Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yup I like seeing Ryan back in the lab in 'Down To The Wire'. He's like the new AV expert now? I thought his specialty was trace?

Zelda I like the dress shirts, spikey hair too, in fact I love his hair this seaon, but my fave has to be when he's i those tight-fitting T-shirts. Yum!

2. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I think they all kind of have to pick up the slack in that area since Cooper isnt there anymore. But it seems like Ryan is doing more than them with the tech stuff. I dont really care though, it makes him that much more useful to the team.

3. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

Yes! No, actually, I never really minded the sweater vests...but now every time I see one (and not just on the show) I remember how much our Mr. Togo hated those things and crack up laughing. The open-collared dress shirts are just...yum. And I liked the tie(s) he used to wear on the odd day he was in court. The ones they've had him in lately just don't seem right.

Can't argue with you there! It was what I liked so much about him working at the gun range at the begining of the season...although his shirt there was pink, and I'm not a fan. It looked good on him, though :drool:

He kinda was a computer geek back in the day, too, if I remember right, but yeah, he seems to be the AV guy now. Maybe it's because the lab in Miami no longer has techs :lol:

4. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

*pops in* Hi there! *waves*

I've been watching S3 again and I just have to say that I love watching Ryan doing scientific things in a labcoat. We seemed to get a lot more of that in S3. I'd forgotten until I started watching again. I love the look of intense concentration on his face as he puts drops from a pipette into a test tube or something. :p

I don't like these recent ties. It's one thing wearing a tie for court, but wearing it for collecting evidence? Surely it'll dangle in the evidence?

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Yeah me too. it seems like everyone's time in the lab got significantly less as the seasons progress.

I hate those ties too! Bring on the tight-fitting T-shirts anytime! :lol:

s3 Ryan was definately a very interesting character with him having 2 majors and working to put himself through school (if my memory didn't fail me) and he was so driven, now he's just the screw up. Sorry if I'm ranting something we all already know.

I hope they make him a better person and more like the s3 Ryan in season 7.

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I really think something happened to Ryan in the past that effects him sometimes. Maybe it was a childhood thing, a friend got hurt or something because I noticed when he was listening to the fake 911 call, the person said something about her son is being hurt and he was really effected. You could see it. Then I remembered that episode where the boy shot himself or something like that, (I cant really remember the episode, but they were up in an attic type thing where a boy was killed earlier) and Ryan was having a hard time concentrating because it was getting to him.

Yet another mystery of his past :rolleyes:

7. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

*waves back to Ali* Hi there!

I really want season 3 Ryan back too. He was just so sweet, innocent and eager to learn.

I agree w/ ya ILJT, I think something did happen to Ryan in his childhood. The ep was where the teen age brother accidently shot his little brother and killed him. Ryan seemed very bothered by it but somehow seemed to relate or just be sympathetic to him. I might just be me but the look on his face was like he was thinking back to a time in his own life.

I think Ryan was so cute in those sweatervest, but after hearing Togo say he hates wearing them I hope they never put the man in one again. That last dark blue one was very hot though. The ep where he asked Boa out. Thank God he looked hot because that sucked having to watch him ask her out.

8. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

He does seem to have a soft spot for kids beyond that of just "they're kids". I'm actually using that as a point in a fic I'm working on--everybody has a thing that gets to them more than anything else, and for Ryan it seems to be kids. I wonder if we'll ever get to know why, though.

And, for your viewing pleasure, some visual evidence regarding Ryan's wardrobe:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/zelda49/Ryant-shirt.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/zelda49/Ryantie.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/zelda49/Ryannotie.jpg

And I have to say that even though I like the open collars better, I happen to like that particular tie :drool: It's more "normal" than the ones he's been in lately.

Edit: ...and the sweatervest--yeah I forgot that :lol:

http://gallery.efanguide.com/~csimiami/displayimage.php?album=73&pos=732

and one to make the sweatervest a little cuter:

http://gallery.efanguide.com/~csimiami/displayimage.php?album=73&pos=695

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

^ :drool: The first one is definitely the best. The second one is meh, I really, really have a thing against the ties... and the third one is really hot. :D

... Why don't you have a sweatervest pic? :lol:

10. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Ryan pics...how I enjoy Ryan pics....:drool:

You know, everyone talking about about possible difficulties in Ryan's past having such an effect on him gave me an idea for a really cool story for my series. Thanks guys!! :)

Which you all must read....once I write it that is. :lol:

Now...I agree with the group that we need to have less "screw up" Ryan and more of the Ryan we saw in the third season. Such a sweet little thing he was...Of course I'll take any Ryan any day! :)

11. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

wow thanks for posting those pictures.
    I love all of them, esp the one of him with the child!
    sooo cute!

12. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Oh Zelda! Upu just made my day! Now I can :drool: the rest of the night! I love the 1st, 3rd and the one with the baby the best! Thanks for posting those!

13. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

Believe me, Kat, the pleasure was all mine! :D My personal favorite is the no-tie dress shirt, but the one with the baby was too cute to resist. Maybe instead of "screw up Ryan" we could have "Uncle Ryan" next season--let's see that niece of his!

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Woo for the sweatervest pics you added! :lol: I love the one with the baby, it's so cute. ^_^

15. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Wait!!!

Ryan has a niece out there!!! :eek:

I have two questions in responce to this....

1. What episode was this revialed in?

2. Why did I miss it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.