Rikki's Coming Back! (formerly Bring Rikki Back!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kimmychu, Jul 3, 2008.

1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Re: Bring Rikki Back!

And Lindsay hasn't been acting like a spoiled brat? Danny has shown much more maturity than Lindsay ever has. Also, Rikki brings out the man in Danny by not belittling him and making everything be about her and on her terms. Rikki treats Danny with respect and like I said before, makes him a better man.

They also paved the way for her to make a dignified return. Even if she never returned, it doesn't mean DL will ever be together.

That's what I'm hoping for too. After seeing how certain things were handled in Season 4, I have a bit more confidence in TPTB for season 5. :) Although, whether she just comes back for a trial, it's almost impossible for her NOT to have contact with Danny.

Ah, the infamous June 2007 interview. He certainly did say that and I wholeheartedly agree with him too!

That is a VERY good question. I've often wondered that myself. Maybe Ruben's father never knew about him. *shrug*

It's a very telling interview and worth taking the time to read. ;)

The storyline was there from the beginning with her bio but it certainly wasn't as interesting as I'd expected it to be. It seemed like they threw it together quickly.

Why was it a disaster?

I don't have a clue so I'll ask. Would there still be a hearing even if Ollie didn't press charges? If not, Danny wouldn't press charges for her taking his gun.

2. privatename

privatename Rookie

It wouldn't be up to Danny as to whether or not charges are filed against Rikki. It would be up to the district attorney's office.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yeah, it would be out of Danny's hands. But the more I think about it the more I think they'd explain away a trial/hearing with a plea deal offered and accepted. I highly doubt the DA would want to prosecute Rikki under the circumstances as she'd be a highly sympathetic defendant. Still, there could be something related to what happened in AitF as the initial reason for her return, I think, and then they'd move on from there with whatever they intend to do with the character.

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it. :) I guess I was trying to say the chances of us seeing a drawn-out trial scene about this would be very low considering Flack's promise to make sure Rikki doesn't spend any time in jail at all and the fact it's been at least eight episodes since the events of All in the Family. And we're going into the new season now! :lol: We also have no idea right now when Rikki will return in season five. How much time is that in CSI:NY land? How long does it take for a DA to file charges against someone?

Yep, I think this is the case too. You said it much better than I did. :lol: Plea deal or trial, I'm thinking Danny will want to be there for her and make sure she doesn't go through any more trouble/pain than she has to.

Anyways, this being the Bring Rikki Back thread, what do you guys say to a pictorial walkthrough of each of Rikki's appearances on the show so far? :)

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Yes, pictures please. :drool:

Thanks for clarifying PA. :) Maybe they'd just give Rikki community service and then Danny, feeling guilty over Ruben's death, would offer to help and they'd bond. (Thanks Kimmy :D)

ETA: Also, if they would go to trial, Danny's sure to be there for Rikki and he wouldn't have to fly across the country for it either. Then again, would they really want to have another trial? I think one was enough to sit through. The community service idea would be a nice change than seeing them send yet another person to jail.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yes, Please, some pix of Rikki and Danny, namely Rikki, because it's a thread about her, not a ship thread, and certainly not a thread about Lindsay.

What I don't get is why any of this is connected with Lindsay in the first place. They were two consenting adults; well, Danny is, anyway. He pursued her, not sure if it was a sexual thing or a companion/friendship thing. They had drunken sex on a pooltable once that we know of, then there was nothing afterwards.

There's no relationship there. They could have been friends with benefits, or just friends who hooked up, and she read more into it than he did. TPTB have not shown us ANYTHING else between them, not even considering her monologue in "LWFM." Personally, I'm thinking it was a one time hookup

Rikki coming back doesn't have anything to do with Lindsay, whatsoever. Carmine said it's over in an interview. From Lindsay's words in "LWFM" and "Personal Foul" it's over for her. Deal With IT.

Rikki moved away from the apartment because it was hard for her to deal with the memories. She did not move away from Danny in particular. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that she keeps in touch with Danny, just because. It doesn't meand they're going to have a relationship, or another one night stand. It could mean anything, and until next season, no one will know for sure exactly how it's going to play out.

7. jolein

jolein Pathologist

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Those ratings are interesting, but there are so many circumstances influencing such ratings that it is almost impossible to point out one particulair reason. The drop could be caused by people being tired of another major Mac story, personal drama of the characters in general or even the fact that Rikki keeps/kept making appearances ;) I'm sure that TPTB of all series and shows investigate why their numbers drop, but unfortunately we don't have that information and therefor it will always be guessing for us...
    Could be, but that still means that she was used as a prop and that wouldn't have been necessary.

