Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I vote for abducted by aliens. Maybe the anal probe will make him realize he's meant to be with Flack. :adore:

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Darnit, you beat me to it! :lol: Then please to be letting me up the ante with maybe Danny becomes pregnant via said alien anal probe and Flack becomes the baby daddy. :devil: :guffaw:

But seriously, I'm kinda hoping for Tanglewood gangsters to make an appearance and give us one hell of a showdown between them and Danny and Flack and the other CSI dudes. Betcha that'll rival even the action in the season three finale!

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Oh, come on now. That sounds like something straight out of fan fiction! :rolleyes: :p :D

I think Tanglewood would be the best option. It continues a story people are already familiar with and it gives TPTB the chance to at least mention Louie even if they don't bring him back for an appearance. I'd love to see Mac, Flack and Stella kick some Tanglewood ass on behalf of Danny.

4. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

^^ I'd also like to see some Tanglewood drama for Danny. I think maybe they should bring Louis back (fit and healthy). However he could be in some nasty trouble and Danny has to go and sort it out getting himself in a bad situation with the rest of the team having to rescue the two of them. That's just my opinion.

Note to writers: if you see this and use it could I have £5?

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant. :D And hey, whatever it takes to make him wake up and smell the Flack... :lol: :devil:

I know that story! 100th episode, anybody? ;) :lol: :D

I kind of like the idea of the Tanglewood boys coming back. I could see Sonny taking out his anger at being put away for murder on Danny. After all, Danny's DNA on the cigarette was the reason everyone dug so deeply into the case, and Louie, Danny's brother, getting Sonny's confession on tape was the reason Sonny went away. So I can see him hellbent on hurting Danny (knowing that hurting Danny would hurt both Louie and Mac).

I kind of don't think it will be Tanglewood related, though. I hope Louie isn't done but I think the Tanglewood storyline might be. Someone brought up Ruben's father maybe going after Danny--do you guys think that's a possibility?

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think it's a definite possibility. We really don't know anything about Ruben's family aside from Rikki and the idea of someone 'blaming' Danny would allow for some continuity of the S4 storyline. In fact, that would act as a really evocative contrast to the fact that Rikki so obviously didn't blame him.

As much as I would love to see the return of Tanglewood I don't want the S4 storyline to be sacrificed in favour of that. I think we've only see a glimmer of Danny's grief/guilt/angst relating to Ruben and that whatever happens to him in S5 will be a continuation of that. I really can't see them going back to a S2 storyline at this stage when that have a current story primed and ready to go imo.

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Ruben's father showing up and exacting revenge on Danny for Ruben's death in season five doesn't make sense to me. It's a possibility, but it's illogical to me in that, why would the father's reaction be so slow? If Ruben's father was around and the guy cared for Ruben, he would have attended the funeral for sure. If Danny attended it as well, they would have already met there. I highly doubt Ruben's father would not have heard about Ruben being in Danny's care by then either.

If Ruben's dad blamed Danny and wanted to exact revenge, I also highly doubt he'd wait all this time just to do something to Danny. He'd have been overwhelmed with grief and probably lost it right then and there at the funeral and taken out his anger on Danny ... but we never saw anything after episode 4x13 that hinted at things going bad at the memorial service. And before anyone says Danny didn't attend it ... I highly doubt that too. Seeing how bad he felt (and still feels) about Ruben's death, there's no way in hell he wouldn't have attended it, especially not after Rikki herself gave him the memorial pamphlet.

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^^^ As you say, if the father was around then yes, wouldn't he have reacted sooner. But what if he wasn't around? I think it's a possibility that his father abandoned Rikki and Ruben and has maybe now only found out. Or, he found out a while ago and has been stewing over it.

Who knows? I'm not particularly convinced by this theory myself but I do think that Danny's gonna continue to have some issues relating to Ruben throughout S5, or at least I hope so.

