"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

I've watched it again and am not seeing where he could have touched the car with a palm. Particularly noticed how, when he leaned in the window, he was careful to lean on his forearm and not touch the window frame with his hands.

Now I'm just wondering what the deal was with them making a shot out of Warrick turning down the radio. It seemed to me like we're supposed to pay attention to the song or the time or something. It was 10:39pm and the song playing was Sunny by Bobby Hebb.

So I wonder if it means anything or if it was just a cruel little twist of fate that such an upbeat song was playing when Warrick met his end.

2. Mrs.RyanWolfe

Mrs.RyanWolfe Victim

I heard somewhere that if Gary gets his drug problems worked out they might have him come back to the show. So hopefully he will so Warrick will live!!!!!!!

3. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

Maybe Warrick has OnStar in his car, was conscious enough to hit the button, rattle off he needed help and who shot him

4. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

I guess that makes sense, but then how was Pritchard, a common beat cop, able to outsmart Gedda, seasoned mobster? Rather anticlimactic.

5. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

Only thing I can think of is Gedda really trusted Pritchard, had a private meeting with him....

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CBS, has 3 months or so, to decide if Warrick is still alive or not, we saw him get shot , but we don't know if he died! they do things like this, when we thought Sara was dead, and she wasn't :confused:maybe things will drastically change and he will come back:bolian: I'm not going to accept this, till it's over, and we don't know yet!

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  7. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I'm guessing it all depends on whether Gary is proven innocent or guilty on the drug charges as to Warrick's fate. I watched the death scene a few times (it hurt to, though), and he moves his hand up after being shot, so he's obviously got some mobility. He could have reached for his cell phone and called, but even then, I'm wondering what the chances are of him getting help before bleeding out. And with a shot to the neck, depending on where the bullet went through, could he even talk?

Gotta keep them fingers crossed for Warrick.

This also made me miss Sara, who has never been a favorite character of mine. But seeing how changed the show is from eight years ago really kinda makes me miss her. And what the team used to be. *sigh* :/

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The only thing I hated about the episode ... was that they pratically showed who killed him! I mean, what's the fun in watching them investigate the under sherrif, if we've already know who it is? Or am I the only one that has that problem?

I actually think that the under sherrif isn't the only one that was involved with the mob ... maybe the judge that Warrick got locked up is still doing some dirty deeds from behind bars ?? Just my predictions for the next season ;)

10. Desertwind

NO, I feel the opposite, we didn't know who it was, and the team still doesn't I'm glad they showed his true colors, and we now know what a complete snake he is! and only we know and Warrick know, so next season, it'll be exciting that we know, and watch Grissom and his team find out:thumbsup:

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I mentioned it a few threads back, and I still stand by my belief that he's dead. People who get shot in the head twice wouldn't normally survive. Tragic as it was, it would be ridiculous to have him survive after getting shot twice at close range, almost as ridiculous as Joey Tribiani (Friends) when his soap opera character, Dr. Ramore, fell down an elevator shaft and remained in a coma until they brought the character back.

I would love to see Grissom and the team get their revenge on the Undersheriff. I'm hoping we get to see it next season.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

IMO Gary let himself down. They are not responsible for his drug addiction...and since he has had trouble showing up for work and partying, he kind of deserved to be fired. I think it would be really really stupid if he ended up alive. He left the show, stick to that decision and run with it.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, this is going to be long because I’m responding to several pages of comments. LOL, man this thread sure had grown practically overnight

CSI: Miami did it first with Speedle, well… unless you count that cop that got killed in that bank robbery on CSI. His name escapes me at the moment, but I believe it started with an L. LOL! Lockwood?

Same here. And I don't think Sara would come to the funeral or at least she wouldn't let anyone know she was there. I could see her later after he's been buried standing at his grave telling him goodbye and then putting flowers on his grave and leaving before anyone finds out she's there.

Yeah, I didn’t get that either. Surely he’s not dumb enough to think that the CSI team won’t figure out that the trajectory of the bullet would make it impossible for it to have been suicide… not to mention he shot Rick twice. It would be highly unlikely for someone to shoot themselves twice when the first bullet was a through and through in the neck like that. He’s gotta know that they will know it wasn’t suicide. That really puzzled me. I just don’t get that at all.

I’m not sure, but I would think he’d have to turn it in to either Eckley or Brass.

Oh, that mob hit thing is a good point. I forgot about that case.

Yeah and Warrick just had too many chances and he kept getting himself in trouble and every time it was something worse than before. Warrick just couldn’t stay out of trouble. I’m not saying he deserved what happened to him, he needed a wake-up call. He handled the situation badly (joannas death) and it got out of hand really fast and the more he pressed it, the more it spiraled out of control. When Gedda called him, he should not have gone to meet him. If he had stayed away, he wouldn’t have been accused of murdering Gedda and he might not have been killed himself.

