The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

CBS is more interested in pleasing their older audience, like that's the only one they have or something. I think they're looking past the praise they would garner by making two of their main characters gay. They don't have to handle it like GSR, they can just give a little nod but that's not saying they need to throw dry humping in every episode. CBS doesn't realize that omg wow there are gay people in real life, having one black person on the show doesn't automatically win you the PC award of the century.

But yeah, I've said it before, just some confirmation would be nice, even in the series finale where they actually didn't have to deal with it. I'm all excited for the new season, just to see how things pan out. If they do that whole, oh Greg wasn't close to Warrick so lets not include him bs I will lose it. And not just for the love aspect of it but Greg is still a major character they leave because of their own bigoted fear.

I did a picspam of the s1(ahh simpler days) love moments
    http://fatherleary.livejournal.com/32260.html
    but s2 has so much more subtext it's like im dying.

2. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I personally think Nick would be worried what the others would think of him. The way he acts when someone else mentions their romantic life and then almost gets the topic onto his tells me that he is. He isn't comfortable with who he is yet, and until he is, he will be nervous about it.

^-^ I agree with everything you just said. They don't need to handle it like GSR. Even just a slight mention of it would be okay for me. The other viewers (non-Love people) wouldn't even have to realize it was going on. Something we could see or understand and they wouldn't, but it would be a confirmation.

3. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Wow lots to read. I had my first exam in 5 years this morning and decided to channel Greg to make me feel more confident (I went for a striped shirt, messy waves and strong coffee lol) - and hey, it worked! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about this just the other day, how strange! You never hear Greg talk about anyone in any specific way, he just goes on like he's Mr Casanova, wanting everyone to think he dates loads but never mentioning specifics...I think it's just part of his image that he feels like he has to keep up, plus it diverts attention from his relationship with Nick. But, he cannot bring himself to make up any details about a girl, because, well, he loves Nick and he doesn't really have the heart to...:) Nicky is easily embarrassed when anyone asks him personal questions, but I don't think that's just because it's Greg, I think he's a private person in general.

I love the idea that they are together by the end of S1...I never can decide but it puts a new spin on all the flirting, if it's more than just flirting! I love that cap of them from Cats in the Cradle...really boys, is there any need to stand so close? :p

As for Play With Fire, Fannysmackin' and Grave Danger...I like to think their reactions were in there somewhere and TPTB lost their nerve. *shakes fist* It upsets me to watch them too, I only do it when I'm feeling really brave 'cause I hate to see either of them hurt.

I agree, Caff, and the PC comment made me laugh! It's true, there are gay people in the world and it might be nice to see some of them on tv. We don't need much...just a little push beyond subtext. As for some people not liking it, well, any ship they choose to make canon will have its supporters and its detractors, because apart from anything else there will always be at least one other ship it conflicts with. But y'know, we've been so patient, and they've been through so much...show us the Love!

Nat x

4. my_last_chance

^-^ So true! Greg doesn't really mention names or anything... no specific details of any kind. Hmm. Nick's so uncomfortable when he talks about his sex life or past relationships, it's actually kind of funny. On Spike today, they played the episode where Greg's on the phone with someone, saying he loves that person. I dunno, maybe it's not a girl on the other end, but a guy?
    Off Topicnesss: I was over in The Great Ship Debate and I came across (after twenty some odd pages) a debate about The Love. I personally enjoy reading how people debate their ships, and since I can't really convince anyone about it, it was pretty awesome to read how they debated The Love. It's nice to know that The Love has followers besides the ones who post on this thread! xD

5. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Totally I mean just small action between Nicky and Greggo would be enough for me. Like one of them mentioning they will see the other at home or one comforts the other. Just anything small to let us LOVE fans know whats going down. Like we have said before and will say many times again CSI has such a large range of viewers they are worried about losing some when introducing new relationship. The writers just need to get with 21st century already. Also them seem to be trying to fix it by giving Nicky a random girlfriend. Which all they have archived is irritating Nicky fans cause shes so young and pissing off all shippers including us. So maybe not such a smart move on their part.

Anywho, I may not post for a while since I'm going on vacation to Las Vegas for seven days tomorrow. I will have my comp with me so I might stop in and randomly post.

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Ditto. Firstly, I guess GSR is what we have to show for how the writer's handle relationships, but I guess it could be done differently, and it would be nice for us to see something that tells us 'yeh they are definately together' or something. It would be great, and it doesn't have to be done in a way that everyone would know i guess

And ditto abotu going away, except I'm not going to Vegas, I'm not going for a week and I'm not sure if I'm taking my computer or not yet, :D so basically it's not even the same lol...

7. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

I'm rewatching all the episodes - in reverse order for variety - and "Grave Danger" is the next one up. I'll think I'll make icons at the same time as a distraction. And have my kleenex handy.

It would also be nice if Greg makes it to CSI 2 sometime soon. They can't keep him a CSI I forever.

