Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reg583

reg583 Victim

First: Haha, ya, gotta love the new title. It could almost be- "Do it. For us."

2nd: *takes a deep breath*

Great new spoilers. Im not too worried either. As much as I want to see E/C get together, ASAP... I really want to see not only jealous Cal, but angst on her part. Its all been Eric hurt for the last 2 years. I feel that finally Calleigh can see what Eric has been going through.

And I dont think it will turn into a whole dating thing. Eric has definitely changed. It wouldve been different if he had some new changes after the shooting and then gradually changed back to his old self. But his maturity is here to stay, and Eric knows better than that. Anyway. His heart is set on Calleigh and I dont think any ME is going to change that.

Finally. Even though I didnt like Natalia in the 4th season, she is much more likable in the more recent. I have a feeling she realizes the potential Eric has with Calleigh, especially because of their history as friends. I say this because of the what she said to Eric in Burned about the the kiss in the previous epi. She seems very past her relationship with and feelings for Eric and almost supportive of EC (innevitably) getting together.

Just my take on that whole thing. *exhales/chokes from near suffocation*

...And I really, really hope that the moment they get together isnt lame and meaningless and unsatisfying and what not...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

I'll totally watch Eric flirt with the new M.E. if we get jealous Calleigh out of it. It has been WAY too long since we saw that and it's just so much fun to watch. Personally, I'm not too worried about the new M.E. and Eric. If the writers got them together not only would it ruin all the progress Eric's made and EC progress but it would do nothing but piss everyone off. the writers can't possibly be that stupid! I'd say that Natalia is probably just joking around with Eric and he says it just to get her to stop talking.

3. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I agree with the idea that it will probably be Calleigh to make the first move -- or to at least give a green light of some kind for Eric to make his move.

I get the impression that Eric is waiting on Calleigh. It's pretty obvious, both to viewers (or at least shippers!) and I think to the two characters within the context of the show, that Eric has feelings, and is willing. If the level of jealousy over Jake wasn't enough of a tip-off, we definitely know by the end of "All In" that Eric has more than friendly feelings for Calleigh and he makes that very clear in his telling her that despite the fact that she insists she's okay to go home by herself, he's not. Calleigh may be all stoic and Calleigh-esque about what happened, but Eric is not. He is not okay with what could have happened to her; she is too important to him for him to be able to just go home after being faced with the possibility of losing her.

Still, he doesn't make the move. He could have (might be in poor taste, considering it's a little post-traumatic and could be seen as taking advantage of the situation), but from everything we've seen since, it looks like he didn't. I think the situation deepened the bond between them, but there doesn't seem to have been any actual big relationship jump there (outside of the fanfiction world, of course!).

Why? Because Calleigh's not quite there yet. Eric is more emotional, he seems more willing to take a risk on a relationship, but Calleigh is the more cerebral of the two. She takes her time, she thinks things through -- its just part of her nature. I'm guessing she has an itemized list (at least in her brain!) of reasons she and Eric should NOT go any further than friends. And it probably has a twin of reasons TO go further. And I think until either Calleigh's mental lists even out in length, or until she is simply overwhelmed by the incredible hotness that is Eric Delko (more shirtless Delko! Short out Calleigh's brain!), she's going to continue dragging her feet. I think at this point Eric may be too important to her to risk losing him as a friend or a colleague if the relationship doesn't work out, but I also think over the course of the last season especially we've seen Calleigh start to get closer and closer to the point where she's ready to take that risk. She's catching up to Eric, finally.

And I think after six years, Eric knows her well enough to know that Calleigh isn't someone to be rushed. I think she'll make, or at least green-light, the first move, because I think he's pretty much thrown the ball into her court at this point. His cards are pretty much on the table, and its on her now to make the next move.

