you think it would take for Flack to really lose it with Danny? I'm not talking about the 413-type of anger; he was clearly only angry with Danny because he was worried about Danny. I'm just talking about pure anger. What do you think would cause that? And how would Danny react?

I could totally see Flack taking a bullet for Danny. The man is so in love; I truly think he'd give his life for Danny.

And yeah, Flack was right at the front in "Snow Day" when he and his team rushed in. The panic in his voice when he shouted "Wait, wait, wait!" when the guys went for Danny was heartbreaking. Poor Flack--he thought he was going to lose the one person he loves more than anyone else.

I'd love to see it. I can totally imagine Flack holding Danny, stroking his back, kissing his head. Flack's probably a little at a loss when it comes to Danny crying, but you know he tries and is probably better than he realizes at comforting his baby. So long as he doesn't say the wrong thing, which I'm sure he does sometimes. I can totally see Flack putting his foot in his mouth now and then and just saying the wrong thing and upsetting his moody Danny.

Yeah, Danny isn't real good at comforting Don. :lol: He tried, and it's obvious from how nervous and on edge he looks in that picture that he was rattled for Flack, but I don't think he quite knew what to say.

And Flack totally spoils his kitty. :lol: What other man would drop everything on his day off--as he's getting off his shift before he even has time to go home to rest!--for his pretty baby?

Oh, I can so see Flack drawing Danny naked! :devil: Of course, the drawings would never get finished because Flack would keep looking up at Danny's sexy body and eventually decide he had to have himself some Kinkapoodle right then and there. So the drawing would fall to the floor when Flack leaps up and jumps his sexy naked baby. :devil: :devil: :devil:

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I think we should contact TPTB about this or jot it down in the Season 5 Wishlist thread. :devil: "Wish for season 5: Flack throwing Danny over his shoulder while he saves Danny from a bunch of baddies James Bond-style. Flack playing Danny's bubblebutt like bongos is optional." :lol:

The screencap of Flack listening to Danny via his mobile phone in my previous post was right after he picked up the call. This was him after he heard Danny talk and realized just how bad the situation was:

[​IMG]

The poor guy looks like someone just kicked him in the groin and he's still wondering what the hell happened and why he's hurting so much. And yeah, he literally shot out of his chair and paced around when it finally hit him in full force Danny was in obvious pain and in a very nasty spot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, Flack.

All this talk of Danny as a kitty and Flack as a doggie makes me want to Photoshop cat and dog ears and tails onto them. :eek: :lol:

Aw, yes, between Danny and Flack, Flack is definitely better at giving comfort. I give Danny kudos for trying his best to comfort Flack though. :) It was evident that he made a good effort to do so, and that it perturbed him to see Flack unhappy in any way. I'm sure Flack appreciated what Danny did later on. :devil: :devil: :devil: ;)

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: I love that idea! Flack attempting to draw Danny naked! Yep, we'll never see a finished piece of work from Flack if that's the case. :devil: Unless of course, Flack took the artwork to the next level and threw the canvas onto the floor and made full use of body paint and their ... physical activities to paint. :devil: :devil: :devil:

(OT for a sec: Listening to Rammstein's Sonne is rather appropriate for this line of discussion. :lol:) Hmm, what would it take for Flack to really lose it with Danny ... whoa, I can't think of anything. Flack has so far come across as a very stable, steady and secure man who isn't shaken in the least by what other people think of him. The worst scenario I can think of (and I hope it doesn't cause any wank) is that Danny ends up hating Flack for having feelings for him and throws some major homophobic fit which pisses Flack off, not because Flack gets insulted to his face but because Flack sees an awful side to his close friend he never did before. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't see this ever happening though. I remember Danny's comment about men kissing and that he was asking a perp what's so weird about it or something. If Danny really is homophobic in any way, I doubt he'd have said such a thing in the first place.

This was what made Lindsay dragging Danny away so rudely so sucktastic. The guy risked his life barging in to save Danny and all he got was a rude rebuff from Lindsay (after he thoughtfully requested that EMS enter the warehouse so injured Danny didn't have to walk!) and a faraway apologetic glance from Danny. Man, Flack, you get mad now and then about lack of reciprocation, nobody will blame you.

