Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I don’t think he’s gone to the bad side. I’m thinking that he’s pretending to have it out for H, and is working with the guys who want H dead. When the time is right they (people who want H dead) can be flushed out, and guess who will be there waiting for them?

It was a great choice using Ryan as possibly going bad. It will make everyone (rest of the CSI’s) think that he is still pissed off at H for firing him last season. Maybe he and Eric will come to blows and Ryan will have to take his shirt off.

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I think that would really suck.
    I would hate it if Ryan played both sides, especially just to get ahead! I hate to say it but I'd probably start disliking him... Ryan just shouldn't do that. :(
    Hopefully these are rumors, I want Hero!Ryan!

:lol: Wow, I hope so!

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
  3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I hope Corey Miller's reply is mostly hype.I really don't like the"playing both sides against the middle" business.What does that mean? As the summer advances,I hope to hear more postive spoilers about Ryan because I hated this one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
  4. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I don't know why TPTB continually are hating on Ryan - I mean, talk about character assassination! Sure, Ryan can have flaws - I didn't mind the gambling thing, except that it was so "out of the blue" and never developed - but "playing both sides"? I never took him as someone who would betray the team. Just last year, Ryan told H, "I'm not gonna abandon this team," and he meant it.

I really think Ryan's a stand-up guy w/some flaws, but not a double-crosser - not intentionally anyway. I mean, let's look at his character here: The whole thing w/him "leaking" info to that news chick in Season 3, that was accidental. He was the hero in the "mole" situation. The gambling thing - he was overly stressed, prob. b/c he was doing extra shifts covering for Delko and b/c of everything else going on at the lab.

I just can't see Ryan EVER betraying the team, not like this. And if he does, he couldn't be on the team anymore, and TPTB have already done that.

Hopefully Ryan will show his true colors soon - which I think are good. I really wish TPTB would take time to re-read the Donn Cortez Miami paperbacks - Ryan had a great storyline in them, and really looked like a hero, not a loser. :(

What's frustrating is it was difficult for me to accept a "new" character after Speed (b/c he was my fav.), but I really liked Ryan from the beginning. I just hate what they've done to him since. :(

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just wanted to let y'all know, I've added some spoiler codes in here to be safe. I realize that there's been discussion of Ryan's fate with the team prior to the spoilers being released but in some posts there are direct mentions to Corey Miller's snippet/spoiler. So just wanted to make sure our spoiler-free friends are 100% comfortable in here. :)

6. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

I completely agree on all counts. He's got issues: the gambling thing probably goes with the OCD they don't talk about anymore since it's a compulsive thing, too; and a lot of his screw ups were accidental or at least well-intentioned. He's not a bad guy, though, which is what Donn Cortez did so well with him. In fact, I may stop at the library after work tonight and check those books out again :p

Gracias--I don't read spoilers anymore because they tend to morph into something different by the time the show airs. I'm curious now, though...

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Lets hope TPTB and the writers remember it.They seem to have forgotten what type of guy he started out to be.

I think I'll lay off the spoilers for a while (until something postive comes along LOL)
    I'll try anyway.

8. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Wow. those spoilers are so weird.
    Again like someone said I hope it's all just hype.

I plan on staying away from season 7 spoilers that way I can be surprised and just incase everything is all hype.

9. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

Might I remind you all that it's COREY MILLER..?! He is pretty much known for saying things and making us freak out. And if that's not enough assurance, what reason does Ryan have for wanting Mr. Super!Horatio dead? :confused: He got him his life back, so why would Ryan want to take his away?

--Ally

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Even though I am not new to CSI: Miami, I am new to the different sites and messege boards as well as spoilers.Until a few weeks ago I was never concerned with spoilers or interviews etc. I looked at the show season after season and somehow never got caught up in it.This is the first I've read anything by Mr. Miller,but I now know to not take his article seriously. I agree 200% that Ryan has no reason to want H dead.

11. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

I hope that the writers don't make Ryan go to the Dark Side like Anakin Skywalker did in Star Wars . Ryan has always been my fav since he has been on the show and I would hate to see that happen. Ryan has so much Drive and Love for his job I hate for him to risk his job again and not be able to get it back this time.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I agree, why do they do that to Ryan? It's totally out of the way his character was supposed to be. Let's hope tptb remember that Ryan said that to H last season. I loved that quote,

Ryan: I'm not gonna abandon the team.
    H: And we, Mr Wolfe, are not gonna abandon you.

I went wheeeee!!!!! when I heard those lines.

Again agree. I like flawed characters but not like this someone who double-crosses the team.

If it did happen that would totally piss me off and screw up the show for me....

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Horatio wasn't the one who fired Ryan though. It was Stetler who told him, "I need your gun and your badge." So, why would Ryan even have a reason to be mad at Horatio? Horatio got him his job back and Ryan told him that he would not forget what Horatio did for him. Horatio is probably cashing in on that favor.

Ryan shirtless :drool: I'd like to see Ryan and Jake playing basketball together and both being shirtless. :drool: :drool: :drool: Hehe.

Does anyone have screencaps of Ryan's first ep when he was in the police uniform?

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  14. Sakura_Kiss

Sakura_Kiss Hit and Run

Haloo fellow Ryholics! I'm new here and I've come to share my love for the one and only Ryan Wolfe.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Here are screencaps for Under The Influence where he wore a police uniform. (I gave the link starting on the page where Ryan shows up) I believe he also wears it further into the episode as well.

I hope this also helps. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.