(And wow... didn't intend for that to become a small novella. Whoops! *haha*)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  4. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

But you had so many great points...;)

Anyway, I agree with you. Calleigh tends to think things to death. Hopefully she will finally see the "NO" side of her mental list disappear before the end of episode 1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The other side of it is... How long can she realistically expect the poor man to wait?? Don't get Upset! I hope he keeps on waiting, but somehow it doesn't seem fair to the poor guy. I think Jake is here to give closure that whole situation, and then we can see Eric and Calleigh move forward finally!
    :cool:

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I completely agree SomewhereApart. I really do hope that Calleigh makes the first move when they move their relationship to the next level. But then, we aren't the writers and they have a history of not thinking before writing.

Which reminds me of the dream I had last night. In the dream I was watching CSI:M and they were showing the previews of the next week's show. In the preview Eric & Calleigh had just apprehended a suspect, and it was a rough one. They were both on the ground... not hurt, but apparently Eric had done something heroic, and after Ryan took the suspect away, Calleigh, overwhelmed by what Eric did, crawled over to him (he was on his back) and kissed him hungrily. In my dream I actually SCREAMED with excitement.

And then I woke up. Man what a disappointment to realize it was all just a dream! Damn it. :(

6. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

:guffaw:I think we've all had that dream or some version of it. I can't wait for it to become a reality! I really believe it's just a matter of time.:)

7. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

A few friends got together this weekend and we watched Fight The Future and a few other X-Files episodes in preparation for I Want To Believe. I gotta say, after surviving Mulder and Scully for 9 years, nothing fazes me. Nothing. I still remember seeing FTF at the theaters and throwing pop corn at the screen when they were about to kiss and thatmotherfuckingbeecameoutofnowhere!!! But they finally hooked up after nearly a decade and all was well.

So yeah, that was a tad more frustrating than this. And I wouldn't be surprised if the new ME started flirting with Eric. The writers are gonna milk this till the very last drop before they finally hook up but it'll happen. The new ME, Natalia, Jake... they're just bees.

8. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Precisely! There's always been a reason in continually compare Calleigh and Eric to Mulder and Scully and that includes the tension building/losing/irritating-near-moments/other flirting. We'll get there. (Glad I wasn't the only one throwing the popcorn - and I can't wait for the new film [/OT-ness].)

They are. And soon they'll buzz off. I like the idea of more bees, leads to lost of nice angsty, smexy, hawtness (they're not even words are they?) for EC and will make the final 'get together' even more fantabidulious.

Oh, and happy spoilering; I'll see all y'all in a month, 'kay? Stay safe.

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hey, I'm all for more angst, but I kinda want them to angst together about how they have to keep their relationship a secret from the team if they want to work together...:rolleyes:

I know the writers won't, but I really really really want Eric and Calleigh together now! (was that too many reallys?):)

Adorelo, see you in a month!!:cool:

10. midnight_tiptoes

Yeah, I agree they can angst together. I don't think the writers want to go there because they want to avoid the ER/Grey's Anatomy syndrome, but I find all these car accidents/kidnappings/shootings just as ridiculous if not more. How many times is Calleigh going to get into a car accident before she drives straight into a busy Los Angeles farmer's market?

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little worried about all the messes Calleigh seems to be getting into lately. What are the writers doing? Not thinking, that's for sure. Calleigh's having a really shitty year. It's someone else's turn.

12. midnight_tiptoes

I think the writers are just running out of ideas, but they have other characters that barely get any screen time like Ryan and Frank. You'd think they could do something with them.

Whatever. I just want some raunchy Cuban on Southern nudity.

13. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

:guffaw: OK, I just about fell out of my chair...

Yeah, you are 100% correct, there are several characters that get no story. I'm sure Natalia or Ryan would love a good car crash (if a car crash can be considered good). :rolleyes:

I think some raunchy Cuban on Southern action is what we ALL want to see!:drool:

14. midnight_tiptoes

Like grits on picadillo.

15. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Or Southern on Cuban nudity. Calleigh strikes me as a girl who likes to be on top.

I mean... what? Huh? I didn't say that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.