"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

byline, It was only just mentioned. No flashbacks from that were used..but I kind of thought they should have but that's just me.

2. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

Greg actually said "I've got a plane to catch." He has to go to L.A. for his book!

~~Ally

3. valishh

valishh Civilian

This is what I want to discuss.. how the scene made you feel. That was the purpose of my original post. I agree. It was incredibly heartbreaking with the way they did it.. the music and slow motion and seeing his face after that first shot. Its burned in my brain.. that image.

4. Micha

Micha Rookie

Thanx a lot. I understand he says: "Catch a plane" is that correct?

5. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

Put it this way, when I figured out where they were going to go, you could have knocked me over with a feather. If I hadn't been laying on the couch, breathlessly repeating, "Oh no, oh no. They're going to kill him, oh no!"

I'm just so glad that TPTB were able to keep that one under their hat because I think the emotional impact wouldn't have been so visceral had people known it before-hand.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i just rewatched the finale and i think that Gary gave a pretty solid performance. he may not always deserve an Oscar but in For Gedda he was, acting-wise, in great shape.

also, WP looked better. in S7 he seemed quite overworked and i guess the writers' strike did him good.

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yup. For me, the emotional impact was blunted slightly because given all we'd heard about Gary's contract negotiations, I knew something was going to happen; I just didn't know what. I don't think anything will ever shock me as much as Gary's death on "thirtysomething." The reason being that there was absolutely no forewarning at all. No one, except for those working on the show, knew the actor, Peter Horton, wasn't returning; the media were caught completely off-guard, and as a result, so was the audience. So that was a shock.

For Warrick, the shock was in how they did it, and how believable it was. It just had that sad, abrupt finality to it that one moment he was there, the next moment he was gone.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  8. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

oh man! just saw this last night. i knew something was wrong as soon as the breakfast scene started, i was urging someone to accompany warrick home, but alas.

i was also coming to the end of a rather bad cold, feeling so much better... then i was so shocked by the shooting i literally threw up, and have felt sick to my stomach since. :(

although, happily the undersheriff of evil did his own dirty work this time... meaning grissom will get him. *nods resolutely*

9. Leesey

Leesey Victim

i too watched this episode last night.
    i was sat on the couch in anticipation when that breakfast scene started..

i'd missed a couple of episodes this season (am downloading them all now so i can see them) but still had a grasp at what was going on.

I had a horrible feeling when he got in the car and someone knocked on the window but my god i didnt expect that gun shot at all. my instant reaction was my hand going to my mouth in disbelieve and shock.
    id been shedding tears when Grissom were telling Warrick that he more or less werent losing his job and giving him a massive hug, the shooting made it 10x worse and i cant believe hes gone :( Sarah leaving was an upsetting one for me too, never mind this one.
    i hope the undersheriff gets caught *shakes fist*

eee too involved, know its a tv show but you get attached and learn to love the characters dont you.
    anyway long post shall stop now.

10. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

I know how y'all feel. I kept telling myself after all the sobbing and grieving that Warrick was just a character on a show, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is just a show, and it's nothing to dwell over too long. I'm finally getting over the shock, and I'm moving my favoritism over to another show for a long while, to get over the entire hatred I feel for CSI at the moment. I miss Sara Sidle, too... but I don't know if I'll be able to stick around long enough to see her possible return.

I love CSI, but I can't stand that it broke my heart... twice.

11. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

Exactly.

I knew about Gary's contract issues but, because we weren't getting any spoilers beyond the angle of whether or not Warrick killed Gedda, I figured either he did it and would be sent off to jail or he would quit or be fired at the lab. I just never thought they'd kill him off. As silly as it sounds, it was like I was watching the diner scene, knowing what was coming, and there wasn't a damn thing I could do to stop it... and that hurt.

12. Leesey

Leesey Victim

Amanda_Ruth do you mean your not going to watch any of the other CSI's for a while?
    It really is too much sometimes. The whole Gravedanger with what happened to Nick, good god i was a mess watching that, absolutely insane what a programme can do to you.

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

We all have a breaking point, even when it comes to a fictional TV show. Years ago, I faithfully watched "General Hospital" (the soap). At one point, Felicia's daughter needed a heart transplant. Tony's daughter (Tony being her brother-in-law, the girl her niece) was left brain dead after injuries suffered in a bus crash, so Tony had to make the decision to donate her heart to Felicia's daughter. He was a doctor and stayed there with her after the procedure as all her vital signs ceased. I felt like I was witnessing something real, not just watching a show; it really made you feel something of what a parent might go through in that ordeal. The whole thing was too much for me, and I never tuned in regularly after that. It was the same for "thirtysomething," which I mentioned earlier. I did continue to watch the show in the aftermath of Gary's death (which they handled extraordinarily well, I might add). But it was when everyone tried to go back to "normal" that I just couldn't watch anymore.

I like to think that even though losing a beloved TV character is nothing like losing someone in real life, we learn some coping lessons in the process of grieving for a fictional character so that maybe that will somehow come to our aid later on. Or maybe that's just as much a fantasy as these characters and stories are. I haven't gone through anything so catastrophic yet, so I don't know.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

It's definately interesting how even though we know they're not real, we still wind up crying and everything. Obviously it's not like losing a real person but it still can make us sad. We feel like we get to know them over the weeks.

15. valishh

valishh Civilian

I could not agree with you more. I had just had friends over a week before this aired and we were discussing how he would get arrested and fired... that would be it. That would be how he would leave the show. I never expected them to kill him off. I certainly never expected it to be so shocking!