Still, I think him getting killed (though it fit in well with what he’d been through) was a little much. I at first expected him (after being cleared) to say: “Griss, I have to quit my job. I need to get some help and get myself straightened out. I may not be so lucky next time. It’s been an honor working for you. Thank you for all you’ve done for me.” And then hand in his resignation and leave. Of course Warrick would do this face to face and not leave a note like Sara did. I think Warrick respects Gil enough to tell him man to man that he’s leaving and for what reasons. Gil would have understood. His response probably would have been something along the lines of : “I understand, Warrick. Take care of yourself. I wish you the best of luck. You can always call me if you need anything.”

I did love the hug between Warrick and Gil. It was sort of reminiscent of the hug between Catherine and Nick after she found out that Jack Bowman killed Kristy. And also, the whole thing with Warrick and Joanna was very reminiscent of Nick and Kristy because both guys got accused of murdering the girls, one who was an exotic dancer and the other a hooker.

I wonder which member of the team is going to be hit the hardest by Warrick’s untimely death. I think it’ll affect Nick quite a bit.

I’m thinking they’ll do with him what they did with Speed on Miami… or something similar. It’ll be Nick being devastated over Warrick’s death to the point where he’ll see Warrick maybe as a ghost or in a dream helping him out with a case or something.

In the diner scene, did Greg say something about getting on a plane? I thought he did, but I’m not sure. I guess to meet with the publishers?

Why did Nick call Warrick “Serpico”? I’m sure I’ve heard “Serpico” before, but cannot recall what it means. Does anyone know? And I still want to know why Nick's dad calls him "Pancho". LOL!

The toothpick thing kinda bugged me, but I’ve seen this in a lot of shows and movies where the guy is a cowboy-ish type (especially when they’re from Texas). It’s kind of a stereotype isn’t it? Cowboys in movies/tv always either have a toothpick in their mouths (or something else) or they’re always spitting chewing tobacco.

The clock in Warrick’s car when he turned the volume down after the undersherrif knocked said 10:39. I don’t know if that’ll mean anything in the future or not. I’d say they talked for at least five minutes before dirtbag shot Warrick. So, time of death would be approximately 10:45 (since Warrick was still alive before the second shot). The second shot definitely hit him because I saw Warrick’s body kind of jump/buck up and then fall over.

Okay, what the heck was with that weird Xena-esque music? It sounded like that burial song Xena did once LOL. That was just weird for CSI.

I agree about Hodges being annoying. I loved it when Grissom asked him which parent he got the brownnoser gene from or something like that a few eps back. And it was funny when Jack Malone told him that NY had enough buttkissers LOL.

Ooh, excellent point! I mentioned Warrick’s being basically blackmailed by the dirty judge, but I didn’t even think of the possibly of the judge being connected to Gedda. Didn’t the judge tell Warrick he’d regret going against him? Only thing is, why wait eight years to get back at Warrick?

And OMG the actress playing the waitress was born in 1985? Wouldn't that make her 23? That was my guess about her age. That's so weird! But seriously, is it anymore of an age gap than Demi and Ashton? And I still say that it's not as big an age gap as Griss and Sara or at least it's close to the same. It's not like the girl isn't of legal age. I just don't see the big deal about the age difference. I mean, if she was 18, maybe but...

With all the negative responses the character's getting (even with her very tiny appearance), I am guessing that writers will decide not to have her back in any capacity except for maybe as a witness. She went in the back right as Warrick left, right? Maybe she went outside to put something in the garbage and saw or heard something that might help the team find the killer.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  14. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I completely agree with you. I love Warrick to death (hey that's kind of ironic, isn't it?) but at this point it would be ridiculous for his character to come back alive for two reasons:

1) They showed him getting shot twice, at least one of which was in his head/neck region. He was sitting alone in a dark alley and probably unable to call for help. It would be a bit of a stretch to say that he survived that.

2) His character has been involved in so much shady stuff that it's not really believable that he would still be allowed to work on the team. In real life, he would have been gone a long time ago. On TV, they can stretch it a bit, but there is a line of believability.

15. Desertwind

GregNickRyanFan no offense but what's with all the [FONT/] things:: they're not working:confused: and bringing up Sara has nothing to do with this ep. [and BTW she wiped chalk off his face,] and "Serpico was a movie with Al Pacino, who played his life who was a real cop:thumbsup:and I do not judge Gary or anything he does, I don't know him, do any of you? and the writers seem to know what they're doing, this ep. came in #1 as usual, so they're drawing in the fans with their extrordinary knowledge of the dynamics and the whole DNA/forensics issues. time will tell what's next for this show, so far so good, this was a blockbuster of all CSI's for sure:bolian: