"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

:thumbsup: Right on!

2. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

I just want to ooint out that, if Dourdan manages to fix his problems, we may see him at later date.

It's entirely possible that CBS may actually leave his fate vague to the viewers. They could reference something "terrible" or "horrible" had happened to Warrick and show the other teams emotions without actually showing whether Warrick is alive or not.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That's true about the filming; I know NY already filmed some S5 episodes.

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

See, to me, it's ridiculous to write an ending that so clearly points to death, and then leave it open for the character to come back. Supposedly that's what happened to Claire over on "Law & Order"; she was killed in a car crash with a drunk driver while driving Lennie home, but apparently the powers-that-be left that open for a while until it became clear that the actress, Jill Hennessy, wasn't going to be able to return. But IMO, that's ridiculous. If you're going to write an ending where it's patently obvious that Warrick couldn't survive, then stick with it. Stop waffling.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think that CBS and the writers of the show are waiting to see how Gary deals with his "personal problems," and that's not waffling, it's "we're not sure what to do right now" Brass was also shot and we thought he was a goner, was that 'waffling' & the same old Nick in his tiral and tribulations in "GD" we had no idea if he'd live or not, and that two-faced reporter Auseillo stated that "Jorja/Sara was dead," and was she? I just think time will tell, and if he comes back fantastic, if not bummer:( I don't know about those other characters you're speaking of, for I didn't see them, but any thing is possible with CSI:wtf:

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

The difference is that we knew Brass was going to live in the finale, same thing with Nick in "Grave Danger" or that Sara was still alive in "Living Doll".

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Went back to work today after a week of vacation, and so it was the first time to discuss the episode with them. Just about everyone thought (and they don't read boards or spoilers or anything) that the final scene looked very out of place and like it was an afterthought to put it in when they found out Gary wasn't coming back. I thought that was interesting considering they aren't obsessed like I am. :lol:

As for Gary coming back if he gets his problems sorted out, I suppose that would depend on exactly what happened. Has it ever been officially stated whether he quit or was fired? And wasn't it already out that he was leaving even before the arrest?

8. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I sm sure CBS and the other networks plant spoilers too to stir up the fans and the forums!

But much as we all love the character.... Warrick has gone.

There is no point saying "No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'"

'his no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now history! 'E's off the twig!
    'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the b'ing choir invisibile!!:angel::guffaw:

Let's face it the debate is all fun and a sign of the shock we all felt at the wonderfully crafted end sequence.:bolian:

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

LOL, perfect timing on the dead parrot sketch!

10. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

So he's not just pining for the fjords, then...:cool:

11. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I'm sure somebody has brought this up but anothe reason why I think no Warrick next season is, why even show Holly as a preview.

Farscape all the time use to show previews to foreshadow what was going to happen in that episode or to come so if you kept close attention you were able to figure out what the writers were planning.

If they weren't hinting a death to one of the CSI's with Holly then why did they even bother to show it?

:( I really don't want Warrick to be dead but with his recent problems, and just everything else I don't think he's coming back as much as I wish he would.

P.S. I LOVE LOVE the Monty Python reference!

12. ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM

ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM Rookie

I found it very heart breaking. I could see it coming but I actually thought the car would explode, I jumped when the first shot was fired, I had my baby son in my arms and scared the crap out of him lol. Then I cried. It was just the way they did it, with the music, the slow motion, Warrick was a good character, he'd been there since the beginning so yanno? I'll miss him but I am glad it wasn't Nick. lol Gary Dourdan has RL problems, I do hope that he straightens himself out and get's better for himself and others. I do believe Warrick is dead, he will most likely appear in the Season 9 eppy 1 just as Warricks dead body and that will be that, all that will be left afterwards will be flashbacks.

13. Micha

Micha Rookie

At the end of For Gedda everybody is leaving the restaurant, Greg is saying something to Warrick when he leaves: "Catch your plain"
    Warrick answers with : "See you in the lab"

- Get some sleep tonight.
    - Oh, yeah.

00:39:51,530 --> 00:39:52,910
    - Thanks for breakfast.
    - You got it, man.

00:39:52,920 --> 00:39:55,160
    - ***** (here)
    - See you at the lab.

But I don't know certain what Greg says...
    Do you know it ?? In Spanish and Portugese they translate it like: "See you later"

Thanks a million,

Micha

14. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I thought I'd bring this up before the thread dries out.

You can't really blame dayshift for not testing Warrick's blood. After all, it was First Officer On The Scene Pritchard who told them the suspect was not exhibiting signs of alcohol intoxication or drug use. And I'm sure someone on dayshift wondered about the voids on Warrick's shirt.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

Did they actually show that flashback, or just mention it? Certainly the officer questioning Warrick mentioned it. The reason I ask is because I was watching on CTV, and the telecast kept cutting out at various points. (I can't even begin to describe how annoying that was.) So did they actually show a flashback to what happened to Holly?

Yup! Someone else mentioned "pining for the fjords" . . . too funny!

Ah, I hadn't picked up on that! And Pritchard was the rogue cop (who, by the way, is probably dead by now, killed by the undersheriff).