Rikki's Coming Back! (formerly Bring Rikki Back!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kimmychu, Jul 3, 2008.

1. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Re: Bring Rikki Back!

I had my suspissions before but after reading this thread Im sure. we all are watching two completly different shows.

when exactly did the two of them made a deep connection? or developed a significant relationship? what part of him telling her what they had has to stop shows that he cares for her? what in her good bye (adios) made you think she would want to come back to him for whatever reason?

someone here mentioned that she brings out the man in him or something like that but I cant find the post. I have seen Danny acting like a man but it was definitely not in S4. I have seen him show respect and care and put someone elses needs above his. it might have been a little over the top but that was mature in my book. definitely not this return of the arrogant self centered brat form S1

I simply cant see her returning without causing drama or pain. and I had enough of that.

and why is it that DL getting personal is wrong and boring and too much but bringing in a character that can only be possibly used in personal level is suddenly right?

if TPTB really want to bring back someone they should bring back Peyton.

2. jolein

jolein Pathologist

You know,I find this a bit of in insult to other people`s perspective.
    because you don`t like that people don`t see it your way,suddenly people watch a different show.
    I used to like D/L for their playfullness ,banter and maybe they could have a deep connection but Lindsay changed(i`m not gonna go deeper on this in this thread)

Rikki and Danny had the deep connection from the start they were on screen,because of Ruben and then a tragedy happend.
    Instead that they drifted apart,they grew closer and yeah they had sex.
    In those few scenes between them there was more then in all those years between Danny/Lindsay.

I take a step back now because I typ things I later regret but I really get tired and bored with the whole fact that Danny/Lindsay get connected to Rikki`s return.

Great that you got a response back from her,Kimmychu

3. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I know how you feel, trust me.

its not that I dont like it. I just dont see what they see. and they obviously dont see what I see. and those views are so different that is really hard to believe we watch the same show.

and I couldnt see a thing there. so now what? I can understand that they connected in grief and on his part mostly guilt but that doesnt make it deep or beautiful or right or worth pursuing story wise.

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Wow. That was just astoungly arrogant and disrespectful. I know we see what we want to see when we watch, but come on. There's certain things that are not really open to interpretation. Factual statements and occurrences. Cannon that happened on screen.

There has been nothing at all between Danny and Lindsay the first half of Season 4. Then she gives her speech about being in love with Danny, her "Monologue of Doom" if you will, and Danny's just standing there with this WTF? look on his face. He had no clue. Obviously, the connection wasn't as deep as Lindsay thought.

Uhhh....When her son died. Obviously there was something more between them, otherwise Rikki would not have left Ruben in Danny's care, even though Danny is a cop. I don't think they were just neighbors who laughed and joked at the mailboxes. This is NYC we're talking about here, not some small town of 1,000 people where everyone knows and trusts everyone.

Danny saying that what they were doing was not very healthy in the long run shows that he cares for Rikki. She, on her part even acknolwledged that, but went ahead with it anyway, saying she didn't care, because a little comfort at that time was enough for her.

Also, all she said was that she was moving away from the memories in that apartment, not moving to Chicago, and certainly not away from Danny himself. He even said that he was a sweet man, and should go ahead and keep that sugar. Rikki also reached out and touched Danny's face in a very intimate manner that suggested she had some sort of feelings for him.

The situation between Danny and Rikki was very adult. They were two consenting adults going through something. They both talked about their feelings, and admitted that what they were doing was not necessarily a healthy thing, but they were both fine with that. That's what a man and a woman do. There was a clarity and honesty there, as well as respect and care. I did not see any self centeredness there.

Chasing someone who doesn't even let you in or have the decency say goodbye to you in person is not mature. That's the behavior of an obsessed lapdog. Devotion is fine, but that whole chasing Lindsay thing in Season 3 was completely one sided. She did not return any of his concern for her, or even deal with him like an adult. She's the one who acted like a conceited, spoiled brat.

