Twilight

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sidlewannabee, Jun 20, 2008.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I have to go with Team Edward.

Simply stated I didn't get that much into the character of Jacob. From the get go he had this air about him that he knew what was good for Bella and that was the end all be all. He didn't want Fate to be a factor he wanted to make his own destiny, to which is fine, but to try and trick someone to do so isn't.

Not that I am knocking Stephenie's writing because she did very well with this series, but she made the character of Jacob a love him or dislike him kind of guy. And I comend her whole heartedly on this, but I'm for Edward all the way.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^ you are absolutely right. people either love him or hate him. Kudos for Stephanie! :thumbsup:

i was listening to a podcast and they were talking about so many rumors about "Breaking Dawn" i couldn't stop laughing. the things people come up with! the funniest rumor i think was Bella marries Edward but is pregnant with Jacobs baby:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:. where did that come from?

what rumors have you guys heard?

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

:wtf: Sounds like an interesting venture into fanfiction for that one. I mena really Bella is not one to go out and sleep with one guy when she's dating another. A quality that I truely admire in her character. Some people just need to realize that saying such things are just redicilous; putting it into fiction might be a better bet than running their mouths.

4. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^ when i heard that rumor i couldn't stop laughing! *sigh* i'm a Jacob fan and i think that rumor is stupid.

anyways another rumor i heard was after the series is over Stephanie Meyer is planning on making another series featuring one of the other characters from Twilight. i thought that would be interesting to read...

i wonder who the series would be about? Jacob? hey maybe it'll be about Mike Newton! :lol:

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I'm more than halfway through reading this book. I got it yesterday and if I didn't have anything better to do, I'd totally read it the whole day. It's hard to put down. I never understood why so many people were in love with this "Edward" character. But now that I'm reading it, I completely understand. I keep getting "dazzled" by him. :p

I'm really excited for the movie. I just hope it lives up to it's expectations. Of course there are always going to be aspects of the movie that people are going to be dissapointed with. They can't put in every little detail like you can with writing. Also I hope they don't make it too different from the book.

I was looking at some behind the scenes and apparently Victoria is going to be at the prom...? I believe she wasn't there in the book. I wonder why she is in the movie.

6. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

I have this horrible problem with "eye candy" and "impulse shopping." I see something that looks pretty, I buy it.

That's what happened with Twilight. And of course because I LOVED this story I ended up buying the other two books and can't wait for the fourth book AND the movie to come out.

7. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^ it was like that with me..sort of. i went to the movies with my dad and saw the preview for the movie. i thought "this looks pretty cool...i better read the book before the movie comes out." been hooked ever since.

you know i realized something after reading Twilight for the second time. the reason why we like these books so much is because of the characters. let's think about it before i started reading Twilight i knew who Bella and Edward were. only an excellent writter can create such powerful characters that you don't even need to read the book to know who they are!

who's your guys' favorite character?

8. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Alice and Emmett hands down. I love them. I would definitely like to see more of Emmett in the next book. though I might get my wish in the 5th book

9. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i liked Jacob, Jasper, and Alice. Alice makes me laugh.
    did i miss something? is there a 5th book? i thought that "Breaking Dawn" was the last one?

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I like Edward, Alice, and Jasper. They are always good for a laugh, especially when Alice won't tell Edward what's going to happen. I cna picture this face being all scrunched up and Alice is giggling. :lol:

Stephenie is writing Midnight Sun, but that is really Twilight from Edward's pov. Perhaps that is the book they are refering to, and in that case would carry a bit more Emmett.

11. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

yeah, I was talking about Midnight Sun. I like the idea, though I think that his POV from NM and Eclipse would be much more interesting.

12. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^ya that would be interesting to see Edward's POV in New Moon. especially when he thought that Bella was dead.

it still gives me butterflies in my stomach whenever i read that part. poor Edward....it gets worse when he almost steps into the sun during the festival. it's funny because i already know what's going to happen but i can't help my reaction...

13. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Hey you guys the 4th book was really good. Have any of you read it yet?

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I went to the release party thing at Chapters with my friend but I haven't read it yet. I still need to read Eclipse. :eek: My friend is almost done reading it, though, and she likes it a lot.

15. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

My favourite characters are Alice and Edward. Hands down. If you guys go to stephenie meyer's website, she has the firt chapter of Midnight Sun posted, if you haven't read it yet. It's hilarious. I can't wait to read it.

I read Breaking Dawn over the weekend. Didn't take me too long. Loved the book, loved the writing, but Bella agravates me sometims. :lol: