The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Wow what a great football game this evening. Holland so much kick Italy ass. *make happy dance* Brilliant !!! :D More of this in the future pls.

2. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Wow, I still can't believe we won ... :eek: okay, I knew we had a chance ... but 3-0. I think that's the best match I've ever seen over the Dutch team! :thumbsup:

:beer:

I saw just a bit from Romania vs France (wanted to see more, but was stuck in traffic for over a hour), but wasn't that interesting. Portugal was impressive so far, and Germany did well yesterday. Tomorrow Spain, I hope they will do well. :)

O by the way, it was not offside. There was an Italian player injured, he was out of the field, but he was still part of the game, so Van Nistelrooy never could be offside, since that player was (sort of) in front of him.

(I didn't know it either, I just type here what they told on TV ;) )

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Holland were awesome today, well done :D And the second goal was the best of the tournament so far easily.

And France, well they were just well, I don't want to say awful, but yeh...

4. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

WOOHOOOO! We won! How amazing where we tonight? :D

The game totally rocked and our boys totally owned the game. They played so well and also where good in cotact with eachother and played of eachother so good. :)

The next game is Friday when we will playing against France.

I didn't like the France - Romania game that much and I nearly fell asleep during it too. :borg: :lol:

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

France -Romania was probably the worse game since the cup started, but I don't care, the boys managed to stay at 0 - 0 , which is a good result for us :D

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Offiside goal: Indeed, there was one italian player outside the field and he was counted to be still in the game... was he really injured? :p or just trying to get pause in the game :p

Anyways, my bet (well, no money involved there) f'ed up totally in Holland-Italy game (I had it 1-1) - but I think no one believed that Italy takes such a beating! I think it was the biggest lost ever for Italy (I mean goals).But I don't care about my points in that challenge now that Holland kicked ass big time!

And what comes to group C... Romania-France was just...sad (of course gives more hope to Holland!), I mean even when France has played carefully, they've still managed to make a goal or two... but now...Romania did well. And I have to say, for Italy it will be tough to try to get thru!

7. Misery

Misery Pathologist

IMO, Panucci was really injured. I mean, Buffon really knocked him down. And I doubt that he even managed to see what was happening behind his back. Since he was "out", the goal was irregular. The whole thing happened in 2 seconds and I do understand that referee didn't have the time to observe everything and to stop the game, but other refs should've pointed that out to him.

Now, my team really failed me. Yes, they did won 1:0, but Austria really "beat" them in the other half. I'm really afraid of what will happen in the game against Germany... Something has to change.

8. althea

althea Lab Technician

That was a bore to sit through hey, I rushed home from work got all my crap in order settled down in front of the TV and nearly fell asleep. But well done to you guys for keeping a clean sheet though.:thumbsup:
    Needless to say I wasn't looking to the Holland/Italy game, glad I watched though best game of the tournament this far! I didn't expect the Italians to get their asses kicked by such a huge margin but there you go and GO HOLLAND! BTW why wasn't Arjen Robben playing does anyone know?

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Well, even then it was right call with those rules. There was no whistle so he wasn't counted as "outside" - Uefa (or whatever is the international football thingie) probably checks the rules after this.

As they said, it was right call with today's rules.

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Spain 4 - Russia 1. :)
    David Villa's hat trick and Cesc Fábregas.
    I think we have an easy group so I'm confident we'll pass this first round but next round we have to play with the "group of death" and we'll be out, as always. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  11. Roosey

Roosey Captain

He was injured.

We kicked a**! My bet was 3-0 for Italy, but it was the other way round. I changed it quickly with some arrows. :lol:

No, it was a very good game. I have to admit (Ducky's going to slap me now) that I watch less and less football every month, but I really enjoyed watching this game. We did very well, and I don't think the goal was offside. The player was probably just taking a break. :lol: Ah well, then we would've beaten them 2-0. Whatever.

I'm looking forward to the Netherlands - France game, I'm going to watch it in the bar. Should be loads of fun.

And Ducky, I love your banner. Very dutch!

[​IMG]

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I really wanted to see Holland-Italy, but I got home like 1 hour after the game ended. And silly me, I thought that Holland could be our easy target dammit! :lol: From the way France played the first game, I think they just don't stand a chance with The Netherlands.

13. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Woohoo its a shame torres didnt score he's in my fantasy team lol an i was a bit shocked they took him off...
    I love Cesc Fabregas though and im glad he scored :)

14. Misery

Misery Pathologist

FIFA. :D
    I understand that. The rules is that the player is in the game the whole time until the ref whistles and gives the sign that he can leave the field, weather to be fixed by doctors or to exit the field completely. But the grey area is that he wasn't in the field. He"flew" almost behind the goal and he wasn't willingly outside, therefore he wasn't part of the field where outside takes place, and that is in the margins of the field. The referee probably had to intervene sooner, but the whole thing happened too fast.

I actually checked a few sites and it seems that this situation really confused even people involved in football. This really fits the grey area of the rules.

Today matches have pretty predictable scores. Spain and Sweden's victory.

15. althea

althea Lab Technician

I didn't see the Spain/Russia the channel here decided not to play that game and opted instead to play the Sweden game:scream: I did not enjoy watching the Greek defenders passing the ball to each other, no offense but really that was just rubbish. No attacking football whatsoever. Think I can go the rest of the tournament without seeing another one of their matches if that's their game plan.:rolleyes: