Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

As much as I don't like playing devil's advocate ( I lie...I actually do :) ), I feel I need to defend the girl since everyone seems to hate her and the seventh season hasn't even started yet.

Breathe everyone! Look at first at who she's replacing, Kandi Alexander was an amazing actress that was completely underutalized. Many of you have already decided not to like the girl simply because she's replacing probably the coolest former ME in the CSI Franchise. I think we should all be witholding judgement until we can see what this girl can do.

My case in point...Jonathan Togo. I bet five bucks that Rory fans all over the world had a heart attack when they found out that this 27-year-old (at the time) nobody was taking his spot. Everyone was determined not to like him. But then what happened? Jon ended up being this amazing actor and we all fell in love with him, and he continues to blow us away.

I think this will happen again, we may not like what's going down...but it is and I'm going to give this girl the benfit of the doubt because I love CSI Miami and the amazing characters it protrays. I'll definately be watching the second episode with a critical eye, but with an attiude that the show must go on...even without our amazing ME.

Time will tell if the TPTB made the right decision, but for now...mellow out people and do some yoga with me till September 22. :)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Firstly, let me just say that I don't hate this girl at all. And I knew that there would be a replacement for Khandi. That is so not the issue here for me. It has nothing to do with her replacing a fan favorite. Nothing at all, at least for me. I personally think it's completely unfair to immediately hate someone just because they are replacing a fan favorite.

Also, I don't think the age comparison between Jonathan and Rory is anywhere near the same as the difference between Khandi and this new girl. There's only five years difference between the guys. Where as with Khandi and the new girl there's at least a fifteen year age difference. When Rory left the show, they got someone fairly close to his age to come in and fill the void left by Rory's exit. And they weren't particularly looking for a "much younger model". It is clear that that's exactly what they were doing in regards to the new ME.

As for Jonathan, I had seen him in Special Unit 2 long before he was on CSI: Miami. And I loved him the very first time I saw him on SU2. He was great on there just as he is on Miami. And I was very excited when I found out he was going to be added to the cast of Miami, thus I started watching the show religiously (cause before I only watched once in a while, despite the fact that I do like Rory Cochrane a lot lol) and now I absolutely love the show (despite it's tendency to get kind of like a comic book once in a while lol).

But, going back to the new girl. I really do hope she surprises me (in a good way) and that the character grows on me. But, I'm still annoyed at the producers for the whole "trading in for a much younger model" thing. And that aspect of it will always bother me. I think I was so frustrated by that aspect of it at first that I might have taken it out on the poor actress and I didn't mean to. I apologize for that. Now had they brought in this new girl as a CSI, I'd be fine with for the most part. But the fact that they are replacing Alexx with a much younger "model" just really irks me.

Anyway, we need some new spoilers. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  3. Megamel

Megamel Victim

Just a few ideas:
    Maybe the shooting wasn't staged, but the death was.
    24 is way too young to be an ME, I don't care how great an actress you are.
    Someone earlier asked about Calleigh's car accidents. There was the time she wound up in the water. The time she got in that shootout and drove into a store front. And the one she may potentially get into in the new season. That's all I remember.

4. GregNickRyanFan

I think the whole thing shooting and death was staged, but some bad guy found out it was gonna go down and used the oppurtunity to actually shoot H for real and he's injured, but of course not dead.

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah, it's the same for me. The issue is not that she's replacing a character--in fact, I never really liked Alexx. Nothing personal to Khandi, of course. The issue is that they're bringing in a character that couldn't possibly be experienced enough to be a medical examiner. And despite not really preferring the actress in the first place, (but who knows, maybe she'll be a great addition to the team) I'm just frustrated that TPTB even considered a character so young. Like, no. She would need an MD and unless she graduated highschool when she was 13, it makes no sense. I can't imagine a 13 year old in her first year of medical school in this day and age. I don't know, maybe it does happen.

I know, CSI:Miami is not set in reality but the show pulls from reality, otherwise the sky would be purple and cops would be in clown suits. Since they aren't, it's a fair bet to say TPTB are making a show based on a real profession whilst using some poetic lisence. (Because they do do research and have some former cops, CSUs on staff so it's not all completely pulled out of the air. They probably moreso depended on this in the first few seasons as opposed to now, but my argument still stands.)

But having an ME this young is just a stupid decision, point blank. We get that Miami is a hot spot and that showing women in low cut shirts gets ratings, and maybe this character is some child prodigy but give me a break. This just reinforces the fact that they think Miami is all about glam and the people are all skinny models and they're going to shove it down our throats until the show ends.

