The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hello all...

Well hasn't the Fort been a busy place? Anyone notice that the site was down yesturday???

Well regarding titles etc- yeah its Nick and Greg, but in real life I like Wojo prefer Eric and George.:drool::thumbsup:

My quest- to aid my recovery is to watch all of CSI in reverse order lol. So im watching season 7, just watched upto Fannysmackin' (well the one after that)

When i was watching Fannysmackin' Catherine hesitated and said a female? You all recall that??? She so knows about Greg's sexuality.

Watching my poor Greggo get beaten up is a challenge for me, I hate, hate, hate seeing my Greggo hurt.

I mean how on earth can Demetris James' mother say he was a good boy... Hello!!! When Greg rolled up in his SVU he had to decide to either help or let the poor person die. Clearly his mother is under the impression that her son is a good boy, im sorry I dont really like the James's family- maybe my eyes didn't see that Demetris picked up a rock and was gonna kill that man with it....

He stopped turned around and run directly towards Greg.

So Greg saved that man's life...

I think Greg is a hero-. Poor Ol' Nick trying to battle on, when all he wants to do is go see Greg.

[​IMG]

After that they grew closer- maybe after Grissom saw Greg in the hospital- maybe he was honest enough to tell his mother about his job and about Nick.

Hahahaha Greg on the phone to a woman- i think it might've been his mother/best female friend from childhood.... Don't ask me why, I just think that way lol. Maybe because he is trying to make ol' Nick jealous- or for Nick to see Greg.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

I'm pleased the 'unsaid' isn't just in my twisted mind...in all your twisted minds too! Lovely :D MLC - absolutely, it's because Sara was there, he just added the 'Greg' in his head and gave him a pointed look. I like to imagine they had been discussing marriage at some point prior to that conversation.

As for the Nick/Greg or Greg/Nick thing I have been known to say both, but I think I tend to say Nick/Greg because that's what most people say and also it sounds better. I wouldn't always put the man's name first either. For example, I always say Catherine/Warrick never Warrick/Catherine. Because that doesn't sound right. So I'm not reading much into it :)

Lynn - I have noticed that on quite a few of the promotional photos, in my opinion too many to write off as coincidence. Also on my s2 dvd, there is a glossy insert thing and each cast member has a photo, everyone else has their own page, and yet Greg and Nick are on the same page :D Can't be separated...lol. Made me smile anyway. It's amazing where you can find subtext isn't it? haha.

Ah Fannysmackin' makes me sad. Not a big fan of any member of the James family, I have to say. I think they were already pretty damn close if the look on Nick's face and the stomach-punching incident are anything to go by.

I love that photo of him on the phone. I'm sorry but there's no way he's not trying to make Nick jealous, look at both their faces! Heh. And now I'm convinced he's talking to Sara, after what Lynn said. Indeed, someone must write a fanfic...please not me...I'm writing angst again (sorry) :rolleyes:

Nat x

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh well to each their own really, thats my take on it, but like I said before everyone has their own views on it. Personally I dont think that he is talking to Sara. IF you listen closely you can hear a voice, and its not her's I'm betting its his mothers.... But hey what do I know?

Oh by the way that fanfic has already been written, dont know who did it though.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

*OMG* Candygirl you're right! It's really hard to hear this voice but it is there. Yeah, probably it can't be Sara's voice. But well, who knows? Funny situation and version with Sara is really nice. Hmm... but his mother's voice... it is possible, really. I know that what I'll say it's not an good argument but always something - his voice was so damn "sweet", not to lover, no way! He (maybe) tried to act like that... Nah, it's good even for Sara's option. I'm on the fence now, lol.

EDIT: I just watched this scene again. Yeah, it wasn't Sara's voice, for me in 100%. Voice was much older. I had also other idea. Greg is talking with a phone consultant. When Nick arrived he got an idea - "maybe I'll pretend that I have a girlfriend just to make him jealous?" And he started to say "I love you..." Poor consultant didn't know what to say and trying to stop him with very polite voice. LOL Ok, and again I watched it, and now I heard this voice more clearly - she was saying "I love you". So back to mother's idea or maybe a long time friend... ehhh, Greggo, Greggo...

I didn't cut a part with phone consultant 'cause it's funny idea I think, lol. But truly the scenario was much different. He was really saying that he loves that person. And it was female voice... Sorry, not my fault... But I really heard it few times.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I just watched All for Our Country (S4) again and noticed that while Greg is shown looking for that bottle Nick's shown processing evidence. Coincidence? I don't think so!! :thumbsup:
    Plus later on Nick and Greg are in the lab talking, well to me it looks more like flirting, just the way Nicky stands there, smiling and then Grissom comes in.
    I looked for a screencap but couldn't find any. But they were definitely flirting. Just the way Nicky smiled and the tone of the conversation...

