Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

So, last night was fun!

I loved the Danny/Rikki scene. I loved the Flack/Danny/Lindsay interaction. I loved the I miss you. I laughed out loud at the picture. And I know that I wasn't the only one who wanted to push Lindsay out of the way and go show SMM that loving him could be very, very hard indeed.:devil:

I have two questions:

Do you think that he has told her about Rikki? I don't think that he has. I don't think that she has given him the chance. And I wonder if he will risk doing so if she does let him in. I mean, if she gets this mad about being shut out/ turned down for lunch, what is she going to do if he admits that he boinked the neighbor?

And can we assume that they were in a relationship prior to RND? We have L calling up and saying that it is "her turn" to buy lunch, so that would mean that he had bought lunch before. We have Danny casually inviting her over for a movie so that would seem like something they had done before. We have Flack implying that if L wasn't mad at D she would have been at the game with D. And we have D telling L that he misses her more than words can say, so there had to be something to miss, right? I would say that they were at least in some sort of casual, undefined relationship. I don't think SD was a one time thing either. So is it "canon" now? For that matter, what exactly is "canon"?

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I adored this ep :D And am so glad that it was Danny/Flack at the game instead of Lindsay. In my opinion it made their phone call even better :D

I love those pics Dutch :D

Totally agree. I never wanted her to just disappear like Louie did and with this goodbye we know that everything can just go up with DL. And Dutch.....she looked so beautiful in that very intense scene.

I am so glad I wasnt the only one who cracked :lol:

3. Redhead_Rachel

Redhead_Rachel Dead on Arrival

oh my gosh I just watched the D/L scenes on youtube (lovely kind US folks who pot them for us poor Brits!)

oh, I don't know what to say! so sweet and angsty and fluffy (flangsty?) but kinda good angst! awwww my brain is too fluffed up to be coherant.

I was glad Rikki was given a dignified exit. Poor girl deserved it after all she's been put through.

ooooooooooooooh :) I'll post properly when my head's desquidged a bit.... but I think I'm gonna go watch those scenes for a 10th time.

Danny called Lindsay "baby" too awwww.... Before I could never have imagined him calling her "baby" (it's not an expression I'm usually totally fond of) but it sounded so perfect and not cheesy at all in that scene :)

Linds love, don't worry, rainwalks aren't just a Montana thing- I do them too (and in the UK, there's plenty of opportunity :) )
    Dancing in it's quite fun too...
    Anyway, I digress

Do yo think Linds was referring to herself or the state when she said "It's a Montana thing..."

I can so see that on a tee shirt....

*Rachel twirls off to bake fluffy marshmallow cookies for the thread on her floating carpet of pink fog...*

4. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

*leaps at dutch and gives her major huggles* I've missed you. *snuggles*

That was a beautiful little thank-you to TPTB there my dearie. Contrary to popular belief, I have never hated Rikki as well. I never cared for her, but I never felt any hatred towards her. I mean, what she has gone through is something no one should ever have to deal with. It's good that she is moving and "having a fresh start", because honestly I think that is what she needs. If she stays in the city, what good will that do for her? She'll constantly be reminded of her son.

HEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Pictures!!! Aren't they lovely? The pic of Danny is just adorkable <3 and that is one wicked ass phone.

*scratches head* Where did you hear that? I'll give you a cookie! A plateful of my yummy cookies :)

Okay, I'm going to just echo dutch and Redhead_Rachel here...thank you TPTB for respecting Rikki and giving her the exit she deserves. I cannot imagine what she has been going through lately, so kudos to you for the goodbye scene :)

5. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

:scream:

Dutch, God bless you! I'm twirling my hair & biting my lip - SMM has returned!! So off to YouTube land now, I'm kinda hoping for a Sugah return but :rolleyes: we can't have everything...

Meg, well done! I wanna be a rookie but shan't overly harass the threads to get there. :lol:

Stuffy, I'm sorry I didn't intentionally send her in your direction, it was kind of an in joke with me & the lovely Megan during my frustrated moments. I'm pleased that they have seemed to give Lady V a dignified exit - I think I would have been just as p****d off if they made her out to be some kinda nasty woman.

:lol: - don't know why, just so cheery now!