In my epic, I have the boys getting together after "Stalker." Nick has parts of his attic in his living room, so he has to stay with someone while that gets fixed - and who better than Greg. So in the epic, that cap is from right after the boys started dating.

Of course there are countless other times I could pick and knowing me, I may end up writing them as one-shots.

I think they both wanted each other at that point but at least one of them was probably afraid that the other was straight.

I think half of Greg's stories are made up and the in the case of "Fallen Idols" and "Goodbye and Good Luck" where Nick is his only audience, I think he was just trying to get a rise out of his Nicky.

I would love to see one of them make the "see you at home comment."

8. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

I'm so antsy for next season, just to see what happens, if by the grace of god we finally get what we've been waiting for, even in the smallest dose.

I did my picspam for s2 last night and it made me so sad. I mean the subtext in that season was crazy obvious. If tptb do put Nick with that waitress they will be getting bad feedback from all sides, just stop doing anything, they're only adding to the fire!

the s2 picspam if anyone wants to see it
    http://fatherleary.livejournal.com/32796.html

9. my_last_chance

^-^ I feel angst towards season 9 as well, but I just can't help it! There are so many things that could happen! In the short run we could have comfort moments between Nick and Greg, and in the long run we could have a confirmation from the boys. As MsCatherineBrown said, it could be something extremely tiny but we would notice and it would be a definite confirmation.

^-^ That was awesome! I haven't really seen season 2 all the way through, so it was really interesting to see all the subtext without watching the episodes. Thanks soo much for posting the link here! I agree with you when you say that TPTB will only get bad feedback if they stick Nick with Stephanie. There are lots of people out there who don't want Nick with her, including The Love, Snickers, and CatNip shippers, but also people who just want to keep him single.
    Whenever I bring up Stephanie and how "awful" she is, my mom says that I'm jealous. She already thinks I'm in a cult over Greg and Nick, so I didn't bother bringing up that it wouldn't be me jealous . . . it'd be Greg!

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Over in The Ward we're wondering if anybody over here has a larger copy of this pic. I thought that I might have seen one over here but that was a while ago. :) If someone does have one could you either post it here or in The Ward or you can pm it to me. Thanks. :)

Susan

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

No, I posted that pic here awhile ago but never found a bigger one. I wish soneone had a bigger one.

I am looking forward to season 9 but at the same time I'm worried about it. I just want to see the guys keep working together.

12. Eurydike

Eurydike Victim

Hmm my take on Play With Fire....I think Nick is conspicuous by his absence. He's in the AV lab with Archie at the time of the explosion, and though we see Archie after, no sign of Nick. I see no reason why he didn't follow the ambulance to the hospital, only returning to work when Greg is resting and Grissom calls him back.
    Tptb are not the best when it comes to proper time continuity, but realistically there's no way anyone was let back into that lab to work for a few hours. They'd have had to make sure the explosion was an isolated incident for one thing.
    Next time we see Nick he's back in the AV lab with Archie, still wearing the same clothes if I remember correctly. Which is weird cos no matter how far away the Nick was from the explosion, im sure his clothes should feel smelly and grubby from the smoke etc. So, what, he hasn't had time to go home and change or get to his locker? And to my mind, he looks a bit frazzled by then, concerned, maybe a little distressed even but trying to keep it private.
    And I think Nick is too much a Southern gentleman about these things. He tries to fix things, it's only natural that with Sara shaken up, he'd feel that he had to put aside his feelings and be the 'strong one'. That he confronts Sara so aggressively about what it's like to have a gun pulled on you...well that seems a bit out of character for Nick normally, he'd be far more likely to just be concerned about her, unless he's already wound up and under stress. Just my two cents....

As for the other two. My love for Tarantino died a bit with GD. Because Greg's so completely out of it, to the extent that it's wildly out of character for him, even if he and Nick were just friends. Hodges seems more concerned! I have to think that Greg just shut down, couldn't cope emotionally, was just completely numb. Although I'm not sure even this accounts for how he is in the last couple of scenes when they rescue Nick. But I sort of notice a shift in his relationship with Warrick after this point. I know they were never close but we do get inklings of a camraderie between them right back to S1 when they're talking video games in the lab. 510 - No Humans Involved, Warrick is concerned enough to call and check up on him and we see the three of them laughing together at the end like three mates. Not that they were ever the best of friends but they seemed like two people that could have a laugh together, go out for drinks with their colleagues etc.
    After GD it's like theres a noticeble cooling between them. 603 Bite Me- Warrick calls him Sanders. Gum Drops, Greg makes the Yoko Ono crack. 619 Spellbound it's almost icy, if in still professional. "Your former lab rat begged me for it/Next time you screw me up with Grissom..."
    I don't know whether Warrick has found out about him and Nick. Possible, I can see him not caring that Nick's with a guy, or at least he gets over it pretty quickly, but I could definitely see him having a problem with that guy being Greg.
    Or maybe he's just reacting to vibes he gets from Greg, because I don't think Greg forgives him for how he behaved during GD, harbours maybe a bit of resentment maybe for how Warrick talked to him, how he acted like Nick meant more to him than he meant to anyone else, like he was somehow entitled. I can see Greg feeling guilty for feeling that way, trying to get over it cos it's not a competition of who loves Nick the most and everyone reacts differently and being angry at Warrick is just because he wants to blame somebody but he just can't help the resentment that creeps in when he and Warrick are together.