About that telephone call. Well, even if it was a girl I don't think it was Greg's girlfriend. The whole scene looked so staged! Greg clearly wanted to see how Nick would react. And Nick did react! Just look at Greg's grin later on when he asks him if he never goofs off!

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Man I've been gone to long. Lets see. As for how I talk about the love I always say Nicky/Greggo. I don't know why. Like Sara's Girl said its the same way form me with YOBLING as well, its always Cath/Warrick, never the other way aroound. SO its the same with the boys.

Also the voice on the phone with Greggo in that scene must have been his mom or something. I also agree that maybe he was just trying to make Nicky jealous. Which he seemed to accomplish with the look on Nicky's face the second he realized Greggo was talking to a women on the phone. As for Fannysmackin it was on yesterday and I could not watch it at all, still makes me sad.

love_fan-
    I know the scene you are talking about. I love it as well. But I too am having trouble finding a screen shot of it.

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Now you can scream at me: "What you've done!" Well, I've done it... I made a transcript from Greg's phone discussion:

Voice: Honey, do you love me?
    Greg: You know, I love you.
    Voice: Are you sure?
    Greg: Yes... No, I love you... na... I love you.
    Voice:... I cannot wait. (Greg smiled widely to Nick)
    Greg: Bye, baby.

Some things was really hard to hear, you know, I'm not Archie:lol:

Well, I really don't see problem in this situation. Firstly, Greg's bi so he can have a girlfriend (or on the phone it was just a long-time friend). Secondly, he turned to Nick and smiled widely - he wanted him to be jealous. And of course, Greg flirted with Nick after few seconds. In this time they weren't a couple so Greg could do what he wanted.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

See that is what I was thinking too. We basically all think that Greg is bi, so it is very possible he was talking to a girlfriend on the phone but also knowing it would drive Nick crazy to think he was with a girl and not with him. I believe Nick and him were just in the flirting stages at that point too and not really dating. Greg doing most of the flirting. :lol:

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

If you listen to the call very carefully you can hear a female voice answering him back. I don't think the guys were seeing each other then so its cool. But Greg wanted to make Nick jealous.

FannySmackin was on SpikeTV last night, I had forgotten it was on so I put it on to see which ep was on and I turned it on just as Greg hit DJ with his car. So I had to watch Greg get his fanny smacked, I've seen it a hundrede times and it still bothers me.

speaking of spoilers, I have seen none as far as N/G together, in fact very few about Greg at all but I will share the few I've seen.
    1)Greg cancels his trip to see the book publishers because of wht happened to Warrick. 2) Greg goes to grief counciling...the end

10. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

I'm a little shocked at the idea of Greg going to grief counceling. That seems more of a Nick thing to do. But I'm not surprised that he canceled his meetings. If he didn't, I'd be mad at him, as would Nick, I'm sure. But hey, maybe he's going to the counceling with Nick. Who knows? Guess we'll find out.

Ok, so I've never done a spoiler thingy before. I hope I got it to work right.
    Anyway, Nat... those extra lines you added in... nope. I think they were there, they just mussed up the volume somehow and the words just didn't make it. Or maybe someone fiddled with the boom mikes or something. lol.

As far as I'm concerned Nick/Greg sounds better than Greg/Nick and Sanders-Stokes sounds better than Stokes-Sanders. btw, I always have them answer the phone in my fics with "Sanders-Stokes Residence" just cause it gives their relationship some solidarity, and shows it to others, proving that they are together and aren't willing to be separated.

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I'm with you. This call was in S1 so no way they were seeing each other back then. And yes, Greg's bi and maybe it was his girlfriend. It really doesn't matter because he wanted to make Nicky jealous and that means he wasn't really into his girlfriend anymore.

Ah, I was hoping Greg would cancel the trip. I mean no way he'd go through with it after he heard the news! I just hope that TPTB don't cut the whole storyline.
    I'm excited about grief counceling. They could really do so much but the way I see it we will only get to see him for like a second :eek: But hey, let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe Greg gets more screentime this season!

Thanks for the transcript of the phone call Deirdre. What if his girlfriend knew that Greg wasn't a hundred percent into the relationship anymore? She calls to make a date with him and he actually wanted to let her down but then he saw Nick on his way to the lab and just turned the whole situation around?