Then, when Danny is trying to deal with his grief and guilt over Ruben's death, Lindsay did not reach out to him at all, or even TRY to talk to him. Angell, Mac, Stella, Hawkes, and Flack all said something about the situation to him either in the "Child's Play" episode or one of the episodes immediately thereafter, a la "Happily Never After" or "All in The Family." All he got from Lindsay were lectures about forgetting her birthday and shutting him out, which is the exact thing that Lindsay did to him in Season 3. Hypocritical much?

Yeah, chances are it will bring drama or pain, but you don't get over something so painful as having a child die in your care overnight. Grief is a process, and it sometimes takes years before you're over something.

Besides, Danny is good with the drama. He really pulls it off, whatever he's going through. He's a very complex character, and it makes for good tv to have all these things happen to him.

It wasn't necessarily wrong in my eyes. It was a bit immature, but not necessarily wrong, at least not to me. However, we do see things the way we want to, and some people thought Danny chasing Lindsay across the country and being her lapdog was not right, Carmine Giovanazzo included.

Personally, I had no feelings toward Lindsay or DL one way or the other until her monologue in "RND." My thoughts at that time were that she was being very hypocritical and not very nice to someone who had been through and was still going through something major. The whole idea that he would have to come to her, when she wouldn't go to him with her grief and pain was just nauseating to me.

Now, I feel that, okay, it's over, whatever it was, there's no need to go back. Lindsay said she needed to get over Danny, and was avoiding him. That says a lot to me. Carmine in interviews hinted at the end of the relationship even before the mid point of Season 4.

I do look forward to Rikki's return, someone who gets Danny emotionally, and treats him with respect. I think whatever happens, even if they don't rekindle romance, it'll be great.

Bravo, Kimmy for getting a response from Jacqueline P. That's way cool that she responds to her emails.

5. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I doubt that,because if you did then you wouldn`t have posted that comment.

And that is what called personal views and saying that the show is a different one then other people are seeing is in my opinion a bit of an insult cause to me it implies that people can`t see it differently.

And now I really stop cause i`ve been commenting way too much already and this thread is about Rikki`s return.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, guys ...

SHE'S COMING BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thank you, CBS, for bringing Rikki back! We can't wait to see her return to CSI:NY! :D

So, anyone find it interesting the word few is in quotation marks?

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I assume that when asked CBS said she'd be in a "few" episodes, possibly they don't know themselves as the episodes haven't all been written yet... I'm excited to see Rikki back. And "few" obviously means more than one so hopefully there will be an interesting storyline going on. :)

:rolleyes: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong. Sometimes I read things in the forum and find it both interesting and odd that people have had such a different experience to me when watching the same episode, really to the extent that I think they must have been watching something completely different. That is my opinion. 'Canon' is not everything, opinions and interpretations are great, if everyone thought the same then what would there be to discuss? Why would we all be here?

This thread could have some interesting discussion in it, so please keep it civil. If you can't do that then step back for a while.

8. imaguestage

imaguestage Dead on Arrival

I think you are right. It sounds like they might still be figuring out how many episodes they need to tell the storyline she is involved in. I'm assuming that the writers have already come up with a viable storyline for her return since the network is now involved in getting her contracted for some episodes.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Great to have official confirmation from CBS! :D Thank you, Ausiello. :D That's awesome. And yay for the writers for really following this storyline. I have to say, Danny grappling with the death of a child that he was responsible for is not something I'd expect him just to get past or get over in a handful of episodes.

When I first heard about the storyline, I was so surprised. I mean, this is Danny we're talking about--the most emotional character on the show. And the storyline put him in a horrible, horrible position--I don't think it's the kind of thing a person can ever really get over. The death of a child is a terrible thing, and how can Danny ever get over it when he feels responsible? For the rest of his life, he's going to wonder "What if I'd taken Ruben home first, or kept him with me?" He's going to go over it and over it and over it ad nauseum.

So I'm really happy to see that the storyline isn't going to disappear into the black hole of continuity. It's been a great one for Danny, and I expect it will continue to be so.

And I'm thrilled that Jacqueline is coming back, because she's a fantastic actress. And Rikki is a great character. I like the way she was handled as a character--she was realistic. I like that she blamed the right person for Ruben's death--the jerk who robbed the bodega and didn't irrationally take out her anger and grief on Danny. She could have blamed him, but I think it would have been a somewhat cliched route to have that happen.