And no, I don't hate the show and yes I'm going to watch because I still mostly enjoy the show despite its short-comings. :p

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  6. GregNickRyanFan

Well, the reason it bothers me so much is because I feel it can send a very dangeous message to young girls/women everywhere. The message that once you hit 30, you're "damaged goods" or whatever. Its just as dangerous a message as telling a magazine full of readers that a woman who wears say a size 2 is "fat". It's no wonder a lot of young girls and women are obsessed with body size and looks and doing very dangerous things to maintain a size/looks according to Hollywood's very messed up standards. I mean, how do parents explain to their young daughters that you don't have to look like supermodels or tv stars in order to be successful or loved?

I still kind of hope that they explain why Kyle had that gun. I hope it's because he overheard Ron threatening Horatio and Kyle goes there with the gun to try to defend his father. That would be awesome to see that ... cause he's been a little cold and distant towards Horatio as of late. :lol:

7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Oh I couldn't agree more about the Kyle thing. That would be just too cute. He has been pretty cold to H, but despite that I get the feeling that he also really looks up to his father. I wonder if Kyle is clued in that his father isn't dead in the season premiere. What if he isn't told and he just starts to sob or something? Or better yet, he runs off to seek revenge in true Caine style! :lol:

8. GregNickRyanFan

You know, it would be interesting if he isn't told and he thinks H is dead and then he blames Julia. But, I like the idea of him running off to seek revenge too.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

7.03 is titled "Head Case"

First off, Valera is in the episode. :)

Chelsea Marsh is found dead in her mother's psychiatrist office. She's found stabbed to death. Turns out the psychiatrist who's daughter was murdered is also the psychiatrist who Eric is seeing. Eric and Calleigh have a small moment talking about whether it would be hard on him going into the crime scene.

Chelsea, the victim was stealing prescriptions from her mom.

Also, there's a new trace technician. Luke Reynolds.

More from delkolover or me later.

10. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Calleigh didn't drive into the store front. She was in the middle of the street, outside of her vehicle at the time, trying to save her own life. To me that doesn't constitute *Calleigh's* car accident.

11. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Love love love the title- wonder if Eric can recommend the shrink now that the dr. kid is taking pills. Great if Valera there too..wonder if this is a move into Calleigh needing some therapy after all her stress...At least it's not another millionaire story-average people at last...

12. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

So I haven't been on in a few months, and I figure most of the board regulars from when I was frequently visiting are gone (hehe not Geni ;)) but hi everyone.

I've been skimming through the spoilers for the new season and I have a few ideas/questions/and some input.

So we know that Horatio was shot. Whether or not it was staged, or just his death was staged, or the entire thing was real, we're unclear. I've heard different things, and I'm still not sure what exactly is supposed to happen. Would anyone happen to know exactly what does happen, whether he's shot for real, and if it was indeed staged, if it was just death or the shot itself as well.

I personally hope that the shot was at least real. Not that I have an issue with H (I love good old HoCaine) but the recent change from the good old days to... Miami justice, superman status H has me upset. Back in season I-III, H was the sweet, comforting, reassuring cop who could soothe any child, and be there for victims and their families in their hour of need. Now, he walks around shooting people, and acting more coldhearted and dark then I remember. To Kill a Pedophile? Riaz in Brazil? His other thugs two seasons later? When are we gonna get to see the good, sweet, semi-innocent, uncorrupted cop again? I feel as if he's almost sunk to the level his brother was at, where he's lost himself.

Of course being shot won't cause him to do a 180, but hopefully, some of the 'I can withstand anything, I am Super H, hear me roar' crap will stop. I don't know about everyone else here, but I miss what used to make Horatio different, more sweet. Now he's just... cold and distant.

As far as Ryan and his involvement goes... don't even get me started. I He's been through so much already, and I can only pray that his involvement puts him in a good place. Hopefully he was trying to help in the end. It could be thought that, if the shot indeed was staged, that he was supposed to find Horatio. But in that case, my earlier point wouldn't matter.

But I can't have everything I want I guess. :rolleyes:

Either way, I'm excited for the premiere, and it's the only thing that keeps me anxious about September (school :wtf:)

13. ceci12788

ceci12788 Victim

Yay!! valeria is bac...excitin now i really cnt wait...and bout E/C atleast for now from the spoiler there bond is still there (im assumin since after jake came back )... csi miami will continue bn the #1 show in the world once season 7 airs

14. GregNickRyanFan

Yay! they should just go ahead and add her to the opening credits as a full time cast member. She's been in 65 eps already which is the same number of eps listed on imdb for AJ Cook who is a regular on Criminal Minds.

Any idea if Valera has any scenes with Ryan in this ep? I love their scenes together. :)

:confused: What the heck happened to Aaron? I liked him. Wasn't he the trace tech? Or did he do something else? And don't they need a new AV person since Cooper was fired?

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Thank you for the spoilers, vegaslights. That sounds interesting. I can't wait to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.