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Exactly love fan. It was moment there when Greg turned to Nick and smiled. She was talking and talking, but he didn't care - his Nicky was behind. When Greg said "bye, baby" his voice changed, he couldn't act anymore. Oh, our cute Greggo, when Nicky is around he just can't think about other things - he's trying but we know what's inside his head when hot Texan is near:devil:

I was sure that Greg will be back. That was just impposible. His friend died and Nick really need him, maybe more than he think? I'm very happy that he'll make this decision - nothing is more important than his friends and love.
    Love fan, agree with jumping to conclusions. I hope that Greg will have more screentime.

13. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Ah....fork it :( I didn't realise that if I quoted you ^^ I'd see the spoiler. I'm stupid. Oh well it's my own fault for declaring myself a spoiler-free zone this season, I should have known it would never happen. They're murder on GSR thread for them too, I feel like I'm sitting there with my hands over my eyes :lol: Oh well now I've seen it I agree with you Queen, I can see that as something they maybe do together. Aw.

Yes, some unscrupulous sound editor made sure those lines were inaudible...I wonder how many other epis he worked on *scratches chin* I wanna have a game of 'what's the missing line' now. Heh. I'm going to see what else I can add when I have more time :D

Ok so...maybe he was on the phone to a girlfriend. I concede. But...I don't think they were together in s1 either so it's ok. I love the idea that she's calling and asking if he loves her 'cause she can sense his interest slipping away. Well of course it is, with his Nicky around. Hah. I feel bad for her a little, but you can't stand in the way of true love *sigh*

Sanders-Stokes all the way for me too...in fact the I'm sure I have Greg give that as the exact reason for it being that way round in a fic. So you must be right. Greg's logic is irrefutable.

(btw QOTU I just realised I never replied to your PM. I'm goldfish-esque, sorry. Doing it now! :) )

Chapter 1 of something new (and it's super short by my standards!):

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=5183

Nat x

14. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hey y'all, its me again lol.

Ahh read the spoilers- I posted in the spoiler section so not gonna repeat myself again... Poor poor Nicky...Thats all im goona say.

When is Season 8 going to come out in England??

I agree with you all that in the early seasons they- Nick and Greg was not together at all- Flirting-teasing- the looks for sure. Ahh, look what I've started with that phone call... Isn't it funny how we all know that Greg is bisexual and Nick is a closseted gay man? But for the life of me I cant thnk of Greg as being gay or Nick as being bisexual.

Does anyone else think that Hodges is jealous of either one? Or is it just me? :drool:

Ok just watching the episode with Micky Dunn..where Micky dunn done dead lol... Season seven- which episodes had the most flrting/or eye contact/or anything between the men?

Regarding other ships i like are- Don&Flack, Cath&Warrick, Cath&Warrick, and with the boys, sorry to say... Greg/Sara, Sara/Cath/Wendy/Lady H.

Ok ok, i know i know, can I include- Greg/Hodges/Nick.

What does it make me and my ships??

LOL it can work... But my first greatest love is Nick and Greg....

Oh and Nat- lol its ok... your not stupid...
    Deirdre- thanks for that back up.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  15. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I'm soo glad Greg's coming back to be with the team. I couldn't see it being any other way, to be honest. Greg's the kind of guy who would immediately cancel and sprint back home, just to be with his friends.
    Another spoiler I read concerned Nicky. Apparently someone's behaviour is changing, and the team actually notices it. This made me extremely happy, seeing as how bad things have happened to Nick in the past, and it barely seems to affect him. This ... this is major, and I'm glad TPTB are treating it that way. I can't wait to see the angst that unfolds. xD
    So my friend and I were hanging out yesterday when a huge plot bunny kind of hit me. We were talking about Nick/Greg, when an idea came to my mind. So here's the scenario:
    Nick's been getting a lot of grief at work because he doesn't have a girlfriend. The labrats tease him, the other CSI's kind of jab at him, and Nick's had enough. No one knows that he and Greg are going out, and Nick isn't ready to tell yet, so what's he supposed to do?
    Enter Greg. Without Nick's permission or even Nick knowing, Greg dresses up as a woman and comes into work on his day off, knowing that Nick will be there. He lurks about for a while, waiting for Nick and others to take a break, then he goes in, introducing himself as Nick's girlfriend. Ha, her name should be Stephanie. >.< Or Kristy ... anyways, that's as far as my plot bunny goes. Anyone care to snag it? I feel like I don't have much time to write anymore, so go right ahead and take it if ya feel like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.