So I'm glad the writers chose to go the other way, by having Rikki and Danny turn to each other in their grief. And yeah, they did it sexually--that's a way to connect passionately without speaking about the awful, awful thing that's weighing on them. And from the scene in Danny's kitchen, it seems like they have been talking, too, as hard as I'm sure that is for both of them.

I appreciate that people enjoy the Danny/Lindsay storyline, but it's never struck me as believably adult. Adults talk about their feelings--they don't continuously shut each other out, as both Danny and Lindsay have done to each other. So yeah, I'd rather see a relationship between Danny and Rikki explored, because it strikes me as more realistic and adult.

10. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I agree. I know Danny has Lindsay (or, does he?), but I would like to see Danny and Rikki! I also like her as an actress. I think she did a great job as Rikki, and I would LOVE to see more of her on CSI:NY!!

11. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I posted my last comment before I saw this post. YAY!!! She's comin' back! Thank you!

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Annnnnnd we just got confirmation from another source:

:guffaw: The second line of the 'question' cracks me up. Matt's answer, even more so!

13. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Wow you go away for a few weeks and lookie what happens.

I'm personally thrilled at JP's return, as a non CSI character Rikki managed to be complex, sympathetic and believable. The actress herself managed to produce a performance that some regular cast members would have struggled with and she did it in very few episodes.

It does and doesn't surprise me that people feel that Rikki is linked to D/L, I am not a D/L shipper nor do I think they were having any sort of romantic attachment in S4, Lindsey's speech to me confirmed that, it was very one sided and Danny did look completely taken aback with her confessions of love, but in all fairness Rikki and Lindsey are not linked, the only person they have in common is Danny and that is only because Danny and Lindsey work together and had sex once, Lindsey is as linked to Rikki as she is to Reed in that sense (although her and Mac have far more chemistry than her and Danny, regardless of the pool table fumblings).

TPTB put Lindsey into Danny and Rikki's story arc, not Rikki into Danny and Lindsey's. Before Rikki was introduced and Rueben was shot, Danny and Lindsey were nothing but colleagues there had been no real storyline for them in S4. Once Rikki returned and the drama started, they put Rikki and Danny together (however you feel about that) and made it messy and complicated and riddled with confusion, but so unlike the messy, complicated, confused D/L storylines they keet force feeding us with.

Whilst I don't really ship Danny/Rikki I do think their very short relationship worked, both the actors had believable chemisty, and like someone mentioned above, whilst what they were doing wasn't healthy it was adult, they discussed, they were honest, there were no screaming matches or storming off, even their break up managed to be mature. It was open and honest and then TPTB dumped the D/L story on top of that and showed just how immature D/L can be at times, gone was the flirty banter (they had in S2) and in went the tantrums, the demands, the unwillingness to communicate (on both sides).

I hope they manage to bring Rikki back without linking her into the whole D/L thing, although IMO I don't think she was to begin with. I am a little scared she's gonna turn up preggers (but I really don't think TPTB would do that... would they?)

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's a very important distinction to make. But it also illustrates the point that Rikki is tied to DL indirectly. As much as I want to say that Rikki has nothing to do with Lindsay or DL, I can't. TPTB made it clear that the Ruben/Rikki/Danny storyline tied into the Drama Llama by leaving viewers speculating on if Danny "cheated" on Lindsay and if they "made-up" at the end of the season. I think when Rikki returns it will also be tied to DL indirectly, but hopefully it will help tie up and once and for all end DL and then Rikki and Danny can actually have a relationship - and I don't necessarily mean a romantic/sexual relationship - that doesn't revolve around DL. The two characters and actors work too well together to be forever tied to the albatross that is Lindsay and DL.

Also, Yaaaaaaay!!!!! on Jacqueline Pinol's return being confirmed. :thumbsup: :cool: :D :beer:

15. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Yay! for confirmation:thumbsup:
    Its nice to see some continuty.

Sammy,you said it better then me.
    I fully agree with you.