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I don't really think Ruben's father would show up, or show up angry. I think that too much time has passed, as Kimmy has said.

One possibility that intrigues me is what about the lady from the bodega (I can't remember her name) who actually shot Ruben. What if there's something to to with Rikki serving her a Wrongful Death suit, or the DA pressing charges?

That would be extremely hard on Danny, give Rikki reason to return, and it would also give Lindsay a way to come to the rescue.

The thing is, from the end of PF, Danny appears to still be having a hard time processing his grief over the Ruben incident, so yeah, the continuity would be nice.

As far as Louie and Tanglewood go I don't think they'll do that. It would be nice to see Danny have a run in with some other current and former Tanglewood Boys. Or even nice to hear a mention of Louie again.

However, with Sonny Sassone in prison, I don't think there was much of a gang left, IIRC. Wasn't it mostly Sassone, Louie, and that Szabo guy?

10. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

I don't like the idea of Little Miss Whiney coming to the rescue. I think it should be Mac and possibly Adam. I think Adam would be good because of what Danny did at the end of S3 where he created a distraction and all that so Adam would now come and pay him back so to speak.

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I do agree that Mac or Adam would be better than Lindsay. Alas, I'd heard about some sort of Danny drama where Lindsay would be coming to the rescue, that's mostly the reason why I'd put that there.

I'd much rather it be Adam. I don't think he's had a chance to save Danny. Mac did in Tanglewood, Lindsay and Flack did in "All in the Family," so I think Adam's due. I can see Adam feeling like he owed From Snow Day, so that continuity would be nice.

12. Top41

I wouldn't take the spoilers too seriously. Lindsay might come to the rescue or she might not--they sure didn't form that perfect heart in season four. ;) We'll see what happens.

As for too much time passing for Ruben's father to return...I don't agree with that. The guy could be a deadbeat dad, but that doesn't mean he didn't love his son. He may very well have loved him very much, but maybe Rikki kicked him out because he had drug issues or gang involvement or something like that. Maybe he's been in prison and he gets out and learns his kid is dead and decides to come after Danny. I definitely think it's a possibility--I have no idea how strong a possibility it is, though.

I really thought Rikki was going to come back pregnant. *shrug* I think the guesses about some sort of legal process throwing Danny and Rikki back together are definitely plausible. I don't see Rikki as the litigious type, but I could see her coming back to testify in a criminal trial, or watch Danny testify. I guess we'll see...

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I was thinking of Ruben's father's return as being low in possibility due to Rikki appearing in multiple episodes in season five. So if it's the sole reason for her return, then yeah, I don't see it being a big possibility without it being a tedious, dragged out plot with a very predictable ending. But as a starting point, okay, that I can see ... but it'll still have a predictable ending though. :lol: Danny's obviously not going to die, and even if he gets seriously injured ala Snow Day, if the Black Hole of Doom has anything to say about it, he'll be bouncing back the next week like nothing happened. Broken hand and ribs healed in 10 days, anyone?! :lol:

Then Rikki was very smart in dumping his deadbeat ass. :cool: A guy who comes out of prison just to go try hurting or killing a cop sure deserves the Darwin award and a trip straight back to jail. :lol:

14. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Hi everyone

just droped to say hello, its been a while.

Engaged in deep conversations as always.

Well I have spent a great summer in Italy. Looking forward to returning csi files.

Thats all 4 now.

Till next time :p

15. Top41

Maybe we're going to get better continuity this season? A girl can dream! :lol:

I see what you're saying about it being tough to bring Rikki back for four episodes if it's just about her ex threatening/hurting Danny. But maybe the ex is only in one episode and whatever happens brings Danny and Rikki closer. Or maybe it's a catalyst for something. I'm just not sure I can see them doing a criminal trial that last four episodes or something like that. But maybe? Either way, I'm happy and excited for Danny drama. :D

Oh without a doubt, if that's the case, Rikki was so right to kick him to the curb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.