The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Me too! Man I was so mad, screaming DAMN TORRES WHY CANNOT YOU SCORE! Tho Villa was kicking some ass!

As for Holland's famous goal, didn't they keep press conference where they said referee did the right decision? That's what my dad said.

As for UEFA's Fantasy football my team is this

Cech

Boularouz
    Materazzi
    Knezevic

Van der Vaart
    Ballack
    Ljungberg
    De Rossi

Torres
    Nuno Gomes
    Klose

Need to change few players tho :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

I've completely reshuffled mine now
    Before transfers

Cech

Lahm
    Carvalho
    Materazzi
    Degen

Ronaldo
    Fabregas
    Gattuso
    Stelios

Torres
    Podolski
    and Samaras sub

Now though

Cech

Lahm
    Carvalho
    Materazzi
    Degen

Sneijder
    Modric
    Gattuso

Torres
    Podolski
    Villa

Fernandes as sub

I don't mind the controversy surrounding Hollands goal i mean its what footballs all about! If there weren't any debating points we wouldnt keep talking about all the time it makes the game interesting i think.

3. Misery

Misery Pathologist

D-day is today. :D Croatia vs. Germany.

I have to say that I'm a bit scared... A few players are injured, we still don't have final 11... Honestly, I think Germany will win, but I'm hoping my guys will do better than in the last game against Austria. 7 more hours... :D

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Congrats to Portugal and farewell to Switzerland.

I was wondering, does anybody know why the Czech Republic goalkeeper wear that helmet? :confused:

5. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ Petr Čech get serious head injury in the English Premiership when his team Chelsea play vs Reading... more info about this u can find in this link.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh boy, i felt so bad for Switzerland yesterday. they fought hard and their match with Turkey yesterday was one of the most interesting so far. not to mention the weather conditions made it difficult to do anything with the ball.

on the other hand i'm glad for Portugal. the boys led by C. Ronaldo and Deco showed some great football and definitely deserve the quarter final.

i keep my fingers crossed for Poland and Germany today.

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I was giggling at Turkey - Swizerlandgame because of the rain. Seriously it was fun to see because ball didn't move anywhere on the groud. And how funnily it stopped when Switzerland made their first goal :lol: :lol:

I hope Klose kicks some ass tonight, just because he is captain in my Fantasy Football team :p I was thinking if I change Podolski to my team, I know I have to switch defensemen :rolleyes:

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Boruc=goalkeeping genius.

ETA:
    i thought i might add that the way Polish team played in the beginning with Austria was embarrassing but somehow they are getting back to the game after they miracously scored a goal. thank heavens for guerreiro and boruc.

ETA2 after last minute:
    *shoots herself* there shouldn't be a penalty there! you gotta be kidding me! *pacepalm*

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. inge

inge CSI Level Two

OMG!!!!
    a tie!!!!
    Austria shot a goal and we won a point!
    now I'm happy!!! :)
    we're not so big loosers like everyone thought!

I'm also sad because Austria could have won the game.
    three big scoring chances in the first half, the Polish goal was offside and there was another penalty worthy situation.
    aw, poor Harnik was very sad after the game. He had two big scoring chances.
    that's our problem. We don't have a goalgetter

sooo true! :rolleyes:

and now we only have to beat Germany and hello quarter final! :lol::lol:

10. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Well, well, well, we did it again. :D Croatia - Germany 2:1

I bow at Srna (my sweetheart :))! But, I have to say we actually looked like a team there! I mean, I can't say that anyone didn't perform well.

Coach Bilic, I bow at you too! Let's rock!!!

11. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Reading - in the Premiership? *sigh* :( Mourinho apparently apologized for his harsh words about Stephen Hunt later on, which is good to know.

Yay for Austria! I was so pleased. :D

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Holland - France 4-1 :wtf: :wtf: again.. really wow.. Good job Holland! Of course, on Tuesday I'll be feeling a bit different for tis team. But 1-1 with Italy for Romania. That is absolutely amazing! We have a shot. The last time we played Holland we won, and we can do it twice ;) :D

13. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

What an amazing my Dutch boys from the Holland team played and they where just unstopable! This match made me so hyper that I even can't sleep right now! :lol:

Also the last 3 minutes of the Germany - Croatia game was just totally insane and it was an attack of a red card and a bunch of yellow cards. :guffaw:

14. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Wow. That Holland - France game was just beautiful. :) 4-1! Arjen Robbe was so fast with scoring after France scored, what was it, in the same minute? :lol: It was nice to watch.

15. Misery

Misery Pathologist

The game was great! Pure enjoyment to watch. :D Tensions were high, since the winner got to relax in the last game, and the loser still has to worry.

Luckily, we're on the side of the winners. :D
    It would be interesting to see Austria win. :D Italy and France are on the losing streak, England is nowhere to be found :)D), only Spain is pretty good from the Top 5 and will probably be in the quarterfinals.

Congrats to Netherlands! They are pretty remarkable! IMO, probably new Euro champions.