The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Long hair for our pleasure:drool:

And shaved heads yes too. But you know my opinion. Nick is always hot, even with this thing on face which we know as a stache:lol:

hmm... No, I'm sure that they'll work a lot. Surely Nicky will find some ways to see his Greggo. Or... No "ors" here;) Just thought that work is really important and Nick wouldn't want to affect it on his relationship. Or (sorry, I did it again;)), worse, relationship will affect on his work as a supervisor... Only thoughts... That's when Greg and Nick are together. If they still don't, I'll agree with bubbles. For both that situation would be really hard... We know about GSR:D But how our guys should behave?... I don't know. Maybe we'll see it in near future.

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh but thats the problem Grissom Is CSI... He is the main character, yes it is an ansomble? show, but Grissom is seen as the main star...Yes totally Greg would feel very strange having him as a boss... Plus wouldnt that be GSR mark two point slash?

Remember what Conrad said about Sara? So if Nick made boss, the he couldn't evaluate Greg's work... But then there has to be a higher level scientist on board, cause a lower ranking officer cant supervise.

(sorry I think far too much!)

So the replacement for Warrick/Sara has to be a level three..

Oh and I was watching a random episode from season one...

Nick made CSI level three what in the second episode? So by that standards Greg wont make level two untill what another two seasons? ITs all confusing...

Deirdre- I think that their situation might be slightly different, we know that they've been hiding their love for each other for years.... IF Nick became CSI lead... then I dont know if it would affect them, or their relationship. Both men have had to lie and to hide up facts for years... I think that it wouldn't matter to Nick...

Who knows? They have to come out first...

Welcome back Twins.... I hope you stick around! The love has missed you both...

For you all who care to know, I've updated my story Hopes and Fears, episode two is up!!!

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I think it will affect on them. And no matter if they will come out or not. The subtext because of the positions change would be even more... interesting? Surprising? Who knows? Such a big change. Maybe clashes? They really don't need to show up. I'm sure that it would be easy to see that the interaction between them changed. But in what way? I dunno.

Wouldn't matter to Nick? Hmmm... He has been hiding but I don't think that situation wouldn't matter. Not this time. Nick is very emotional and probably change like that would be for him the hardest. And not easy to hide. Maybe if it happened we would see his breakdown? And the rest of team just wouldn't understand his behaviour. But Greg will be with him... I see many possibilities... of course only when all theories would come true. When will it happen?... So long time to 9th season and now I'm thinking about 10th too:lol:

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

As long as Catherine's still there and maybe the 'main' one in charge (I'm talking post Grissom), I think it could be handled differently to GSR in all ways. Maybe Cath knows about their relationship/ feelings for each other, and decides to make a 'split' with Nick as to who evaluates etc i.e. Cath evaluates Greg, Nick does whoever else is there. That could work, but in A la Cart, Ecklie didn't say specifically about a problem with just supervisor/ csi relationship, he said 'anyone on the same forensic team may not be in a relationship' or something like that. I guess the team could know without Ecklie though.

5. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

lol... I guess I should clarify my thoughts about Greg being on the show without Nick. Really, they are in a relationship, and perhaps live together. So, they are together. Greg's not miserable. It's just that Nick comes into work with him every now and then to say hi to the others that he misses. Or something like that anyway. I wouldn't want Greg to be miserable like that if the situation could be better.

Also want to welcome Twins back! Yes, we missed you something awful!!! *squees for more videos and long Fort chats with Twins!!!*

I know some of you guys were reading Maggs' long piece and I have to say the last chapter, she had Nick in a supervisor role and Greg was talking about it, and I just loved it because I could totally see it happening. Nick had their kid's drawings taped to the wall of his office, and a huge bucket of crayons and a huge stack of paper for kids to draw on. So, if he had to talk to kids, interview them about crimes he could easily give them something that might help them cope, might help them tell the story without having to say anything out loud... know what I mean? I can just totally see that. Nick would make an awesome supervisor. lol, and he's such an opposite to Gil who's so unemotional!

If Gil leaves, well, he's not my fav character, so while it won't be the same, I won't care quite as much as if it were either of the boys.

And yeah, Cath could do Greg's eval if Nick became super. I don't know how it would affect their relationship, but I agree with whoever said Greg would be really supportive, really, he'd be soooo happy for him, and Nick would understand how this would affect Greg as his underling now. Of course, Greg would put him in his place if he had to, either at work or at home, I'm sure. It would definitely make things interesting. But, after seeing what happened with GSR, I'm sure they would handle things much better, and everything would go a lot smoother.

btw, I also saw Greg run by and wave in Scooba Doobie Doo! It was soo cute! lol.

6. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Yeah if the team just keep the relationship a secret among the the graveyard shift that would work as well. I mean Brass knew about GSR before it was exposed but he kept his mouth such, so I think it can be done. Anywho like bubbles said Cath could just evaluate Greggo. I as well am confused about the CSI level thing. Like candygirl said doesn't the new replacement have to be at least a level three? Which is partly why I'm confused about them having Wendy com in a new CSI. Will they promote Greggo then to level two right off the bat. This waiting till September thing is gonna drive me nutters.

7. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Cath evaluates Greg, and Nick evaluates Wendy, when she goes into the field...haha :p (because Cath/Wendy is so on...is it not? Sorry o/t)

I think the team could know and not tell Ecklie. Catherine especially is so protective and would not let information get out that might hurt them or their relationship. Or maybe Ecklie comes over all nice, I do keep writing him nice I don't know how it happens :confused:

I think there would be a way for it to work, I'm not worried.

