Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I think Danny was somewhat in shock immediately after Ruben's death, though it did come up in little ways, like in his conversation with Angell and the kindergarten comment. I think he was totally overwhelmed by it and unsure of what exactly to do. I'm glad we didn't get rage and anger from him because I think that would have been too much, and also him making it about himself. I'm glad they didn't go that route, and I think it would have been out of character for him anyway. Even when he's dramatic about things, it's not a matter of him really making it a "Look at me! Woe is me!" thing.

I love the idea of him completely losing it, too. I think we saw the beginnings last season, and maybe as early as when Louie was beaten. Danny is so emotional and it's kind of hard to believe that he won't be breaking down at some point with all of this totally emotional stress he's been under. Being responsible for the death of a child (or feeling you are) is more than most people could take, and Danny is more emotional and vulnerable than most people.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Exactly. While Danny is not responsible for Ruben's death, he was at the time responsible for keeping him safe. I can't imagine the turmoil that must cause. I know some people struggled to understand why Danny was reacting as he was to Ruben's death, when he 'seemed' to cope (at least on a continuity basis) with Aiden's death and Louie's beating. I think the death of a child brings a whole layer of angst that for someone like Danny will eat away at him until he can't cope any longer. But, I think that ultimately Ruben's death (and whatever triggers come up in S5) will be the final straw and he's going to snap. I'm intrigued as to how this will play out. We've seen Danny being a hot head so it's possible he shifts into a 'don't care' mode where he starts to take risks that put him (and maybe other's) in danger. Or it could be that he sinks into a pit of despair that sees his ultimate near destruction - I have faith that it won't be total destruction and that something will drag him out of it eventually. :)

3. LME

LME Police Officer

For me next season I would like to see something along the lines of Tanglewood. This, to me has a number of possible different story lines that could run and run and also could provide various different outcomes. I am sure that Sonny will have connections even if he is still in prison. Plus, we may just get to find out what the hell happened to Louie :wtf:. I like to think that he is not dead because they would have mentioned it in the last 2 seasons - but who knows! :confused: So maybe Louie could be Dannys drama i.e. Mr and Mrs Messer decide to turn the life support off.

I think that they will still be reference to Rubens death as Rikki will be back for a few episodes. I wonder if she will return around the time of the first anniversary. I think that it would be nice to see him finally forgive himself for rubens death - although I think that he may never be able to do it completely.

4. Top41

Call me evil, but I kind of like the idea of Danny in danger next season. Carmine plays that stuff really well, and Danny is the one character who everyone on the show really seems to have a deep emotional connection to and feels kind of protective of in one way or another. Everyone worries about Danny because he is the most emotionally fragile member of the team. So I think that could be an interesting storyline for everybody, that would draw the whole team in.

I'm split on Tanglewood. On one hand, I liked the storyline and would be curious to see what more could be done with it. On the other, it's already two seasons old. I'm not sure it could be brought back without it feeling forced or out of left field.

If Louie comes back, I think it should be in a different capacity. Some other bit of trouble he's in, or maybe as a suspect in a murder? That would really gut Danny.

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

At this point, I just wanna know if he's even alive. :lol:

6. Top41

Didn't Carmine say he was?

I'm not going to get my hopes up for Louie until we hear something about him actually coming back.

But I am happy with what we've got. Hearing that Veasey said we'd be getting lots of Danny drama--independent of Lindsay!--definitely made my day. I'm really looking forward to season five. I love Danny drama. :D

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

He did? :lol: I remember his answer of, "No, nothing about Mr. Louie," in response to whether there was anything coming up for the guy. Good to know Louie's alive though!
    So I guess the question is, is he still in a coma or is he back up and walking? :p

Same here. I do love how mysterious/quiet TPTB is keeping about the Danny drama. Even Carmine was hushhush about it back in Rome.

8. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

Well I'm glad to see that we're now on to a new thread and I must say that I absolutely love the pics that were posted.

As for S5 I gonna go with everyone else and say that I want to see some Danny drama.

9. Top41

I thought I had followed up with "But he's alive?" or something like that and he'd said yes. I think Lenkov was more vague, but I'm too lazy at the moment to go check the interviews. :lol:

I can't wait. I'll admit that I shamelessly love Danny drama. Shamelessly and without apology. :D I love what they do with the character emotionally and how much he feels things. Of all the characters, I think he's the one "regular people" can most connect with. He hasn't been hardened by the job. Maybe he's a little too emotional sometimes (ok, not maybe ;) ) but that makes him all the more interesting in my eyes. :)

10. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Who doesn't love Danny drama? Show that one who hates it :D Although he is not a lead character he had the biggest development in the show, and from the spoilers he will get more. Danny drama is always welcomed in my book (and the new season starts on birthday, so I will take it as a present from TPTB to me *batting eyelashes")

11. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Oh god me too. I thrive on Danny drama. Carmine knows that character so well, and delivers him so fantastically I clamor for every. Little. Chance. To put Danny through something tough or angsty or what have you. I'm hungry for this new season. I need my fix.

12. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

I don't know what it is about it but I just love it when Danny's in danger. I love it when he's vulnerable. I also think that Carmine is communicating the character so well and really conveying the depths and shallows of Danny.

13. Top41

Oh, I love it when Danny's in danger. He's such a mouthy little damsel-in-distress. Remember when Jerry took him hostage in "Trapped"? Danny was more pissed off about the fact that Jerry could have opened the door the whole time than he was that Jerry was pointing a gun at him! :eek: :lol:

And then there was "Snow Day"...and Danny's little "distraction" that got him beat up pretty badly. He was pretty lippy then, too, but it was obvious how scared he was when the thugs made him call Flack.

Thank goodness Flack was there both times, because every damsel-in-distress needs a knight in shining armor. ;) :D

Since Danny always seems to find himself in danger or in trouble one way or another, how do you think he'll find it this season? :shifty: Victim of kidnapping? Target of a serial killer? Abducted by aliens?

14. VThewannabe

VThewannabe Victim

I cant see him changing much, I think he cant help get the last word in (argumentative little sod :))and if anything I think he may get a little angrier with life, who wouldnt if they had the crap that he has had dumped on him.

This could be his fall from grace, binge drinking maybe turning up to work half cut :(

Not that i would want to see this :thumbsup: I woud want to see him step up finally get his promotion and live happily ever after :lol:

15. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Haha I love that! That seems like such a typical "hardener New Yorker" kind of decision too. Would rather deal with some gun toting nut than let anybody waste their time and inconvenience them. XD Too well written/delivered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.