Here's to next Happy Wife Beater Day! x

6. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Well I have watched the scenes again on youtube.... only a few times ;)

I know, how much difference did that one word make - PLEASE! I am glad that we got to see Danny's feelings for a change. It has been one sided from Lindsay recently so it is about time that we got to see how Danny felt. And he was quite emotional and open about missing her (more later about his honesty)

I think that he said it without actually saying it if that makes any sense :lol:

Dutch - thanks for the picture of Danny's photo on Lindsay's phone. I would have liked to have seen his name as 'Cowboy' though :lol: ... maybe next season?

To be honest, I am still not sure if Lindsay knows or not. partly because if it was me, i would have brought it up during the phone conversation. Does that make me childish :lol: But IMO it seemed to be more about the fact that he pushed her away than anything else. That and the fact that he wanted to talk, maybe he was ready to tell her what happened with Rikki? Maybe that why he was wearing the wifebeater - to distract Lindsay :devil: So the jury is still out for me on that one. I just think that he needs to be completely honest with Lindsay or their relationship will be over before it has started.

Me too! They were both quite emotional and many of the lines made me squee and sigh. It was quite emotionally gut wrenching to watch.

OMG Natty - I just spotted your avvie!!!!! That is fabulous :guffaw:

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  7. Redhead_Rachel

@ DLShipper_34
    (sorry, don't understand the quote thingamybob)

I swear I heard him say baby, or maybe it was babe... the last letter was a bit cut off...

*goes back to YT to listen again...*

It's abit rushed into the rest of the sentance when he says "...(baby) theres a lot of things I understand now that I didn't then..."

Kinda like the "honey" in "Boo", but slightly more audible...

fluffy marshmallow cookie anyone?

There's just one niggly thing I have left with the current D/L situation, but I don't want to rot my fluff by dwelling on it atm....

Do you think we might be (getting) back, people?

*fluff*

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I think there was a tear of happiness shed when i saw it.... not for the ooh technically happy ending.. But they had "the talk" pretty much i mean really did it get anywhere??? just that they both feel the same but nooo she didn't got to his house surely a warm house, i 'd be running and the chance of soom nookie

His caller id is classic!! It looks like he stole her phone and took the pic its one of those moments when your mates steal ur phone to take pics on it and then put it back. :lol:

I will be happy if this means the start of "normal" DL now and no angst.

Rikkis goodbye was perfect i couldnt hate her never did even tho she slept with Danny tho i was more jealous on my part not lindsays :lol: but it was nice cos she never really did anything wrong it was just there was... Tho the sugar joke was kinda lame.

9. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*snatches one of Stuffy's infamous cookies and laughs at her sig* you're too funny :p and I know you don't hate Rikki, it's just that I don't like people blaming her for something she is totally not to blame for :rolleyes:

Well, usually neigbours 'get to know' each other by asking for some sugar and now she was giving him some as a symbolic 'goodbye' and because (like she said) he is a 'sweet' man...

And congrats on making Rookie! :)

There is indeed supposed to be the scene where Lindsay admits to Hawkes that she misses being called Montana, which is imo an indication that she misses Danny (or what they had) just as much as he does

No, I don't think he did. When he told Rikki that what they did was bad, I believe that was the first time when he really admitted that to himself too...so now he still has to tell Lindsay that, but I fear that TPTB leave that up to interpretation...right now his "I'm sorry" could mean that he was sorry for pushing her away or for what he did with Rikki...Although I think we (and Lindsay) need him to confess that I really doubt that it will be addressed again :brickwall:

We can always assume of course, but from what we've seen especially in this season I feel that Danny was not sure about her feelings and Lindsay was thinking that it was obvious that they were together...it was just one major case of mis-communication

And don't forget those awesome Canadians :cool: who give me the chance to watch those ep a few hours after they've first aired (I watch more CTV than I watch Dutch networks :guffaw:)

I know all about it...there plenty of opportunity in Holland too, but (and I'm guessing it's that way in the UK too) for a week now, we've been having excellent weather...I even got to wear my new bikini today and get a tan already and it's only May :cool:

Well, she was pretty upset by RND, so I don't know :(

About the 'baby' thing
    It sounds to me like he says 'maybe' instead of 'baby'

10. Redhead_Rachel

I just realised I made DOA!!!