That's what I'm fearing the most and the main reason why I don't want her to come back. I can handle it if Rikki returns because (as suggested) Rubens dad shows up and starts to cause trouble or because we get to see the trial of the girl who shot Ruben, but I don't want Danny and Rikki to get physical again (whether it's romance or just sex) or to see that D/L is still going strong and she will be the cause of tension again...and that is what I fear TPTB are planning.

I don't think you can compare the one time appearance of four nameless girls to the way that Rikki was introduced and stayed for four episodes.

Yes, but through the events of season four they are connected, so discussions about Rikki's return will include D/L.

I believe Carmine said that it could go either way, and at the moment for me things are still left open and I think no-one knows what D/L's status is until we get to see season five, so I don't have to 'deal' with anything...yet...

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Alright! :D I'll be looking for screencaps shortly and then, we can have a scene-by-scene walkthrough of Rikki's appearances on the show!

That would be interesting indeed! Just imagine if it was work at the YMCA; they might run into Flack who's been shown in canon to be watching over a whole buncha kids while wearing a yellow YMCA shirt. :D

:lol: Seriously, it would be too much of a coincidence if there was a trial and Danny attended it to be there for Rikki but this time, he ends up being the one to make the move and kiss Rikki instead. :guffaw:

It's possible, but as I said before in my post about the ratings, there's a discernible pattern to the rise and plummet. The ratings went up after Danny and Rikki were shown to be in the possible beginnings of something, and then it dropped by over 2 million people when it became clear TPTB intended to drag on the DL drama. That's no small drop there. Then, the ratings markedly went up again for episode 4x19 which interestingly enough had Danny/Flack interaction as a promo. :lol: And in the episode, Rikki said goodbye to Danny and it seemed like a definite exit. The ratings then dropped by a million viewers and stayed that way to the finale. So if Rikki's appearances has had any influence on the ratings, I'd say she makes it go up. :lol:

So ... you don't want Rikki to return simply because you don't want Danny and Rikki to have sex or have a relationship. Isn't assuming 'DL is still going strong' making a leap here? Last checked, Lindsay was determined to never get involved with Danny again and even told Mac that. Moreover, she didn't take the bait and go to Danny's apartment after that phone call in episode 4x19 and Danny wasn't upset or disappointed about it. And it's been said a few times already, it's just as possible that Rikki's returning as Danny's love interest and that Lindsay is separated from Danny so she'll stop using him as a prop. I don't see why Rikki must be nothing more than a 'wedge between DL' when there isn't even proof Danny and Lindsay were ever in a relationship.

I was informed that particular interview was held before episode 4x17, and that Carmine had no idea whatsoever what was going to happen after episode 4x16. We didn't get Lindsay telling Mac it was so stupid of her to ever get involved with Danny until episode 17. Therefore, there's a huge chance the situation has changed by now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Yes, I guess that's basically it...we all have our preferences and perhaps it is idle hope to think that Danny and Lindsay still have a chance, but ever since their phone call in PF and the fact that Danny said he missed her gave me hope that they may pick up the pieces again in season five and give their relationship another try, and Rikki's return could (given how TPTB used her last season) only be a threat to the rekindling of D/L.

Of course there is always a chance that Rikki's return will be for completely different reasons, but for now I rather see D/L back together than to see Rikki return at all.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Since Danny thought he and Lindsay were friends, it's no surprise that he said he missed her. She'd been ignoring him for several episodes and refusing to talk every time he made an effort. Lindsay's excuse of not wanting to talk at work was kinda lame ever since she dropped the Monologue of Doom on him AT work then rushed out of the room before he had a chance to respond although he looked rather speechless. Nothing's changed with Lindsay. Things are still done on HER terms when SHE wants to do them.

I am glad to see the return of Jacqueline Pinol whether or not it means TPTB are finally finished with PUSHING DL on us. When Danny has to actually come out and say they have CHEMISTRY (a totally stupid line to hear Danny say :rolleyes:) in Love Run Cold, it shows me that a lot of people weren't buying there was any chemistry and TPTB felt the need to point it out. With Danny and Rikki, they just ooze chemistry that I don't think I've ever seen on CSI:NY with any pairing.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Ladies and gentlemen, I am very happy to share the following tidbit from an email I received from the wonderful Jacqueline Pinol herself! :D :D :D

We love ya, babe! You bet we're fighting the good fight for you, beautiful! :D

And yes, now you guys know she personally reads emails sent to her via her website. If ya wish to send her a good word, encouragement, comments, etc., please do! I'm sure she'll appreciate it. :)

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^That is awesome news! :D

14. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Bring her back! :]
    I liked her; she was really cool.
    But it was kind of scary when she nearly attacked that one guy, and insane when Danny started punching him. xD
    But seriously, they need to bring her back. [=

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awwww, so cool that she wrote you, Kimmy! :D What a classy lady. :cool: So nice of her to read e-mails and respond! :D