The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I had to rewatch Fallen Idols to make sure they didn't touch. Hm, what can I say, I'm not so sure anymore. If you look closely Nick's hand came "dangerously" near to Greg's arm. But since they both wear black it's hard do say if he touched him or not.
    Anyway, something else I noticed in that episode. When Nick's asking that boy in hospital the boy tells him he always waited for the girl during her cheerleading practice and poor ignorant Nick is like, "Doesn't it take like hours?" And the boy has to tell him that watching them practice is actually fun (well, that's not exactly what he said, but it's what he meant). Just shows us that Nick's so not a ladies man.
    And did you notice that Nick wore a wrist band? Here's a picture. I was looking at his watch and noticed it:
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/Season 7/717 Fallen Idols/normal_717_502.jpg
    It just struck me as odd because I don't think Nick's the person to wear a wrist band. Greg on the other hand ...

2. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Maybe Greg gave Nicky the wristband (aaahhh sweet!!).

I defiantly think they were together in the earlier seasons but I am not so sure about the later seasons. I watched Leapin lizards for the first time last night. I was shocked when Nick said that dating coworkers is a bad idea. sounds like his talking from personal experiance (what does this mean for Nick & Greg??). I wish Greg was in that scene instead of Warrick, I would love it if Nick called greg "honey/hun" - sorry cannot remember which one it was.

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I think that today I'll watch this epi again. When I saw it first time I didn't think about touching... Shame on me, I know! Now I need to check it...

Hmm... Need to drool over my Nicky's pics collection... Honestly? That's strange... I can't notice other pics with writsband in my collection. I think I'll ask also in The Ward. I see it only in the Fallen Idols. Another thing to check...;)

LoneWolfe, Leapin' Lizards I'll watch today too... I don't remember in which moment Nicky was saying that.

4. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

First point...goddamn that's a cute idea :D I love the idea of Nick wearing something a little out of the ordinary for him because Greg gave it to him, or because it belongs to Greg in the first place. It's kind of daring for Nick because if he's a little nervous of getting found out, and someone like Catherine would *so* comment on something like that. *is knocked flat by fluffy plot bunny* Oh dear. Your fault. I'm writing the gym smut, by the by :D

Second point...I don't remember that, I'll have to rewatch. As for what it means, it probably just means they had a fight (to me, not anything serious because I don't think they ever broke up) but I can see them having an argument then having to work together that shift before they can sort it out, and Nick being all bitter and fed up and thinking that dating co-workers is a bad idea. Maybe after he has his little outburst he goes and apologises to Greg :) Oh...make-up smut??

Hobbies...the idea of Greg birdwatching seriously amuses me. Doesn't Greg collect coins? I can totally see him sitting down with Nick and trying to explain what's so interesting about it...Nick not getting it all but trying. What epi is that, where Greg talks to Grissom about coin collecting? Anyone? It's cute and I don't know why.

MsCatherineBrown - thanks so much! Thanks for reading as always :D

Nat x

Oh god, me too! And I love Sara, I really do, but the idea of them together makes me nauseous. Not to worry, it was all a cover anyway, I think. And she knows it too, that's why she never takes his flirting seriously :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh, do I need repeat about my eagle eyes? Better not:guffaw:

And about this Bull pic, I was sure it was watch! lol. I know, not this hand:lol: But I like this kind of watches, they were quite popular in Europe (or maybe they still are, I even have one, lol). So I'll do today my homework - watch all epis from 7th and 8th season, notice every time when I see wristband. Two times of course every epi... Ok, but now serious (or try to be)...

Collecting coins? Really? I don't remember that, Sara's Girl.

7. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Ah yes, the coin collecting part. I think a quote from that goes something like this:
    Gil Grissom: So, let's see. You surf, you scuba dive. You're into latex, you like fashion models and Marilyn Manson. And you also have a coin collection?
    Greg Sanders: Weird, ha?
    Gil Grissom: Well, I race cockroaches!
    ^-^ Fashion models? Please. He's all about Nicky. xD
    Hmm ... I could definitely see those two sitting down, Greg's got all his coins around him and he's so excited to be letting Nick in on his world, and Nick just doesn't have a clue. But he can tell how excited Greggo is, and he doesn't give up on it.

8. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

OMG, I had no idea! Wow, I really have to pay closer attention to that. I was just watching Rashomama and never saw it.

LoneWolf001, what a great idea. It was actually my first thought too because it's something so un-Nicky-like.
    Maybe Greg gave it to him for their anniversary? Wouldn't that be great? And maybe I'm wrong but I remember someone saying that the ring was from his old college/university? So, maybe Greg found out that there were wrist bands too, and because he's Greg he thought it would look good on Nicky!

And Sara's Girl, of course Cath noticed it, we just never got to see that scene! ;)

9. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Well I never noticed the wristband but it looks good on him. I'm positive that Greggo gave it to him because that's what Greggo does. I would love to see a fic about that.