Flack: It's okay, babe, I'll still love you even if you weigh 300 pounds.
    Danny: Are you sayin' I'm fat?
    Flack: Wha? :eek: Noooo -
    Danny: You said I'm fat.
    Flack: No, I didn't! You-you're thin! Yes, thin.
    Danny: Oooh, so now I'm thin.
    Flack: Yes. :cool:
    Danny: The couch is nice and cool tonight.
    Flack: Nooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

13. Top41

It's a valid wish for the wishlist! :lol: : I'd love to see Flack throw Danny over his shoulder, or heh, knowing Flack, carry him out in his arms. Flack certainly treats Danny like a delicate princess. But I have no doubt he'd cop a feel of the bubblebutt. :devil: ;)

Poor Flack--that really was his worst nightmare, wasn't it? The guy looked so freaked out. Can you imagine what would have happened if something had happened to Danny? Flack would totally lose it I think.

The poor guy--he's so whipped. :lol: :lol:

It so fits them. Danny's a spoiled little sex kitten and Flack is the faithful, strong, protective dog who watches over his Danny like a hawk. :D

I think Danny definitely is good at comforting in other ways, if you know what I mean. :devil: But at least Danny tried in his own way to comfort Flack. I also think Danny knows Flack is tough and probably would get embarrassed if Danny was gushing on about being worried about him. Unlike Danny, who likes to be fussed over and coddled, Flack is the strong, stoic type. What Danny said was probably just the right thing.

Yeah, poor Flack is waaaay too horny and into Danny to be able to sit patiently and look at his Kinkapoodle's naked body and not have his hands all over Danny. :devil:

Yeah, I can't see that happening either. Danny's just not a jerk like that; he's too sweet. I think if he rebuffed Flack, he'd be sensitive and nice about it.

Yeah, the look on Flack's face was Not Pleased when Lindsay dragged Danny off, but I'm guessing it was more with Lindsay than with Danny. Danny looked like he felt bad about it though, given his long look back at Flack.

I wonder how Flack reacted when he went home. I mean, he saves the day and he still doesn't get his pretty baby. :(

:lol: Awwww, Danny is so high maintenance! Flack loves him in spite of, or maybe even because of it anyway. :D

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I posted it in the season five wishlist thread. :lol: I will be floored if TPTB really does give a scene where Flack carries Danny off fireman-style!

Agreed. In the beginning of the episode, he was very perturbed at having to kill a man although the guy was armed and was about to shoot him. If those mobsters had seriously injured Danny or worse, I think Flack would have zero regrets killing those guys.

Indeed I do. :devil: :devil: :devil: Perhaps that's why we see so little of Danny comforting Flack on screen ... after all, their XXX scenes will never make it past the censors. :lol: Yeah, I can't quite see Danny blubbering with worry over Flack. I can see it showing on his face, like it did in episode 4x20, but neither Danny or Flack are gushy types. Well, at least, not until they're alone and dancing the horizontal mambo. :devil:

Awww. :) The boys really know each other well, don't they?

That scene was indeed sweet and established in canon Danny and Flack's close and deep relationship. :D

Just look at Flack's face after Mac says to him, "You and Danny have been working together way too long.":

[​IMG]

That, my friends, is the face of a man who's very happy to be working together way too long with Danny. :lol: Even if you cover up his mouth and nose, you can still the joy in his eyes spring out at you! :lol: :D

Ya know, I wonder how Danny would have reacted if it had been him to whom Mac said that and not Flack. How do you guys think he would have responded? Would he have shown an equally happy expression? Perhaps some bashfulness?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  15. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

That picture is just Too cute. :luvlove: I think that if that had been Danny, Mac would have gotten an eyeroll and very likely a snarky comment. However, he wouldn't have made a big deal of it, as to not call attention to the fact that he and Flack had been working together too long.

Also, with regards to other stuff up thread, I don't really think that Flack Would lose it with Danny and snap on him completely. I think it would have to be a really difficult string of events. The closest we came to that was in "AitF" where Danny was being such a brat and didn't want to bring Rikki in. He just simply said "You have two hours" or whatever it was, and that was that. Danny knowing Flack didn't defy that, because he knew better.

As far as Flack drawing a Naked Danny. Nope, not gonna happen. I can so see Danny saying "Don, come here, get a better feel for my countours" or something like that, and then it would be over. :devil::devil::devil::evil:

However, I shudder to think of what could happen if Danny got hurt...I think that would make Flack totally lose it. Like the guy he killed at the beginning of "SD," even though he really didn't want to, I think he'd really and truly snap on whoever hurt Danny, and there'd be a pile of bodies stacked ten feet high.