I'm just about to rewatch Fannysmackin', but i think the way Nick reacts is pretty much how he did to a lesser degree with Sara in PWF, all his worry and concern gets turned into anger and he lashes out with Kfed. They've been together longer now so his behaviour is much more obvious. The way he says "I'd like to see Greg" at the end is filled with such tenderness makes me squee a bit. And Tptb continuity rule applies again here, there's no reason Nick hasn't been back and forth to the hospital throughout the episode, we just don't get to see it.

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Wow, I never realized that Nick didn't change his clothes, so maybe he really went to hospital with Greg if only to make sure he was OK (as a friend or lover). I can't really remember the Sara part, so I guess I have to rewatch the episode ;)

Well, I never understood why we didn't get to see a close-up from Greg to when they showed the live-feed of Nick. He was there and everyone else got one. Really disappointing!! :(

I never really thought about Warrick and Greg's relationship that much, but you may have a point there. I could imagine Warrick having a problem with Nick being with Greg (not with men in general though).

I love the punch! It was such a sign of how truely and deeply Nick's in love with Greg.

About S9, well, I have my suspicions and since I'm not a very positive person, well, let's say, I hope they do the right thing (haha, as if ...)
    Anyway, I don't think that Greg will be shown at the funeral or the episode that deals with Warrick's death at all. For some reason TPTB don't seem to like Greg. Everyone gets more screentime than he does (e.g. Hodges) Why is that??? :confused:

I have the strong feeling that the whole "Warrick's dead" episode will take place while Greg's still in LA.

Anyway, to get to a more positive place, even with the new CSI there is a big chance that they work more cases together and that means more subtext and slashy goodness for us.
    No beard could ever destroy that!!! :thumbsup:

14. my_last_chance

^-^ I've never thought of it. I've come to realize that Greg/Warrick weren't the best of buds, and maybe this could be the reason why. Warrick ... he isn't the best of friends with Greg, but there isn't an animosity to their relationship. Warrick could just think that Greg's still a little kid, and he feels that when he's with him, he's babysitting Sanders. Greg could, after Grave Danger, resent Warrick because of everything you said ... he thought that Warrick figured himself to love Nick more than anyone else. That in itself is selfish, even without The Love. Everyone loved Nick, but Greg loved him as a friend and as more than that. I could see Greg holding onto that kind of feeling and not being able to let it go. Wow, Greg'll probably feel awful after he finds out Warrick died, and he couldn't let go of those feelings. He'd probably think back on all those times where they could have gotten to know each other and never did.

^-^ I personally have the feeling that Greg will come back as soon as he hears. He might not hear right after the event, but maybe when Grissom, Cath and Nick are all gathered, someone will remember that Greg still has no clue. If Nick was the one who found Warrick, I doubt he's going to be the one to inform Greg. Even if I wasn't that great a friend to someone I worked with in a close group, I'd still come back. Even if it was just to comfort everyone else, I'd still come back. I'd like to think that Greg would do that as well. He'd have to know that all of them are going to be hurting horribly and they'll need someone to talk to ... especially Nick.
    Man, I could see this happening if Greg didn't come back from LA ...
    If Nick found Warrick, he'd rush him to the hospital and contact everyone else. His focus wouldn't be on Greg at the moment, and no one else's would be either. All they can think about is Warrick.
    Warrick is in surgery and all the team can do is wait, and Grissom tries to get some people to go home to rest a bit. Catherine flat out refuses, but Grissom tries extra hard to get Nick to go home. Gris can see how exhausted Nick is, and he volunteers to drive Nick home.
    Nick gets home and realizes Greg isn't there. He tries to call him, but he gets the answering machine and now he's all alone in his house, waiting for Grissom to come and get him or to hear something about the surgery. Nick's all alone and no one's there for him.
    Aweh, that made me kinda sad writing, but it'd be an awesome fanfic. *Hopes someone will snag it and write it*

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

That's really sad.

Well, I know Greg would come back as soon as possible to be with Nick or to just be there with everyone after Warrick's death. That's just him, he cares for his friends. But I'm not sure TPTB know that too. That's what I'm worried about that they won't let him return in time. I could really see that happen, as mad as it makes me.

I like your take on how Nicky's all alone but I'd rather have him call Greg as soon as possible. Greg's just arrived in LA, gets the call from Nick and tries to get the next flight back to Vegas. Ah, if only we Love fans could write that episode it would be so much better...

On a more happier note, I can't wait for all the fics that will come out of this episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.