Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I agree. He doesnt even need to be in charge though, he just needs to solve a case with some great ending. The whole team should be stuck on some evidence or part of a case and he should just crack the case and be the hero of the day. To make it even better, there should be a missing person involved in a murder, but not a suspect and they are all racing to find them and Ryan is the one to discover the location or something like that. He needs to redeem himself and it wouldnt hurt if maaaybe Ryan has to rip his shirt off and jump into a pool to save someone..just saying. ;)

2. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

:guffaw:

I do have to agree that the poor guy gets no love from the writers (either on the show or even in fanfics). As for the replacement thing, technically he was a replacement for Speed...at least job-wise. Of course his personality is different, his working style is different--he's a different guy. I guess I have a hard time understanding why people get so hung up on that point because I was replaced this year at my job: had to take some time off for health reasons, but someone had to teach my classes so they hired a replacement. He's not me...totally different, in fact...but he's my replacement :D

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I agree, Ryan wasn't Speed's replacement I mean technically he did replace Speed's position at CSI but they aren't the same so there's nothing to compare, and he's not a replacement in that sense.

I agree when H interviewed Ryan he seemed to have such great potential but tptb have made him a screw up and such a disappointment. It's such a shame, but well what do you expect from tptb. They seem to be unable to see the great potential in storylines and characters lately, not just Ryan.

I hope the new season will see Ryan or rather make the writers stop making him screw up and live up to the potential he had when we first met him in 'Under The Influence'. Really he deserves better than what he's getting now.

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I finally watched the episode from Monday. Better late than never, right?

Jon looked great, as always. This was one time when I wasnt too upset he was wearing a suit. He looked awesome in the shots of him on the bridge in the suit, I dont know why but he did. But we still need more t-shirts! Delko was wearing practically a sweatshirt-typle thing, why cant Ryan be a little more casual?

I know this has been said numerous times but our boy is short! In the scene where he was hugging Alexx, dang. Seriously only like 5'10, at the most. But its okay, hes still adorable.

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

^ Ha, he is short isn't he? I think he's 5'11". :p

6. iheartplaydoh

iheartplaydoh Victim

hi. i know i haven't been here i a LONG time, & i'm sorry (school's been a tard lately), but while i was watching an episode on A&E tonight, (it was the finale of season 4, One Of Our Own) the almost last scene with Calleigh, Peter and Monica kinda confused me.

when Calleigh says "oh, Ryan Wolfe sends his regards." or something like that, what did she mean? :confused:

of course, i'm only asking you guys cause i'm sure you're all smarter than me & would know what that meant. & also cause you guys are so cool & are more avid Ryan/Jon fans than i am. haha, i guess this means i gotta brush up on my Togo knowledge. :)

thankies; & sorry for changing the topic.

7. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

In "One of Our Own," Calleigh said, "Ryan Wolfe sends his regards" b/c:

1. Ryan helped figure out who the mole was - that it was Monica

2. B/c Ryan had been kind of "undercover" working to find the mole for most of the season. H had told Ryan to put feelers out and make it his mission to find the mole, and it really was hard on Ryan - I think that might've been the beginning of the end for "likeable" Ryan, and the beginning of "gambling/screw-up" Ryan. It was a tough thing for him to do, and I think Calleigh said that line to acknowledge that, even though Ryan wasn't arresting the mole, that he played a big part in finding the mole.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Monica also stole evidence(money) to put the lab in a bad light.Ryan was one of the last to have contact with the money and was questioned.It looked as if Ryan had taken the evidence.By sending his regards,Ryan indicated that Monica was found out.

9. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

well said miamirocks
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    And i totally agree.

it was clever of Ryan to do that.... because it worked even though who he originally thought was the mole wasn't it. But that just proves in another case that he can't trust Dan.

10. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

On a totally random note: I got to see the episode from Monday. Ryan; gorgeous as usual. And surprisingly he had a lot more screentime. Did my fellow Ryan/Jon lovers notice that?

I think Ryan had more screentime because it was basically him, Nat, and Horatio who worked the case. Delko did too but not as much as the others.
    This really puts Ryan in a good light now because he's proving himself more usefull and trustworthy. I love the scene at the "phone-wire box" when he told the "phone guy" that he was totally going to jail, but that he could try to save his "butt". Thats the Ryan we love :)

11. iheartplaydoh

iheartplaydoh Victim

oh, right, right. wow, that totally flew over my head.

thanks, miamirocks, greatfan, & katelynn! :)

12. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

I think that was my favorite scene Monday night! And I'm hoping that's a trend that's going to continue...I miss the guy that said "that's hot" and got inspired in season 3 :guffaw: I am, however, pretty partial to the dress shirts (no tie--open collar, please!) and the spikey hair. Beats sweater vests any day.

13. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I agree. I love humorous Ryan :p

Again, I agree with you, the ties are okay but more open collars and less ties would be better. BUT nothing beats sweater vests :p

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Are you saying you don't like the sweater vests?! :lol: I LOVE them, so hot. But the dress shirts, no freaking tie (hate it!) and open collar, definitely very hot too.

Ah, I do agree with everyone here about Ryan's personality, I want that season 3 Ryan back too.

15. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I have missed the past two episodes due to my sisters shows being on, but i have them recorded on my PVR i just haven't watched it yet. i might as well wait for monday then i can have 3 new eps to watch :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.