I know for many Grissom *is* CSI but he isn't for me, and a lot of people here too. It is an ensemble, and some parts of that ensemble interest me more than others...haha. I loved that thought about Nick as supervisor, QOTU. I agree he would have a very different approach to Grissom and he's great with kids. I also think he would get insecure about how he was doing sometimes and Greg could get to reassure him...oh god no, the bunnies, the bunnies...

Alors, je suis fic-pimper:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=5041

It's at FF.net too. Enjoy, hopefully...?

Nat x

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Oh yeh I totally agree that there's a way that it could work, that's not a problem at all :) And I totally love the fact that Cath and Nick could do each other's partners evaluations. Love it :D

How do you keep writing Ecklie nice? I guess he's nice underneath... But i don't think that he'd overlook the relationship(s);) because he's one to follow the rules to a tee I guess.

I agree that Grissom is not CSI, but if Cath and Nick/ Greg and Brass left then CSI would be gone I guess, no matter how many new characters there are.

I'll read your fic later :D I've gotta be a family nice girl now and visit the grandparents... lol

9. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Wow, you sure miss a lot when you finish a math exam and the site's acting up again.
    So for the most part we were talking about Nick being a supervisor, I believe? I lvoe the idea wholeheartedly. Nick's empathetic and understanding, whereas Grissom is . . . the opposite. Grissom (I'm not bashing him) can be very ah . . . cold to people. I don't think he tries to, but meh. Like how he treated Nick in season one . . . or was it season two? It was funny (to me anyways) but I don't think Nick enjoyed it much. He also was not understanding towards Catherine when she took the money from her dad. Nick . . . I dunno, but I'd like to hope that he'd be more understanding than that.

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, Grissom can be quite cold sometimes, I think it's just he's not the most socially enept. He's been a bit mean to Nick in the earlier seasons, and also quite often to Greggo too.

I was watching play with fire earlier, and i know we discussed this a couple of weeks ago, but Nick really doesn't seem to have much of a reaction, apart from just looking at the DNA lab, before going and sitting with Archie. But he did just sit with a bit of a frown before Archie started talking.

Which brings me to my question, when do you think Nick realised his true feelings for Greg? And vice versa? I think Nick might have realised it during Play with Fire, because like there'd been all the flirting and subtext throughout, well mostly season 2, but a bit of 3 too, and i don't know, maybe Greg being injured made him aware he felt more for him than a friend, if not knowing how much he felt for him? If that makes sense?

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm thinking maybe during Season 4 when he saw how badly Greg was trying to prove that he could become a CSI. I also think that the explosion is really what motivated Greg more to really fight to become a CSI. If you notice towards the end of Season 4, Nick recruits Greg for the matches match and the famous touch scene. :lol: Also Greg is working with Nick in Dead Ringer and sort of showing his investigative skills in the ATM find and video.

12. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Well, to me it was love at first sight for the boys!
    Just kidding, but in my fantasy world that's exactly what happened! Hmm . . . for me it was either season three or four, but I don't think they got together 'til a few seasons later. I can't really pinpoint exactly where I think they fell in love, though. I still haven't seen all of season three or four, so yeah. I'm sure others have some idea about a specific episode, maybe. Or maybe that's just too specific and there wouldn't have been much of a change in their behaviour after both Nick and Greg realized they loved each other.

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

When did they get together? Well, that's really difficult to answer.
    I think in the first season they were just flirting more or less innocently. The second season it was much more, the flirting became more intimate and more meaningful.
    All I know is that they were definitely together after Grave Danger. But I can't really say if they got together in S3, 4 or 5.
    Maybe they got together before Greg started his training as CSI, that would be probably after S3. And Play With Fire would really be the best time to start their relationship. With Nicky realizing how easily he could loose the man he has had feelings for.
    But I really can't pick an episode and say "That's it, right there, they are together!"

But they are definitely together now, no doubt about it in my mind!

14. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Oh God... when did they get together? No clue really, though I know it had to have been after PWF. You're all really making me wish I had season four on DVD right now so I could know what happened. lol. "remember" what happened is more like it. Ah well. Soon enough.

bubbles- yeah, I saw that frown too! It was the one moment when he forgot to keep his mask on or something, you know? And a little bit of his true feelings came out. But, if you figure they weren't 'together' at that point, it almost makes sense. I mean, of course he feels for Greg, and is worried sick and all that. But he doesn't know what Greg's feeling I'm guessing, no one else knows what he's feeling. I think if I were in his shoes, I would be keeping my feelings private too. And there were no scenes with just him that I recall, where he could just let go and show his worry over Greg. We only got that one from Sara and Nick came in fleetingly like he was in a hurry. Maybe he was in a hurry to get away from people, to finish the case so he could let go. I mean, he really didn't stay with her long. Didn't ask if she was ok or anything, right? If I were close to someone, or even not, but if they'd been near an explosion and needed stitches, I think I'd be asking if they were ok, especially since she was just standing there looking at her ID with a not so happy expression on her face. Though, I do have to ask... when does Sara ever look happy? lol, I know she does on occasion, I'm just joking. Um, so yeah, I think I just explained away something I've been wondering about for awhile. Does what I just said make any sort of sense to you?

ok, I'm off to read some fanfic now! ttyl!

15. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I watched "Empty Eyes" last night. I am so proud of Greg for defending himself & giving Mrs James a piece of his mind. I was like 'Go,bokkie, go". LOL!! Considering all the locker room fics that I have read on WMTDB this week, I really expected Nick to chat to greg in the lockerroom instead of Griss. Although I do not agree with what greg did but I suppose it would make him sleep better at night. i wish nick was there to punch the under sherrif.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.