You're right Sara's Girl, Sara was all about Grissom which I was grateful for. By the way, I read you anfic and loved it. I love your writing.

Hmm coin collecting. It seems so strange to hear that it's Greg who does that. It's so out of character and yet it's not. Greg is so unpredictable. Which is only one of the reasons I love him.

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Yeah, fashion models... right:lol:

Oh, I see MLC this cute scene. Nicky is not so courageous like Greggo. He won't do any step to take him from all his coin collection. Not like G during trip for observing birds...:devil:

11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Well Nicky could be a fashion model. :lol: But remember in season six Time of Your Death. Catherine predicates Greggo's fantasy including fashion models. And he say ah that was last year. So yeah we all know what his real fantasy would be. :devil:

As for the hobby thing I think the boys would be able to come to some sort of compromise. Like maybe Nicky would go out dancing with Greggo. And then Greggo would go with Nicky camping or bird watching. But its like their choices in music, Greggo like Marylin Manson and Nicky like Tim Magraw. Yet they syill are able to compromise on what to listen to when and not drive each other nuts with it. Also when you are in a committed relationship like that are you learn to enjoy what your partner likes because you see it as part of them. So basically Nicky and Greggo are two halves that make a whole.

12. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Exactly MsCatherineBrown- that is indeed what love is about, compromising, and respecting each others' taste and passions...otherwise we'd all be dating ourselfs lol.

Yes Greg respects Nick to spend enough time with him, loving him, but also recognising that they can do things together, as well as apart. Greg has his friends- and Nick has his- even though Nick's circle of friends isn't as big as Greg's.

Aww people i've been very down with love recently, but after seeing Mamma Mia! Love between Nick and Greg is very real... One can only hope to ever find in life something similar to what they have- but i doubt it.

Nick and Greg are the love!!!

13. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

I just heard there's a Brokeback Mountain reference in the new Batman movie. Just thought I'd mention that. Maybe I'll find time to see it sometime this week. lol, too bad there's no Love reference... lol.

It's funny, I saw the ep on last Thursday night and my Mom was in the room for just a moment. She was just getting up as Greg came on the screen and I made a comment about the hot guy, asking if I could have him with my desert. Sadly, he was gone by the time she'd turned to see who I was talking about. But... Nick came on not too long after and I commented about how good looking he was and she agreed with me, that he really was good looking. lol, the sad part... the ep was the one where Keppler first shows up and Greg's only in one scene. Maybe two at the most, and so I had to show her a picture on my computer instead. *sigh* He's working the case, but only shares one pieces of info on it. Ugh. MORE SCREEN TIME FOR GREG!!!!

Yeah, I remember that coin collecting ep. It was in season three I think. He actually got to do some undercover work, which was cool. It doesn't seem like him, but he might not be seriously into it. I collect coins, but only ones from other countries I come across, and the state quarters. So, I don't purposefully go out looking for them and go nuts over them. It didn't seem like he went nuts over it in that ep either.

Now, Nick's bird watching I think is a little more than just a passing fancy. Hey, here's a great idea. Remember when Griss made a comment that Nick just watches too much tv or something. I forget which ep it was, but Nick was put off by it cause everyone thinks Griss is a genius when it comes to bugs, but when Nick tries to tell people about birds all they think is that he watches too much Discovery. Well, what if Greg signed him up for a course on birds, or got him some really good bird books, real text books, so it wouldn't be just "too much tv" for him anymore. And he could comment about that in the lab too, the next time someone makes a comment, defending his man and all that. I think it would be cute! *hint hint* anyone need a writing prompt? lol.

14. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I remember that episode too, but I think it was Warrick who said that Nick watched too much TV? I may be wrong though. Anyway, I like your idea. Greg would definitely do something like that.

And there is actually an episode in which Greg indirectly talks about bird-watching. It's in S5, Compulsion. Greg is on the stake-out with some officer and the officer says, "It's a bit like bird-watching" and Greg answers "I wouldn't know".
    [​IMG]

Can you see that smirk? Yeah, right Greg, how would you know about bird-watching???? I always took that scene as proof that quite a lot of people (cops) suspect that Nick and Greg are a couple.

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Nick: You see, they're like puffins.
    Grissom: What?
    Nick: See, puffins crash into rocks when they are flying to harbors because they are attracted by the city lights and don't know where they are going.
    [Grissom looks confused]
    Grissom: Ah... Animal Planet.
    Nick: See you say something intelligent and you're a genius! I say something intelligent and I watch too much TV!
    Grissom: The woes of life... try reading a book.

Here's this disussion between Nicky and Grissom:)

Oh, that smirk... I think I need to change my opinion about bird-watching;)

MsCB, totally agree with you! That really makes them so perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.