In some ways, I think I'm quite pleased that Danny hasn't told Lindsay about Rikki... I think he needed to work it out (that maybe it wasn't such a good thing) by himself before he could tell her; and I'm glad our Danny seems to be sorting himself out a bit now, and I think that with the last look at Rueban's funeral notice, there was a sense of finality about it and he can begin to, not move on and forget, but put his grief and pity and guilt behind him and remember the good rather than just feel the bad, if that makes any sense at all.

I also think that with the finality of the above, Danny is now trying to reconnect with the "good" in his life; not only Lindsay, but his friendship with Flack too, and realising that it's ok to let the good things back in rather than punishing himself with grief.

Sorry, I had an early, long shift at work and am now rambly.....
    :)

11. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

^^ I like your take on things a lot!

So, all you people with good ears; what did Danny mumble to Rikki when he called her back? I couldn't make it out. She then touches his faces and tells him that he is a sweet man or something.

Oh, and where is Liffy?

12. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

It would be nice if we get back our ship back on track but I definitely want a few things cleared up first. But I think that we have made a step in the right direction which is a good start after the angst.

I wondered what CTV was :lol: so thanks for clearing that up !

And more rambling thoughts regarding last nights episode
    Peanuts, popcorn, poison (or whatever the words were) :guffaw: Danny cracks me up and he managed to get a smile out of Lindsay :)

Does anyone have a picture of the two of them talking to the popcorn guy? there was nice shot of them standing side by side.....

What the hell is going on with Danny's hair ???? Did Lindsay steal his hair products out of spite? Or his hair a reflection of his emotional state because it seems out of control.

13. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

And that's what really made me like Rikki and why I cannot feel bad about her...even though she is going through the worst kind of grief there is, she still tries to make Danny not feel guilty and help him move on too...

Because of the fact that Lindsay is in love with Danny and Danny clearly feels strongly about Lindsay too, it would have mades thing horribly awkward, but I do think that Lindsay and Rikki could've helped the other in so many ways and would've gotten along pretty well...

Something like this?:
    [​IMG]

They do look great together *sigh*

14. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

That is just the picture I wanted Dutch - thank you! They look so good - even going as far as to wear complimentary shades. And they are both nearly smiling :)

So a question for us all - Do you think that Lindsay should have gone to Danny's to talk as he asked at the end of the phonecall?
    I think that she was right not to talk to him at the lab as she is more cautious about letting it affect her work, especially after she left evidence out. But I think that she should have agreed to go over and see him. She said her piece (falling in love with you etc etc) so it seems fair that he should get the chance to tell her how he feels and what has happened.

I guess what I am trying to say is that he is making the effort to talk to her and he was quite up front about missing her (aaaawww!) so if she wants to get things resolved (however that may be) then a talk would help. But a talk is one thing, he needs to confess to what has happened and then they need some time apart IMO.

I know cheating is wrong but they have created a storyline where you could understand why Danny did what he did. It was not right and it was definitely not clever, but none of us are perfect and grief is a personal thing which everyone experiences differently. And i am a firm believer in that you cannot truthfully say how you would react in a particular situation until you are actually in it. I just hope that they do not portay Lindsay as a push over who takes Danny back easily.

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ i loved that scene. it wasn't spectacualr or anything but the way they looked in it just made me gawk like an idiot lol.

i choked up a bit too when Danny called and they talked over the phone. they want to be with each other soo bad but there's this huge thing b/t that neither of them can get over. it was sad when Lindsay said "your hard to love" and the pain in Danny's voice/face.

however much i love D/L i gotta say that these two need to get themselves together. they need to go talk to a psychatrist- not in a couples therapy thing on their own- b/c if they don't get rid of all their baggage they're gonna explode. imo i think it's their baggage that is making the characters- dare i say- a bit annoying at times. like right now i'm conflicted on where i stand with these two and if they're doing the right thing or if they're just being selfish. (if it doesn't make sense to you, it's not making too much sense to me either lol).

it doesn't seem like Danny told Lindsay what he did with Rikki. i hope that this conversation over the phone was their talk and that's it. i think the bigger punishment for Danny is Lindsay not talking to him and being with him and having him tell her what happened and her being totally pissed off at him. imagine what Lindsay would be like if Danny told her about Rikki? if she's moppy now she'd be a wreck and unenjoyable if he told her.

i liked their scenes. it shows their hope but that obstacle, that bump is still in the way. once the figure themselves out and figure each other out they can somewhat get back to the way they were before the bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.