CSI: NY Emmy Episode Submissions

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 31, 2008.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This handy site posted the list of episodes that actors and such got submitted for an Emmy. Everyone got submitted EXCEPT for Melinda, Hill, Eddie and Anna. :eek: I can see why for Anna, but Melina? Come on!

Drama Series:
    CSI: NY ("Right Next Door")

Drama Lead Actor:
    Gary Sinise ("The Thing About Heroes")

Drama Supporting Actor:
    Carmine Giovinazzo ("Child's Play")
    A.J. Buckley ("Down the Rabbit Hole")

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It sucks that Melina wasn't submitted for RND. :( Especially when you consider that's the episode submitted for Best Drama. I'm thrilled that both A.J and Carmine have been submitted, though. They both rocked in their respective episodes. :thumbsup:

3. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Eddie didn't get submitted!!

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Oh, that's right!

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

OH MY GOD. CARMINE AND AJ WERE SUBMITTED FOR THE EMMIES! :D :D :D I can't believe it, finally! Yaaaaaaaaaaay! :D But, WHY WAS EDDIE NOT SUBMITTED?! :mad: He did damn good in episode 4x13!

And are my eyes deceiving me or was the episode with the super hot and intimate scene between Danny and Rikki submitted as well?! :eek: :D

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I can see Hill and Anna (and Bob) not getting submitted since they really didn't get an episode to shine this season that I can recall--it sucks, but it makes sense. Eddie did do well in "All in the Family", now that I think about it. I'm kind of surprised that AJ got nominated, although he was awesome in "DtRH". :D

The one that really bugs me is, as PA said, Melina. If they submitted "Right Next Door" as an episode, Melina really should have been submitted for the awesome job she did in it. :(

ETA: Oh! And why wasn't Jacqueline Pinol submitted for guest star, now that I think about it? :( And Carmen (I forget his last name) that plays Gerrard? Was "Admissions" aired too late to be considered?...

7. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Carmen Argenziano (I hope that the spelling is right) did great job for portraying Gerard. I am so excited for AJ Buckley :D YAY! As for Carmine, he gets on that list every damn year and he never gets nominated to an Emmy. Maybe this will be his lucky year, because he rocked the show in CP :D

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Im so glad that AJ got nomanated for best supporting along with Carmine because their performances in the named episodes were great :D However like Fay and PA I'm wondering why Melina didnt get a nomination for RND :)

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I think that Right Next Door was supposed to be a Stella centric episode (which for me it was), but unfortunately the accent fell on the DL aspect of it all, the Monologue of Doom and all that. I think that when people see the title of Right Next Door, they instantly think about Danny sleeping with Rikki, Lindsay professing her unanswered love instead of thinking: Stella almost die in that fire, she saved a child, and she manage to find out that her next door neighbor kidnapped Bailey O'Dell (If I'm not mistaken). Heck! Even the title suggests that, but unfortunately, Right Next Door falls as a DL episode.

10. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Well whoever forgot to submit Eddie and Melina just sucks!!!

I'm super exicted for AJ and Carmine's submissions and I'm hoping that at least one of them gets a nomination!

All in all I think they picked good episodes for the submissions. I can't wait until the nominations are out!

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

On the fandom front, it seems that the Emmy nominations pimp list for CSI:NY has come out. Predictably, Gary and Carmine were listed, and deservedly so, though to be blunt, I suspect that Gary was nominated more for his name than his performance. And Carmine, well, I can't deny that he knows how to turn it on.

I was surprised by the omission of Melina Kanakaredes, though. She's consistently wonderful as Stella, and she had some great moments this season, most notably in "Right Next Door" and "Taxi". She should have been submitted for consideration.

And why the hell wasn't Carmine Argenzziano submitted for his role in "Admissions"? If A.J. Buckley, who by the by, has been touted as a regular for a full season by the PTB, yet never credited as such, can be submitted for the festering dungpile known as "The Shameless, Trendy, Tie-in That Sucked So Much Ass That The NY Lungs Were Showing" AKA "Down the Rabbit Hole", then Carmine AG should've been listed for his incredible performance as Gerrard.

I'm disappointed that Eddie got no love for "All in the Family," but not surprised. While Flack certainly shone as a friend indeed to a friend in need, that was Danny's and Riki's episode. Besides, CBS and NY probably decided to back the horse with greater star power and a larger body of work throughout the season, and that's Carmine. Eddie and Flack are talented and criminally underused in the role. Hopefully, S5 will remedy that, and Eddie will finally get a nod; maybe "Veritas" will do the trick.

And let's not discuss Hawkes, who, bless him, is the Professor Binns of NY, unappreciated and all but forgotten.

At least no one was stupid enough to put Anna Belknap's hat in the ring. If they had, I would've curled up in the shower with a bottle of Beam and drunk myself into an incontinent stupor.

12. athens

athens Coroner

This is the first time that CSI:NY is in for the emmy awards,right?

It is a beggining although it's a shame that Melina and other actors were not nominated since they deserved it.It is not really fair but we can't do anything but wish luck to the rest.:)

13. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Actually, these are submissions for possible Emmy nominations. The nominations will be chosen from all the ones listed in the link vegaslights gave in the first post. I believe the final nominees will be announced in July.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Aaahahahahaha*snort* That comment made my day.

15. athens

athens Coroner

Oh,thank you.I didn't know that.I'm not really familiar with the Emmy awards;)